WHy Celtic Predator so much

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I hope you know Blade....even the McFarlane Celtic goes for a lot now adays. He's super rare. He was the hot ticket. Aside from the first Predator, Celtic is the most popular. Has been that way since the first AvP trailer.

I'm just surprised CelticP had to pay nearly $300 in '06. Didn't these guys come late 2005?
The price increase wasn't that fast, was it?

And yes, I've seen the McF Celtic prices. Fact of the matter is, any Predator (mainly Scar and Celtic) go for quite a bit on eBay, but it really depends on the condition of the packaging. A loose customized Scar three months ago went for $30-$40, so it's all about condish.
One more thing -- is anyone buying those $90 Celtic Preds? Not really. For double that money, you can get the entire set, more or less in mint packaging. That link doesn't prove much, though I agree with you that they don't come cheap either. $60 was the most I've ever seen for one, and that was at auction, not BIT.

...and there's an Edit button to squeeze in the links and stuff into one post.

Because they were made in very limited quanities. And like I said, Celtic has ALWAYS been a hot ticket.

That's why McF made the steath exclusive, Celtic, and not Scar or Elder.

I know. But no one is going for those $70-$90 versions. The most people will pay for any 1 McF AVP Pred (it's gotta be mint, though) is $50. $60 on a good day. Any price above that can easily be doubled to get the entire series. Or at least, most of it.

People are. You'll never get a Celtic under 600. Either go out and pay the price, or live without him. Hot Toys wont make more, because they make COLLECTIBLES. SInce a lot of people collect for value, they're not going to make new editions to make the older more valueble models obsolete.

I would love to get a HT Elder Predator, but that's never going to happen...and i'll live with that.

People are. You'll never get a Celtic under 600. Either go out and pay the price, or live without him. Hot Toys wont make more, because they make COLLECTIBLES. SInce a lot of people collect for value, they're not going to make new editions to make the older more valueble models obsolete.

I would love to get a HT Elder Predator, but that's never going to happen...and i'll live with that.

Okay, that first part is absolutely untrue. There are Celtic Preds (even here) going for $500. Dare I say, even less (assuming they're used), plus new waves of HT sellers come to Commerce every few months with new prices.

Well, if someone new gets into the hobby and wants a Celtic Predator, they have two options; pay the asking price, or cry (seems a lot of people prefer the latter). Just because someone's new doesn't mean that collectors should give them a price break and shouldn't be expected to. You're jumping into the game late so you should either expect to pay the prices or start picking them up where you jump aboard. It's also funny, and related, how some people think that just because they're members of this board they're entitled to a discount as well.

They're not entitled to a discount at all, but I remember something Sladesuperagent said a while back on a Sale thread. People who sell things on these Forums are looking more to do someone a solid, rather than make profit.
True, they do make quite a bit of profit, but not as much as they could on feeBay, and they're aware of this.
Just because you sell on SSF or anywhere else, doesn't mean you should expect less, but for the maximum price, most people know to turn to sites used by more people.

They're not entitled to a discount at all, but I remember something Sladesuperagent said a while back on a Sale thread. People who sell things on these Forums are looking more to do someone a solid, rather than make profit.
True, they do make quite a bit of profit, but not as much as they could on feeBay, and they're aware of this.
Just because you sell on SSF or anywhere else, doesn't mean you should expect less, but for the maximum price, most people know to turn to sites used by more people.

Great if he wants to do that, but that's on him. If people are selling stuff on this forum it's because they need money for something else or ran out of room. There's nothing in the rules I've seen about asking what you want. Hell, there are people here dreaming in their FS threads expecting to get high prices for NECA and McFarlane garbage. That's more absurd than a high-end collectible's appreciated value. I see doing someone a solid as more of trading a grail for a grail. But in the end, it shouldn't matter about "doing someone a solid." A quick browsing of the WTB thread reeks of baby birds crying for grails at low-balling prices which are, more often than not, either less than what the owner paid or so far below fair market value that it's a slap in the face. For this reason I will never have a FS thread here just because many freaks here are so cheap they're actually insulting.

I dont know why people spend so much money on them :p Dont get me wrong, i collect Predator items too, but not figures. I understand using $300 on a 1:1 Scale Replica, but not on figures. I guess it just depends on how much of a collector/fan you are. And there expensive due to the low supply these guys were shipped out as if im not mistaken.

I dont get why someone would spend over 800 bucks on the ugliest looking ____tiest Predator ever....or worst creature Design PredAlien. But people do.....

I dont get why someone would spend over 800 bucks on the ugliest looking ____tiest Predator ever....or worst creature Design PredAlien. But people do.....

Glad to see you finally graduated:

BurnCamp_Picture.gif

I dont know why people spend so much money on them :p Dont get me wrong, i collect Predator items too, but not figures. I understand using $300 on a 1:1 Scale Replica, but not on figures. I guess it just depends on how much of a collector/fan you are. And there expensive due to the low supply these guys were shipped out as if im not mistaken.

I don't see why someone who doesn't collect figures is posting on a 1/6 thread. :dunno

Back