WHy Celtic Predator so much

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW. Inappropriate!
Save that for geek Cinemax (shudders at the thought)! lol

But how is Celtic a BAMF if he got startled by a Queen? You should have him carrying away her crown as a trophy! THAT's truly worthy of the BAMF name...

I know. CP thought he had a purdy mouf.

I instantly thought of this post.

"Originally Posted by KitFisto
Predator would own Rambo John J. Only Arnie could take down a Pred. Danny Glover must have killed the one gay Predator."

Now there are two gay Predators. I am laughing hysterically.

I am looking to buy a Celtic Predator and he seems to be the most expensive why is that? Even a damaged one was $400 used with a broken elbow. Why the Expense? Thanks

Why did the 1st appearance of Superman sell for over $1,000,000? Same deal for the AVP preds. Because that's what people feel compelled to pay for him. Not surprisingly, despite all the baby birds whining about the prices in the WTB thread, they've still maintained their value.

because of all the collectors/completeists who support scalpers on ebay.

see.

THANK YOU! Hit the nail on the head.

BTW, CelticP, in 2006 you shouldn't even have had to pay $200 for him! Less than that easy, judging by the time period.
And I wouldn't say anyone's whining, except for those WTBers who want to claim an AVP Pred as their first fig from HT. Their budgets go up to $200-something, because they still can't understand what many of us have come to accept, sadly: it's all hype.

Personally, I think $400 + shipping for an AVP Pred MIB (if not Celtic, then at least Chopper, I mean c'mon!) is a perfectly decent deal. No, a perfectly decent price, not a deal.
Y'know how many used Choppers are on here for less than $300? Lots of 'em (I should know, I've PM'd those sellers... sadly no responses yet :( ). I think adding an extra hundred bucks to that price to get it unassembled in box is the most anyone should have to pay. That, and of course shipping costs.

I'm with Prefused in the sense that it is no one other than us, the buyers, who give the secondary-market sellers the impression that $500-$600 should be accepted as "a good deal" by all potential buyers. It shouldn't. No figure, in my opinion is worth that much money. It's interest that causes the "value" to triple, nearly quadruple. You have the worth of the actual item, and factor in the interest (or rather, based on history, how much are people willing to pay).
Having that said, I am definitely willing to pay $400 + S&H. Doesn't mean I like it. But it's been 4 years and these things are selling for over half a grand! Guys like us who are still after these puppies have no choice -- but we shouldn't resort to eBay-esque pricing!
Remember when P2 Elder came out? What was his price, hmm... $145 or so? But since everyone went ga-ga over it, he's being sold for almost $700. Does that seem at all right?

i say get the chopper, and get celtic's biomask separately. its pretty much the same thing...for less.
*minor accessory variation. :]

I managed to get all 4 avp preds last fall and they didn't come to 400 + shipping.

I am looking to buy a Celtic Predator and he seems to be the most expensive why is that? Even a damaged one was $400 used with a broken elbow. Why the Expense? Thanks

Because people are stupid. I sold all of my Preds because people were stupid and paid 4 and 5 times the amount that they cost. :lol Stupid people! :dunno

Because people are stupid. I sold all of my Preds because people were stupid and paid 4 and 5 times the amount that they cost. :lol Stupid people! :dunno

Why is it stupid?? If people are fans of the Predator figures and obviously have the disposable money and don't mind spending it then I don't see a problem with it. Comments like this on a collectors forum make me shake my head sometimes.

Back