Who's Buying / Not Buying the Iron Man Mark 1 2.0 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which applies to you?

• Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • Nope, i have/had the original and don't feel the need to bother with this

Votes: 51 16.5%
  • Yep, i missed/skipped the original and wasn't willing to buy it from ebay

Votes: 151 48.9%
  • Nope, i'm bored with Iron Man now.

Votes: 66 21.4%

• Total voters
Just goes to show no matter how many people say keeping doing rereleases will lose customers, as for the 37 that drop out there is 113 new customers to replace them. I have the original and will get this as well, as I can't get enough of this line and will never will be as there will always be a void, as the line will never be completed. Well not until I see the drones and Iron Whiplash happen.

Just goes to show no matter how many people say keeping doing rereleases will lose customers, as for the 37 that drop out there is 113 new customers to replace them. I have the original and will get this as well, as I can't get enough of this line and will never will be as there will always be a void, as the line will never be completed. Well not until I see the drones and Iron Whiplash happen.

I also wish HT would have spent their time and resources on a Whiplash armor figure or some drones.
I'd love to make a dio on my shelf of that last battle scene, with the Mk.VI and Warmachine.

i've got the original, so I am skipping this. Don't see much improvement and honestly i have it displayed with visor down so the new head sculpt is BLAH to me. If HT had done it where the armor was detachable then I would have been on it.

I'll pass on this one. I have the original and am getting burned out on Iron Man. I would have hoped more for an improved MK III BD.

Yep. I was fine with just the Mk IV and War Machine, but I like this suit enough to get another Iron Man, and since the OCD isn't compelling me to complete the set.

I used my tiny amount of points on this sucker at SS. I remember seeing the original in other member's collection pics, the ones that have tons of HT figures. This guy always stood out. One you just can't miss.

I also wish HT would have spent their time and resources on a Whiplash armor figure or some drones.
I'd love to make a dio on my shelf of that last battle scene, with the Mk.VI and Warmachine.

With all the IM figures produced so far, I am very shocked we haven't seem anything about them making an ARMORED WHIPLASH. The would rule SO MUCH!

An instant buy.

It's not like star wars hasn't been beaten to death over the last 30+ years. :lol :nana:

:lol touche, Josh!

but when you think about it SS only has two 1/6 lines right now going: GI Joe and SW. I'm not counting the possible 1/6 DC line b/c well we haven't seen a single figure yet. HT on the other hand has so many different licenses and yet Iron Man and Batman are the ones that get the spot light almost every time.

but when you think about it SS only has two 1/6 lines right now going: GI Joe and SW. I'm not counting the possible 1/6 DC line b/c well we haven't seen a single figure yet. HT on the other hand has so many different licenses and yet Iron Man and Batman are the ones that get the spot light almost every time.

clearly you're not predator fans :rotfl

as far as i know, HT already released 26 varians of predator so far :D :D

I can't blame them when that is obviously their bread and butter. They mix in other stuff but when those two sell keep going to the well.

It's really interesting to see how many members votes they "missed the original".

I wonder if they really did "miss" the original, or did they really just pass back in the day and are now falling trap to the "hype" machine.

Not saying I'm above being subject to the hype, but I am curious....

It's really interesting to see how many members votes they "missed the original".

I wonder if they really did "miss" the original, or did they really just pass back in the day and are now falling trap to the "hype" machine.

Well back then i only collected 1/4 but now i'm trying to collect all the suits in 1/6 and didn't want to pay the really high ebay price for the MKI.

I did pass on the first release . I had other "want" figures above this at the time. By the time I wanted to pick this up the secondary market was too high.

This issue is even becoming more apparent to me now. With all the new releases, both releases and new from HT. Sideshow Starwars line and the upcoming SS DC lines. On top is the increases in the prices, I'm forced to really evaluate every buy. I consider myself a modest collector spending around $1500-$2000/year. Now I'm looking at doubling it to keep up with things? :monkey2

I wasn't into the 1/6 thing at the time. I had my 1/1 Iron Man bust and my Mjolnir, Stormbreaker, Cap shields, and Hellboy right hand of doom props, and that was it. The 1st 1/6 I bought was War Machine and the bug caught me from there. Now I have 9 still proccessing and 22 Hot Toys or SSC 1/6 figures.

I missed it, when I did want it I looked at it on Ebay and passed, depending on what I bought I could get 4-6 figures for what I saw on the Ebay prices for the MKI, so I got the other figures instead and I'm happy to see this new version.

i'm not getting it. i have 4, 5 & 6 but i just don't like the design of the mark 1 armor. i prefer the sleek look.

I wasn't buying HT at the time

Version 1 is good enough for me. Wish I didn't put SS points to the Mark II ex I want to cancel it. I'm losing interest in Hot Toys period.

Back