Who's Buying / Not Buying the Iron Man Mark 1 2.0 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which applies to you?

• Yep, i have/had the original and will buy this

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • Nope, i have/had the original and don't feel the need to bother with this

Votes: 51 16.5%
  • Yep, i missed/skipped the original and wasn't willing to buy it from ebay

Votes: 151 48.9%
  • Nope, i'm bored with Iron Man now.

Votes: 66 21.4%

• Total voters
Are you keeping the original or selling it?

Keeping it. Have all of the Iron Man figures and plan on keeping that track record going.

Option 4 of this poll cracks me up and speaks to the ADD nature of most people. :lol

Never had the original, but the Mk. I is my favourite version of the armour. I like the chunky, pulpy look.

It wouldn't look out of place standing next to Indy and WW2 Captain America.

Option 4 of this poll cracks me up and speaks to the ADD nature of most people. :lol

ADD? Really? I think those who have kept attention to this point should be applauded for lasting this long.

I put it there cos with nearly twenty figure there will definitely be collectors on this line who have grown bored of the characters and figures even before this was announced.

And it looks to the best second chosen option

:wave

Love the Iron Man movies! Happy to say that Hot Toys is making another MK I ( 2.0) I missed out on the first one and I will add this one to my collection. I would rather had the first version because I think it looks more like the one in the movie,but not willing to pay $1000.00 for it on eBay!

ADD? Really? I think those who have kept attention to this point should be applauded for lasting this long.

I put it there cos with nearly twenty figure there will definitely be collectors on this line who have grown bored of the characters and figures even before this was announced.

And it looks to the best second chosen option

:wave

Yes, I would totally stick by saying ADD. Applauded for lasting this long? :lol I guess lasting this long with how short the attention span of bandwagon collectors is you'd be correct. I'd say lets applaud fans of Iron Man who are sticking with collecting the character.

Fantastic! 33 people picked that option and its the second place. The polls here should really be taken with anything more than a grain of salt. :lol

So if we use this poll as a small sample of how people on this board feel, I am kinda surprised.

With @ 200 participants in the poll, almost 7 out of 10 freaks are buying this. I think thats a HUGE number.

And even more telling, only 2 out of 10 are bored with Iron Man.

So even though there seem to be many gripes and complaints about NO MORE MILKING IRON MAN FIGURES and RE-ISSUES ARE WORTHLESS, it seems more than 8 out of 10 people don't feel that way. If I were in a position to determine what HT are made, I'd re-issue just @ every figure possible and I'd milk Iron Man for charachter and version I could think of.

It seems thats what the majority wants! And I'm sure HT wouldn't mind the money!

^^

Hmmm, i'd say it also shows that the majority buying it missed the original figure, meaning they started collecting HT later than those who chose the other options.

So 97/194 started the iron man line after the third figure and after the price soared on eBay and want this.

30/194 are longterm HT iron man collectors and want this

67/194 are longterm HT Iron Man collectors, and aren't buying this, with 36 of them not likely to buy any further from the franchise.

_____

Never had the original, but the Mk. I is my favourite version of the armour. I like the chunky, pulpy look.

It wouldn't look out of place standing next to Indy and WW2 Captain America.

:goodpost:

I never though about that, but this does look like an armour that could've been almost the best in the forties, add some forearm guns and it'd fit in perfectly next to Captain America and Red Skull.

^^

Hmmm, i'd say it also shows that the majority buying it missed the original figure, meaning they started collecting HT later than those who chose the other options.

So 97/194 started the iron man line after the third figure and after the price soared on eBay and want this.

30/194 are longterm HT iron man collectors and want this

67/194 are longterm HT Iron Man collectors, and aren't buying this, with 36 of them not likely to buy any further from the franchise.

You have no idea on the last one and are simply assuming. You don't ask the question are you a longterm HT Iron Man collector and are bored. You simply ask are you bored which could be people like yourself a non fan, batman fan, joker fan, indy fan, metal gear fan, etc and re bored.

At the time I'm writing this besides the four simple answers above there are only two other things. 68 people are not getting this figure for one of two reasons which are stated in the poll and 127 people are getting it for one of two reasons. That's it.

20% of those polled are bored with Iron Man and 80% aren't. Enough nonsense about milking licenses. HT are obviously servicing a demand :wink1:

Got into HT just as the Mark 1 was getting crazy expensive so missed the boat to get one new, and was loath to pay the mental ebay prices. there used to mark 1's on there for £800! I came very close to one on ebay for £270 but lost at the last minute. Just as well really as this one looks to be a great improvement.

Good things come to those who wait :)

Passed the first time and will pass a second time. It's a marvelous figure, but it's Tony's advanced suits that interested me, not his tin man suit built out of scraps in a cave.

Got the first issue for $90, so even with the improvements, this is an easy pass.

I do like the option of having a figure that dispenses frozen concentrated orange juice, however...

Chose #2. Got the first one and since there doesn't seem to be too much (if any) change in the armor, I don't see a need for an upgrade. I never display him with the helmet up anyway. Even my Mark IV with the excellent Tony sculpt is displayed with the helmet on and the headsculpt stays in a drawer.

Back