Who was the best Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who was the best Joker?

• Joaquin Phoenix (The Joker)

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Cameron Monaghan (Gotham)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zach Galifianakis (LEGO Batman)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Jared Leto (Suicide Squad)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Troy Baker (Arkham games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)

Votes: 47 46.5%
  • Mark Hamill (Batman TAS)

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Jack Nicholson (Batman '89)

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Cesar Romero (Batman '66)

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
My favorite is definitely nicholson. I love every line and every outfit. He used the electric shocker, a giant barrel pistol, parade balloons, joker gas, false teeth, etc. That stuff is quintessential joker. He?s doing that comic stuff and murdering a great deal of people. What is not to like.

Heath is great. Love the ideology and the very muted sense of humor that is subtly apparent. The potato peeler in the pocket and the burning fire truck come to mine. He is electric to watch. Everyone loves it, not much to say that hasn?t been said.

I love joaquin. Never pictured the joker exactly in that way but it feels very natural and his ascent is very cathartic and oddly fun to watch.

Heres a tricky question...Whats you?re favorite scene of joker on TV?

-Brand x
-Are you the real batman?
-That?s life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledger. I like my Jokers true to form, anacharistic and obsessed with undoing Batman on every level.

Yeah dude. Seeing the dark knight in imax opening night was probably the best theatre experience of my life.

For some reason the thing that really stands out was when harvey socked that goon in court. I immediately looked at my best friend behind me.

Last edited:
Yeah dude. Seeing the dark knight in imax opening night was probably the best theatre experiences of my life.

For some reason the thing that really stands out was when harvey socked that goon in court. I immediately looked at my best friend behind me.

Why was your friend behind you? :lol

I'll give it to Ledger too. I like my characters to be proactive and dynamic. Phoenix's Joker was just too passive, too meek, too... non-Jokery. It was a fine Elseworlds and a good enough Taxi Driver/King Of Comedy quasi-homage capeflick, but he really didn't manage to overcome Ledger's portrayal. He managed to be manic, secretly calculating, funny, scary, creepy and badass all at the same time. You come across Phoenix or Nicholson at a dark alley and yeah, you'll get creeped out but you'll still think "I have a shot". You come across Ledger's, and you're pretty much in a "well, ****, guess I'm gonna be the star of the new Hostel" mode.

tumblr_o18byzg8IH1r5rk9to3_r1_540.gif

I'll give it to Ledger too. I like my characters to be proactive and dynamic. Phoenix's Joker was just too passive, too meek, too... non-Jokery. It was a fine Elseworlds and a good enough Taxi Driver/King Of Comedy quasi-homage capeflick, but he really didn't manage to overcome Ledger's portrayal. He managed to be manic, secretly calculating, funny, scary, creepy and badass all at the same time. You come across Phoenix or Nicholson at a dark alley and yeah, you'll get creeped out but you'll still think "I have a shot". You come across Ledger's, and you're pretty much in a "well, ****, guess I'm gonna be the star of the new Hostel" mode.

tumblr_o18byzg8IH1r5rk9to3_r1_540.gif

The mystery behind Ledger's Joker is also intriguing. We know what Jack was like before the acid bath, and we also know Arthur/Joker better than any other version, but not Ledger. Where does he live? What does he like? What does he wear when he's not in "costume"? What is he actually like as a person? He's a complete mystery, in a day and age where social media has made intimacy and privacy become a rarity. There's very few famous people with an aura of mystery or a larger than life persona because we see and know everything. I like a little bit of mystery with villains. Ledger Joker is just this thing that shows up and causes destruction, and then leaves. Having said that, the Joker film only works because it explores Arthur, so I can accept that and don't hold that against the character.

The theory I've always subscribed to was that he was some part of the Military, or the Military Industrial Complex, became disilussioned with all the things that went down in the 90s-00s, had a traumatic incident down there, had a breakdown and now wants to bring it all crashing down to show that humanity is a facade or something. But yeah, he was a complete mystery, and it's tough even trying to think of him without the clothes and makeup.

And what you're saying about the mystery is true as well. It's all mostly gone now, except for dark secrets that they deliberately hide. It seems that everything else is broadcasted. A fake persona that eventually overtakes their actual shelves and becomes what they truly are. The world was not ready for Social Media in general.

Ledger will always be # 1 because collectors paid lots of money for his 1/6 custom socks.

Enjoy your crappy bootleg JP Joker lol

Will you get a Phoenix Joker figure if HT makes it?

Yup absolutely I love his look but I want a laughing subway head to go along with it and maybe a decapitated Zazie Beetz head too lol.

As of now my favorite Joker collectible remains 89 followed by TDK bank robber (shame he was never made into 1/4).

But JP Joker will certainly make for a great collectible.

Love the Ledger Joker, he’s perhaps the only thing I think that has held up from those movies. With that said, the fanatical fan boys turned me off pretty quickly. That and to Nolan stuff in general. The cult of Ledger is full of spergs of the highest order.

We joke about the customs and dolls, but for the longest time it was a real sickness.

Back