Who was the best Joker?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who was the best Joker?

• Joaquin Phoenix (The Joker)

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Cameron Monaghan (Gotham)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zach Galifianakis (LEGO Batman)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Jared Leto (Suicide Squad)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Troy Baker (Arkham games)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)

Votes: 47 46.5%
  • Mark Hamill (Batman TAS)

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • Jack Nicholson (Batman '89)

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Cesar Romero (Batman '66)

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Has anyone changed their tune after ZSJL (not that that version of Joker was an option here)?

Took us nearly 20 years after Nicholson to get Ledger, now we have Leto and Phoenix within the space of a few.

Has anyone changed their tune after ZSJL (not that that version of Joker was an option here)?

Took us nearly 20 years after Nicholson to get Ledger, now we have Leto and Phoenix within the space of a few.

Leto was way better in JL then whatever that pimp gansta atrocity was in suicide squad. I still dont like that forced laugh he does, maybe if he didnt do it so often i wouldnt notice it as much but its not good imo. JP laugh was much better in the Joker it seemed natural not like he was forcing it out or trying really hard to sound like someone else- idk what Leto is trying to do, maybe sound like hamill, but he is failing miserably. I enjoyed his performance overall though, just needs to ditch that laugh

lol no.

Somehow I managed to hate Leto Joker even more.

Yes, kind of...he's ok. I really like his scene in the SC. It's hard for me to put him above Phoenix or Nicholson because it was only a four minute scene.

Its a toss up for me between Nicholson, Heath and Phoenix. All three brought something new to the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thought over Leto's take on the character a bit more. Somehow, he's better in Suicide Squad than in JL. You heard me.

There have been many great portrayals of the character over the years but Ledger is the best live action performance, and Hamill defines the character period. When I pick up a Batman comic, it's Hamill's voice in my head. It's not even a contest. Phoenix did a good job but to see him beating out Hamill in this poll is objectively wrong. :nana::lol

Yes,
Ledger for me then Hamill,Phoenix.

Leto i cannot stand!!!
Even with the new scene and that God awful irritating laugh he has.

Phoenix was a great performance of a great and complicated character.
Worst Joker though, because it wasn?t the Joker.
That character was not Batman?s arch nemesis.

Elaborate.

Love the movie, love the performance, I even love the take on the Joker, but that?s what I see it as, an alternate, what if, exploration of the Joker versus an actual narrative about the Joker.
I don?t imagine that that backstory shown in the film is the true origin of any actual version of the character from the Batman comic books.
It?s almost like an Elseworlds Joker.

I like when Fleck finally cuts loose in the last half hour of the movie - after finding the adoption papers and fully snapping. He's a fantastic Joker from that point on. I wish he could be in the Pattinson trilogy.

Back