Who is ready for sub groups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I collect everything, 1:1 props, prop replicas, PFs, dios, 1:6, 3 3/4, etc. Most of the time I'm looking to read about something distinct and find myself lost in other threads about things I actually didn't know I'd like and wind up buying. Seeing people from all different aspects of the collectibles community engaging in conversation, good, bad, whatever, is part of what sets this forum apart from all the other forums.

I appreciate the 'cross-pollination' effect the forum has on you. But not all of us have the time you have to spend on this forum. Some of us need to get in, read what we want, and get out. If you have all day to read 1000 different, unrelated threads, good for you. AND you can still do that by hitting 'new posts' anytime you like. I, for one, would love to be able to go into the Marvel thread, and not sort through Hot Toys threads.

LOL! Good call! Sorry MANDO!

:D We all have those days. :lol

I agree with you to some extent about all the "Do you wish HotToys would make..." threads. They get a bit overwhelming at times, especially in the SW threads. I think maybe limiting it to one HotToys wishlist thread per forum would be better considering they don't turn out that much product to begin with.

First, GFYS.

Next, it has NOTHING to do with being an elitist. It has to do with reading the posts that have something to do with what I want to read. I don't collect Action Figures. I also don't think 'My collectibles' are any more important than 'Your collectibles'. I just don't like having to sort through post after post to find the information I want to read. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't need to **** myself, ***hole, I actually have a wife. Your follow-up post is oxymoronic. This forum is dedicated to Sideshow and all it's products namely, and has a great chunk of collectibles from other companies as well. Rather than be a close-minded elitist who only collects statues and doesn't want to have to sift through threads that with non-statue products that others are interested in, part of what makes this forum great - it's diversity, you'd be happiest in a forum dedicated to what you collect. That, clearly, isn't here. Otherwise, just use the "Search" function and STFU. :rolleyes:

Hey!:tap No picking on NAM. He introduced me to Liberace!:monkey3

Hey!:tap No picking on NAM. He introduced me to Liberace!:monkey3

I think we're actually beyond that bub, but thanks for the brave attempt:

2772611518_b25e8964c2.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p

The was actually pretty funny... until Nam reminded me how much time I actually spend here. :eek: :lol

I have to agree with you both that the "Should HT make..." threads are getting rediculous. It's getting to a point where I won't be surprised if we soon see "Should HT make Jesus?" or "Will HT ever make the Progressive lady?".:pow

The was actually pretty funny... until Nam reminded me how much time I actually spend here. :eek: :lol

I have to agree with you both that the "Should HT make..." threads are getting rediculous. It's getting to a point where I won't be surprised if we soon see "Should HT make Jesus?" or "Will HT ever make the Progressive lady?".:pow

:tap HEY! You can't create awesome customs like that and just hide them from the world! :mad:

I don't need to **** myself, ***hole, I actually have a wife. Your follow-up post is oxymoronic. This forum is dedicated to Sideshow and all it's products namely, and has a great chunk of collectibles from other companies as well. Rather than be a close-minded elitist who only collects statues and doesn't want to have to sift through threads that with non-statue products that others are interested in, part of what makes this forum great - it's diversity, you'd be happiest in a forum dedicated to what you collect. That, clearly, isn't here. Otherwise, just use the "Search" function and STFU. :rolleyes:

Dude, why are you flaming Computer so hard? He is just making a suggestion. I like his idea as well. I come over a look at the 12inch stuff sometimes, but my main focus it PF Star Wars and Indy. What is wrong with splitting those out. Does it somehow bother you???:horror
I really do not understand why you would take offense, or start an all our personal attack on him over a simple idea.

It's fairly obvious from your initial reaction to my first post, that you are an Action Figure collector. I have no problem with that. But, I don't come here to read about Action Figures, nor do I care about Action figure customs.

Think of it this way, Dave could actually put the 'customs' back into the Star Wars section IF there was a Star Wars section IN the ACTION FIGURES section. That would reunite the custom guys and the action figure guys. But statue collectors, who honestly don't see many customized statues, aren't going to want 'custom action figures' in the only STAR WARS section.

Hey, I'm a huge fan of customs. I wonder if you are correct. If it was to split out Action and Statues under each if they would put the customs back into both. I love doing customs myself when I get time and I plan to do some on these PF I just purchased. Anyway, I think there are some things that might be addressed for all. Not trying to upest the apple cart here. Sorry, I am new and missed some of the breakout that is already in place as I was using another layout. Anyway, good collecting with you guys, keep the ideas coming.:banana

I don't have a problem with the structure of this board. The trolls, that's what really irritates me. What happens in this thread is a perfect illustration of the situation again. And it's usually the same people. I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

This is a topic worthy of discussion, but there is no reason to start throwing around insults. What is it with you people and having to get pissy at every little thing?

I collect both and always hated that there were segregated sites - Statue Forum and OSW will never get together and go swing dancing.

I think segregating it would make this "us vs them" even worse than it already is. When I started this forum I was only a 1/6 collector, but I've branched out since then and I think that everyone should be exposed to the other. Cool stuff is cool stuff, whether it's an action figure or a diorama. Sideshow bridged the gap with the PF and that's what this forum has tried to do.

I've also always liked how this site is organized by theme rather than by company - it brings Marvel collectors together, SW collectors together, etc.

However an interesting point is made. It might be appropriate to have a "Star Wars" header and an "action figure" and "Other" forums. Same with General, DC, Aliens & Robots.

If there were enough support I'd consider it. But I hate forums where there are so many subsections you spend more time clicking between forums than actually reading and writing posts.

Hi Dave (don't ban me :))

The OP just brought up a point that I had been discussing with some other members here recently (on the phone).

I use 'New Posts' the majority of the time when I come here. But it is pure hell trying to find the stuff I actually want to read. If there were separate sections for statues and AFs, then, you could maybe put a 'new posts' for each section. That would make life SOOOoooo much easier (for some of us). You could still have the 'New Posts' on the main page, which would encompass the entire site, as it does now.

This is a topic worthy of discussion, but there is no reason to start throwing around insults. What is it with you people and having to get pissy at every little thing?

I collect both and always hated that there were segregated sites - Statue Forum and OSW will never get together and go swing dancing.

I think segregating it would make this "us vs them" even worse than it already is. When I started this forum I was only a 1/6 collector, but I've branched out since then and I think that everyone should be exposed to the other. Cool stuff is cool stuff, whether it's an action figure or a diorama. Sideshow bridged the gap with the PF and that's what this forum has tried to do.

I've also always liked how this site is organized by theme rather than by company - it brings Marvel collectors together, SW collectors together, etc.

However an interesting point is made. It might be appropriate to have a "Star Wars" header and an "action figure" and "Other" forums. Same with General, DC, Aliens & Robots.

If there were enough support I'd consider it.
But I hate forums where there are so many subsections you spend more time clicking between forums than actually reading and writing posts.

People who want that can just as easily join the other two forums you mentioned in your post and make the most out of their collecting. The whole reason I prefer the SSF forum over StatueForum or OneSixthWarriors is because it's the exact opposite. You bring everyone together as a whole, vs. locking everyone away in their niches... well, at least that was mostly the case until you segregated the Custom aspect from the SW threads. :(

A newb registers and wants the board changed.

Ummm ok!

It's not exactly a new idea. And it can be discussed. But as I said - I heavily prefer the integration of all things. If it's segregated those that are adamantly one camp or the other would never have the chance to crossover (as I did). Which I think is a bad thing.

And give it a rest about the SW custom thing.:rolleyes:

I came to this board because everyone seemed so nice. Most are, but I decided to toss out an idea, as the group seemed open to ideas and I had seen it other ways at REBELSCUM. Well, I get the reasons why it will not change, and will just deal with the search till I decided I can't anymore. One thing that I guess happens on every board is flaming, guess I just had not seen it first hand here till now.

Back