Who is ready for sub groups

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said it was worthy of discussion and could be considered if there was support - but I greatly lean towards NOT separating it.

To everyone in this thread:
I re-opened this thread because I think the topic IS worthy of discussion. However if name calling and idiotic childish behavior continues, we'll just ban those members.

I do think the idea of a self-regulated post icon might be a way to go though.

I see you've begun adding the little icons. I like it and I think this was a great solution to the situation.

I said it was worthy of discussion and could be considered if there was support - but I greatly lean towards NOT separating it.

To everyone in this thread:
I re-opened this thread because I think the topic IS worthy of discussion. However if name calling and idiotic childish behavior continues, we'll just ban those members.

I do think the idea of a self-regulated post icon might be a way to go though.

THE MAN has spoken!

I like the tags. Dave, is it possible that there could be a checkbox added to the advanced search function, that could specify to only show action figure threads vs. statue threads? Say you were looking for any Punisher threads, but what you were really looking for were customized AFs, then you wouldn't see the Punisher PF and comiquette threads. Just throwing this out there, I doubt it is doable.

You're the one that keeps bringing up Statueforum. What is your obsession with that site? I have never mentioned it, nor made a comparison to, that site. But honestly, I'm not sure how you believe the two differ in any way. If anything, Statueforum is FAR more compact than this site, so I'm again confused as to why you believe we are trying to turn the Freaks board into Statueforum. My guess is you got banned from there at some point, and you're carrying some chip on your shoulder. Why you keep interjecting 'StatueForum' into this conversation over and over is beyond me.

You're the one that keeps bringing up Statueforum. What is your obsession with that site? I have never mentioned it, nor made a comparison to, that site. But honestly, I'm not sure how you believe the two differ in any way. If anything, Statueforum is FAR more compact than this site, so I'm again confused as to why you believe we are trying to turn the Freaks board into Statueforum. My guess is you got banned from there at some point, and you're carrying some chip on your shoulder. Why you keep interjecting 'StatueForum' into this conversation over and over is beyond me.

Everything there is compartmentalized in much the same way you're suggesting Dave reformat SSF. Additionally, it's for people who love statues and don't want to read about all the action figure threads. It's no chip, I just don't understand why you wouldn't like it there better, considering they offer and prefer all the aspects you're suggesting here. It's a legitimate question. Again, I'm all for change, I just don't feel the need for segregation. There are already enough genre forums out there to appeal to those who do which is why most find SSF a welcome change.

Everything there is compartmentalized in much the same way you're suggesting Dave reformat SSF. Additionally, it's for people who love statues and don't want to read about all the action figure threads. It's no chip, I just don't understand why you wouldn't like it there better, considering they offer and prefer all the aspects you're suggesting here. It's a legitimate question. Again, I'm all for change, I just don't feel the need for segregation. There are already enough genre forums out there to appeal to those who do which is why most find SSF a welcome change.

So do you think Dave would like it better if everyone who likes to read about Sideshow's statues, and only the statues, leave his site, and go over to Statueforum? Because that is what it sounds like you're suggesting to me.

If anyone needs to take the advice in your signature, it is you.

Talk about changing your argument...first you are complaining about how there will be 'too many' sections if any changes were made, and now you are saying that it would be too 'compartmentalized' if any changes were made. Which one is it? Everything is just perfect in your eyes as it is? Sad that you are so blind to things that make the board better for anyone other than yourself. You're so focused on you, you can't possibly allow anyone else to make suggestions that might make the time spent more enjoyable for them. The title in your avatar is 100% correct...good call.

So do you think Dave would like it better if everyone who likes to read about Sideshow's statues, and only the statues, leave his site, and go over to Statueforum? Because that is what it sounds like you're suggesting to me.

Talk about changing your argument...first you are complaining about how there will be 'too many' sections if any changes were made, and now you are saying that it would be too 'compartmentalized' if there are any changes were made. Which one is it? Everything is just perfect in your eyes as it is? Sad that you are so blind to things that make the board better for anyone other than yourself. Your so focused on you, you can't possibly allow anyone else to make suggestions that might make the time spent more enjoyable for them. The title in your avatar is 100% correct...good call.

Thanks for the subliminal name calling! You :rock! Here's hoping Dave follows through with his statement.

As for your post, again, you epitomize your own statement and contradict your own words. Compartmentalizing the forum means more subforums. Isn't that adding more sections? And it's not just me that feels this way about the open genre design it has now. It's many other freaks INCLUDING the administrator who intentionally designed it as such, so I'm failing to see how I'm so focused on me vs. the majority. As MOST have already stated, MOST prefer it as is.

As for those who leave this site if they don't get their own way, again, maybe it's just me, but isn't that being selfish? I don't think anybody's putting a gun to your head and demanding you stay here. :rolleyes:

MOST, haven't made any such statement.

See, it's funny. Dave IS making the changes, so in essence, you lose your argument. Dave saw that maybe there is perhaps a need for a little more 'separation', and has moved forward. That's all I was looking for.

I'm done here...feel free to keep chatting with yourself.

MOST, haven't made any such statement.

See, it's funny. Dave IS making the changes, so in essence, you lose your argument. Dave saw that maybe there is perhaps a need for a little more 'separation', and has moved forward. That's all I was looking for.

I'm done here...feel free to keep chatting with yourself.

He added little tiny icons. The overall structure of the forums (with the exception of the customs section in Star Wars) has remained the same. So I fail to see what point you're trying to make here.

I agree with Darth Madden. I like to just browse through the threads and I always end up reading stuff that I would not be iin "my" section.

I'm tired of being a "little freaky". How many posts do I need to move up?

I put in the post icons to see if it was a viable idea and if it accomplished something. I don't expect mods to go edit every thread to add them though.

If members want to use them and they're useful - we'll make a broader announcement requesting they be used.

I put in the post icons to see if it was a viable idea and if it accomplished something. I don't expect mods to go edit every thread to add them though.

If members want to use them and they're useful - we'll make a broader announcement requesting they be used.

Thanks Dave! I think this is a nice solution.:chew

Back