Who here ordered the Ex Blade vs. Dracula dio and plans on keeping it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be a grail. Insane detail, execution, kick ass characters, low ES (400 for exclusive and 500 for regular = 900 overall), and it also lights up! Heck yeah, this thing is going to become one. I am so glad I preordered asap when it came available to preorder!

You PMed and called me a grail among men.....so you're one to talk! Thanks for the compliment, but I am heterosexual dammit!

Eli, denial is a natural thing and soon you will come to terms with who you really are inside. You man hungry beast you. :lol:lol

It's almost impossible to determine grails nowadays. The fact that Blade is almost an irrelevant character in the Marvel Universe offsets the awesome sculpt in terms of people seeking this piece out later.

On the other hand, Thor Vs Loki is an opposite argument to that which proves that there is no formula to figure out grails.

It's almost impossible to determine grails nowadays. The fact that Blade is almost an irrelevant character in the Marvel Universe offsets the awesome sculpt in terms of people seeking this piece out later.

On the other hand, Thor Vs Loki is an opposite argument to that which proves that there is no formula to figure out grails.

Blade right now is just as big of a character as Doom is to the general public... and Dracula is bigger than the majority of comic characters out there. Granted, this is the Gore Group's interpretation of Drac, but he's still a big bad that is a vampire that garners the name. Not every Dracula looks like Bella Lugosi.

You wish I was! That would end up becoming your favorite day ever, but it won't happen!

Did you preorder this Rory?

I had one on order but just cancelled it. While great looking I just don't think it will fit in with my collection theme. My current theme is pure awesomeness. :horror:D

I had one on order but just cancelled it. While great looking I just don't think it will fit in with my collection theme. My current theme is pure awesomeness. :horror:D

Obviously since you won't own this piece, you'll never reach a certain high of awesomeness. And stop stealing Bannister's bit! It's annoying enough when he does it. ;)

btw I just got the Spike Ex PF AP from him. Can't wait!

Blade right now is just as big of a character as Doom is to the general public... and Dracula is bigger than the majority of comic characters out there. Granted, this is the Gore Group's interpretation of Drac, but he's still a big bad that is a vampire that garners the name. Not every Dracula looks like Bella Lugosi.

That's the thing: I don't see the general public collecting these things like we do or hanging out here Thursday nights. Not at $350 a pop for Blade that doesn't look like Wesley Snipes but the Spike TV version instead.

What the general public thinks and what drives a comics fan to buy Sideshow stuff are 2 different things in my opinion.

That's the thing: I don't see the general public collecting these things like we do or hanging out here Thursday nights. Not at $350 a pop for Blade that doesn't look like Wesley Snipes but the Spike TV version instead.

What the general public thinks and what drives a comics fan to buy Sideshow stuff are 2 different things in my opinion.

You're crazy. :duh

Yes, I gathered that the general public could care less about this kind of stuff. In fact, most of them would be judgmental, and say, "Why are you guys buying statues and toys? What are you 10?" No good judgmental general public! I am just saying you don't need a big A-list of a character for it to be a grail. Either way, I don't really care if it is or not. It's one gorgeous piece of polystone and that's all that fricking matters. Nuff' said!

I agree it doesn't have to be a big character to be a grail. I got you there. If it's a good sculpt people will go for it. When I say people I say mostly fans of this stuff.

When you mention "general public" that's what threw me off. Are they really into Blade? Blade is barely relevant in comics so to mention the general public factoring in on this piece (especially since it's not based on Snipes) is crazy. The total ES of 900 may be more of a factor.

Peace. :peace

Hey Folks,

Quick question, I put my name on the waitlist for the Blade vs. Dracula Ex about 10 days ago. I was under the impression from the last few newsletters that there were some available or there had been some cancellations (they seemed to be pushing the waitlist quite hard in the last few emails).

Anyway, do you think I have any chance of getting it or should I start looking about the secondary / flipper market?

Thanks guys

Hey Folks,

Quick question, I put my name on the waitlist for the Blade vs. Dracula Ex about 10 days ago. I was under the impression from the last few newsletters that there were some available or there had been some cancellations (they seemed to be pushing the waitlist quite hard in the last few emails).

Anyway, do you think I have any chance of getting it or should I start looking about the secondary / flipper market?

Thanks guys

That's the question. People's cards are going to be charged in the next few weeks, so conversions will start happening very soon, but you are getting in line a little late. I think you may have a chance though, because while it was received well initially, I think the price point has kept and will keep people away until more pics/opinions become available.

You can still get a non-ex on Ebay with the 20% off cashback for relatively cheap, but pesonally I would only want the exclusive version.

But I understand your dilemma. You don't need two, not at $250-$350 a pop, but you don't need 0 either.

I'm not going to keep my exclusive blade dio order if someone wants it for cost (item price +shipping cost to me+ shipping cost to you+ paypal fees) then you can have mine otherwise I am going to cancel it. Just pm me if you want it!!!!

Hey Folks,

Thanks guys

You'll get one. No worries.

I can live without this for the rest of my life :) Too many better products from Sideshow....just too many :)

I agree it doesn't have to be a big character to be a grail. I got you there. If it's a good sculpt people will go for it. When I say people I say mostly fans of this stuff.

When you mention "general public" that's what threw me off. Are they really into Blade? Blade is barely relevant in comics so to mention the general public factoring in on this piece (especially since it's not based on Snipes) is crazy. The total ES of 900 may be more of a factor.

Peace. :peace

I was referring to the movies.. either way... it's gorgeous so I am going back outside again for another run. I was supposed to go camping with some buddies of mine, but blew them off because my legs got chewed up pretty badly, so right now if they get wet... AHHH!!! I had a major wipe out. May go and meet them tomorrow. Why did I explain all of that? I have no idea.

Back