Sideshow Avatar build.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now I hit it with black wash although I did not want to. I did it so now tomorrow I can lighten it back up with the light gray and fill in the white spots. Again the photos make it look bad compared to the in person look. All the black is far lighter in person. My hope is it keeps the black in the cracks because the wash shaded the gray too dark because it soaked into the material too fast.

IMG_0116.jpgIMG_0117.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0119.jpg

Repainted grays and used green tint and black wash. The pix are pre dried and the colors seem over powering but the more I look around the more it seems you can't really discolor a rock too much. I wanted to just use prime gray and some dark grays and dirty up underneath but with the green I tried I like it and I plan to redpray and areas gray I don't like. I'm not done but I'm learning.

Never did anything like this before from the thing I'm building to the painting.

I'll be priming and painting the bottom either chrome or black. I'll be adding more green like I said it's not done.

IMG_0224.jpgIMG_0220.jpgIMG_0223.jpgIMG_0221.jpg

Sorry for the upside downs I thought they were right. Hate this apple crapple
IMG_0220.jpgIMG_0221.jpgIMG_0222.jpgIMG_0223.jpgIMG_0224.jpg

So I tried to be cute and do a base that matches the statue but I'm no too sure I didn't waste $20 lol I suppose I'll just do a black base and with all that empty space who knows maybe I'll make a small side rock or something.

With just 2 comments I'm not sure how I did with the base.

IMG_0266.jpgIMG_0267.jpgIMG_0268.jpgIMG_0269.jpgIMG_0270.jpgIMG_0271.JPGIMG_0272.jpgIMG_0273.jpgIMG_0274.jpg

Hit it with gray from a distance on certain areas in the light it up and I really think it's perfect now!

IMG_0275.jpgIMG_0276.jpg

Tested out the Hot Toys pieces since I can't find the SS ones and I think they are looking good as I predicted and hoped lol

IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0278.jpg

After $35 wasted I decided I don't really need a stand. It is heavy enough and flat enough to stand. I'll consider a rectangle in the same size and I'll felt it.

It's done for now till I get the HT pieces for the grenade belt and knife. I also need a tail if I can find one, one day.

Anyone who even bothered to follow the build I thank you for watching my first project like this.

IMG_0320.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0322.jpgIMG_0323.jpgIMG_0326.jpg

Back