Plans for wrapping up your MCU HT collecting? What's else do you want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll keep in mind that both of you are highly sensitive to a light and playful jab.

Such an easy out. Be rude and condescending to members, then call them out for being sensitive if they react.

There are plenty of light and playful jabs on this forum, your posts never come off that way. But hey, maybe I've just got the wrong impression of you based on what I see. If that's the case, I'm always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm already slowing.... GOTG2 is an exception. I'm hesitating on committing to getting any Ragnarok figures and leaning towards saying no; I plan to pass on almost everything from Infinity War because I'm already happy with previous versions of characters (unless they make somebody new, like Nebula, which would go with my GOTG figures); and only see myself probably getting Black Panther, Ant Man and Wasp from next year's film, and right now that's a wait and see how I feel type thing.

I'll probably be done collecting MCU Hot Toys when my favorite characters are either phased out or their costume changes don't warrant another figure. Like I don't see myself getting another Strange or Ant Man or Star Lord or Scarlet Witch because I'm satisfied with the versions I currently own. I'd love a Thor 1 Loki and Cap 1 Bucky but I've long ago given up hope for either to ever be released.

Right now I have the Ragnarok Gladiator Thor on PO and I'll be ordering Ragnarok Loki and Hela if and when those get released. I'll buy any Loki or Winter Soldier HT puts out for IW 1 or 2 (both are probably unlikely given the sheer number of more profitable characters in those movies i.e. 10+ new Iron Men lol) and maybe get one last Cap.

After that? Who knows. It'll depend on which characters make it out alive and continue to appear in the films.

Great thread.. I've been thinking about wrapping up my hot toys collecting lately and going the 1/4 statue route. I'm picking up LS groot, Starlord and Spider-Man. I think that's about it for me unless the infinity war figures come out great.

My MCU collection completely blew out over 12 months or so from what was going to be very small. I still get the money spurge impulse every now and then when they announce or tease new lineups, like Guardians 2, Thor Rag... but I think I'm now in a mind place of keeping it to a select few for the remainder of the MCU run.

I'll keep buying Thor and Loki, and as I have all three Scarlet Witches it seems right to keep collecting her, but aside from that it will be just a few characters or actors I like the look of, like Dr. Strange.

I resisted spending money on Spiderman, have kept away from Guardians 2 aside from Star-Lord because he's one character I regret missing last time. I can't see me buying anything from Black Panther. As tempting as the die-cast original 7 Iron Man lineup is, I've dodged V and II and just stuck with III and VI.. Gotta admit, VII would be hard to turn down though if redone properly.

I started collecting these with the intention of just having CW Cap and Iron Man to rep the whole MCU... and now I have those two plus War Machine, Hawkeye, and Hulk, with Thor and Hulkbuster on the way. So I'm evidently a poor judge of what future-me will actually want. However there are a limited number of remaining Avengers with designs I like enough to have in 1/6th. Spider-Man, Panther, and Vision are all strong maybes. And I actually like cosmic-wifebeater Thanos, as long as he comes with the gauntlet, and I'm increasingly liking the look of some of the diecast HOA. Aside from those, I could see myself moving onto other formats or properties after Phase 3.

Great thread.. I've been thinking about wrapping up my hot toys collecting lately and going the 1/4 statue route. I'm picking up LS groot, Starlord and Spider-Man. I think that's about it for me unless the infinity war figures come out great.

I'm actually in the same boat as you. I'm pretty much done with 1/6 scale altogether as I have collected all the characters I've enjoyed over the years, 68 figures finishing off with the Ghostbusters 4 pac. I've collected some really good 1/4 statues, currently I have DC Superman Ex, The Amazing Spiderman, and Lobo, all fantastic pieces. On preorder I have Thanos on Throne, the new Red Sonja, Batwoman, and I want Aspen. I'm getting just a single 1/3 piece and that's the Prime 1 Arkham Knight Catwoman Ex. After all this, I will have no room for anything else and I'm fine with that. Have to move on to another hobby

I'd love a Thor 1 Loki and Cap 1 Bucky but I've long ago given up hope for either to ever be released.

YES! to both of these. :hi5: I know to never hope for it, though. :(

I never did get a TFA Cap since I didn't have a Bucky (or Peggy) to pose with him. And Thor 1 Loki is the ultimate Marvel grail figure for me. I may get Ragnarok Loki, but I think he'll be the only Ragnarok figure I get if I do. I love Loki. But nothing would make me happier than Thor 1 Loki.

The thing with the MCU line is that HT has done so many versions of so many characters, and they've landed on at least one (many times two) that are pretty much as close to perfect as you can get in my eyes. So I can't justify buying a Cap each movie, a Black Widow each movie, etc....

Last edited:
Wasn't planned and haven't been collecting that long so it's hard thinking about wrapping up - but guess I'd like a First Avenger Bucky to go w. an ongoing bash of a rescue Cap. Which I guess means a bash or custom.

Getting stuff I missed that now I want, like Fury. Thought I was done w. TWS but decided I really needed Fury after all.

Loosely I'll probably be ratcheting down after IW #2 unless there's Cap-Bucky or Cap-Falcon and BW e.g. my very fav characters continuing in the MCU. I want the complete arcs of my fav trio Bucky/Cap/Falcon, and there will be others depending on how I feel about the characters or costumes in the films. Probably more SW for me for sure, and BW? IW may get me to buy my first baddies (Thanos children)

But yeah, taking a wait and see attitude toward Marvel's next phases. Tho since it turned out I like dio backgrounds and stands and accessories there's enough re the hobby to keep me busy (and poor) for years.:cool:

I need a hulk, black panther, and spiderman. I think I pretty much have everyone else I want.

Not thinking about completely wrapping up the HT Marvel collection just yet...but I am finding myself slowing down somewhat with the line. Quite happy with the collection I have amassed and I am trying hard not to keep re-buying new versions of characters that I already have. :)

Based on the films that have already been released and the upcoming known releases, I'd like to get figures of Wasp, Hela, Mordo and possibly Captain Marvel (depending on the film). My only other Marvel want, (and it's a major, major, zero chance of ever happening longshot want at that!) would be Agent Carter.

As for the next phase of Marvel films, I am just going to wait and see...

Wasp, Carol Danvers... Any other female characters that HTs sees fit to make, Hela and Valkyrie if they actually happen, GotG2 Gamora... Basically my MCU figure collection has inadvertently become a bit of a sausage fest.

I only collect one of each character. I thought Ragnarok Hulk would test me... but thankfully the white war paint saved me from breaking my rule.

*I MIGHT replace my CW Ant-Man with the AMaTW.
*I DEFINITELY will be picking up Captain Marvel. I'm so hyped for that character and the movie.
*SAME for Black Panther.
*I DO want a Spider-Man... but not sure whether to get HC or IW.
*I DON'T really care for the TV stuff. They look amazing and I love the shows... but i'm weird on the fact they aren't movies.
*Characters LIKE War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Falcon... while I do like them... aren't really essential to my collection.

Going forward... Doctor Strange kickstarted my love for these figures. I was beginning to lose interest.
The price is always gonna be an issue... especially with the conversion rate. Between the time I pre-ordered DS and the time he
arrived... the figure jumped up $20.

But there's still LOTS of characters I'd consider getting if Marvel made a movie of them; Hercules, Namor, Moon Knight, Blade, F4(please come home)...
So, I'm still hanging around till AT LEAST 2020. :)

But there's still LOTS of characters I'd consider getting if Marvel made a movie of them; Hercules, Namor, Moon Knight, Blade, F4(please come home)...

Amen to wanting FF to come home. I not only want to see the FF in a good movie, but want them in the MCU; with the expansion into space and 'other realms' phase 4 would be great for F4. Of course Namor would also be great in the MCU too, one of the oldest Marvel/Timely comics characters they have and if they bring back the FF introducing these characters together would be perfect.

Blade could be fun to bring back, I like the idea of bringing back Snipes and introducing his daughter as the new Blade to pass the torch too. It's an idea that that they floated for the comics which has stalled and hasn't come out (yet?).

Hercules is a fun character in the comics but I wonder how they could make a distinction between him and Thor. There is more opportunity for humor with Hercules though (we will see how the humor plays in Ragnarok with Thor, but Hercules could take it to another level). I don't see an MCU version anytime soon, but who knows what happens down the road. I'd also love to see She-Hulk in the MCU, but again when it comes to future characters and figures, besides the FF, I pretty much have what I want already.

So I can see an occasional new character inciting me to get a new figure (FF would be a no brainier), but overall with already having 2 Caps, Thor, Iron Man (3 versions with 1 more on pre-order), Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye, Vision, Witch, War Machine (2 versions, plan to sell my Mk2), Falcon, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Strange, Wolverine (I know, not MCU) Spiderman (Rami version but Homecoming is pre-ordered too), and plans to get Black Panther and maybe Ant Man and Wasp down the road, I feel like my collection of Marvel figures is almost done. I'm pretty close to having all I really want.

I've got a pretty small MCU collection (Cap, Iron Man, Bucky, Maria Hill, Ultron, and Rocket/Groot) that may be shrinking even further. As for new figures, I'm just about done collecting the MCU. The new movies all look cool and are entertaining watches, but I'm not connecting with them in the same way as I did with the Phase 1 (and some Phase 2) movies. If I'm not in love with a movie or any its characters, I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a figure from that movie.

I'll buy Nebula if HT ever releases her, and I'm hopeful that Captain Marvel (the movie and figure) will be amazing. On the wishful thinking front, I'd love Peggy Carter and Loki from the first Thor. And that's about it. Unless the FF somehow make it into the MCU (I'm loving all the FF love in this thread), in which case I'm probably getting the whole blasted team.

Back