White supremacist executed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The burden of sentencing isn't on the christian, it's on the law. The christian would forgive, but that doesn't mean they would fight to save the murderer's life. They would fight to save the soul of the murderer before they are put to death. It's the only thing they would have a calling to do in the situation.

Where do you find a church for medieval Catholicism nowadays? :dunno

Romans 13:1-5 - God ordained governing authorities. To resist them is to resist God's ordinance. Those who disobey may be punished by the authorities, but they also have harmed their conscience toward God.

1 Peter 2:13,14 - Submit to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake

Well that's a nice hypothetical to throw in the mix. Unfortunately it has little to do with anything based on reality. You have a cynics view on what it is to forgive.

Much of justice is sometimes confused or muddled in with revenge or retaliation especially when it comes to the death penatly. My view on this topic is not a cynics view, but rather a realistic view. I digress, but when 9/11 happened, we wanted "justice" (or revenge), so we killed a dictator in Iraq(even though that dictator had nothing to do with 9/11), and also Bin Laden to make up for the thousands that were killed in the twin towers. Same thing here. This white supremacist got what he deserved. The family of the victom got their "Justice" or revenge. There is a fine line sometimes between the two.

Whether anything is based on reality is a matter of subjective opinion buddy. You have yours, I have mine. Much of justice is revenge when it comes to the death penalty IMHO. If you have true forgiveness, then you would not wish death on another person to make up for a death of your loved one-no matter the pain,no matter the grief, no matter the anger, no matter if that person is your worst enemy. That's why most people don't forgive. It's too dam hard. Unforunately this fact is very much a part of everyday reality.

But hey, it's just my opinion against yours. Nothing is law around here which makes these forums/threads great venues for good discussion and conversation. :peace :wink1:

Last edited:
Can you tell me how the judicial system, which sanctions and performs the executions, does so out of revenge or retaliation? Has this been documented?

Can you tell me how the judicial system, which sanctions and performs the executions, does so out of revenge or retaliation? Has this been documented?

nope, hasn't been documented nor does it need to be. It's just human nature sometimes. :wink1:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think all justice is based on revenge, but maybe some of it is when it comes to taking another person's life.

Oh well how easy. On any social issue you can merely state your opinion, appendix it with a smiley, with no need to justify it for the sake of discussion.

Your telling me, the guy injecting the prisoner with whatever chemical, does so out of revenge or with a sense of retaliation? I am also not sure why you equate retribution with revenge (thus retribution is non-christian in your view). That seems strange to me.

Oh well how easy. On any social issue you can merely state your opinion, appendix it with a smiley, with no need to justify it for the sake of discussion.

Your telling me, the guy injecting the prisoner with whatever chemical, does so out of revenge or with a sense of retaliation? I am also not sure why you equate retribution with revenge (thus retribution is non-christian in your view). That seems strange to me.

nope, he's just the messenger :wink1:

nope, he's just the messenger :wink1:

Care to touch on this?

I'm all ears.

Ah, religion has now been added into the mix... this may not last much longer :lol

Care to touch on this?

I'm all ears.

pixletwin, I think you're over analizing this. If you really want to get techinical on the real definition of retribution vs revenge then go get a dictionary, so that we don't derail this thread. They are synonyms. If you still don't believe me then get a thesaurus.

As for the messenger, he's just carrying out his orders. Just as a butcher kills an animal. the butcher doesn't kill out of justice or revenge, he is merely fullfilling the demands of the people that are hungry for the meat of the animal. Just as the executioner is merely fillfulling the demands of the justice system. In other words, executioner is simply the messenger.

:lol

Or you can evade the question. You're in a discussion thread. You should be prepared to discuss rather than give cute pat answers.

Here. Just for you. The definition of retribution (pay particular attention to definition #3, as that is the pertinent one):

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retribution

It is nowhere near synonymous with "revenge". Also per your "OT" comment, this is very on topic actually.

Nothing personal. I very much like a debate. If you don't want to play, just say so. :wave

Lanuage is a subtle thing and requires context. With regards to the law, retribution is merely paying the consequences for an act. It has nothing to do with revenge. In fact I would say to attach any sort of emotion to it is flat out wrong.

Ah, religion has now been added into the mix... this may not last much longer :lol

I'm not derailing it, It was pixilwin- he claimed that I was non-christian because, in his eyes, i used a non-christian word. I didn't know retribution was "non-christian". :nana:

I'm not derailing it, It was pixilwin- he claimed that I was non-christian because, in his eyes, i used a non-christian word. I didn't know retribution was "non-christian". :nana:

g-boy wasn't saying it was derailed. He is referring to the history of this board where once religion (or politics) enters the discussion people's heads tend to explode. :lol

:lol

Or you can evade the question. You're in a discussion thread. You should be prepared to discuss rather than give cute pat answers.

Here. Just for you. The definition of retribution (pay particular attention to definition #3, as that is the pertinent one):

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retribution

It is nowhere near synonymous with "revenge".

Nothing personal. I very much like a debate. If you don't want to play, just say so. :wave

Lanuage is a subtle thing and requires context. With regards to the law, retribution is merely paying the consequences for an act. It has nothing to do with revenge. In fact I would say to attach any sort of emotion to it is flat out wrong.

BTW, if you scroll down to the "Related to Retribution" part of the webster link you listed above, it will list Revenge as a synonym.

or maybe this webpage is wrong then:

https://thesaurus.com/browse/revenge

You will see retribution as one of the many sysnonyms to revenge.

Do you kind of get my point or what I'm saying about Revenge vs Justice vs forgiving? I don't want to get into a religious battle of how my use of the word retribution relates to it being non-christian vs christian. That was never my intent. Infact I had no clue that retribution was a non-christian term.

And I think you are taking it personal, because everytime I try to use analogies to explain my point, you still claim that I'm evading your questions -and getting off topic with our original arguments by making me define two words that mean almost the same thing. But it's all good. You can still acuse me of evading your questions when in all honesty, i've tried using analogies and examples to answer them the best way I can.

Can't we all just get along?! I'll still be your best friend. :1-1: No hard feelings.

Last edited:
so how do you guys feel about abortions and the growing number of teenage christian democrats that are having them?

Nope not personal at all. Just being interested is all. I think sometimes words and meanings are contextual beasts and sometimes opening a thesaurus, though easy, is not always an accurate rebuttal. Anyhoo, I just like to play rough sometimes when it comes to debate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back