White supremacist executed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, I'll need to check out that documentary. In a perfect system I could understand capital punishment more, but we are clearly very far from that.

And now with DNA evidence - they have found the actual murderer....doesn't help this poor guy though. :(

If there was an objective standard for conviction, and courts were to abide by it strictly, capital punishment would work. I don't trust the objectivity of this legal system as it is to support any capital conviction, other than on a case-by-case basis.

This man was guilty, and he deserved to die. If Troy Davis was guilty, I'm pretty sure nobody knows it. The cop's family couldn't come up with anything better than 'now his family knows how it feels' and 'now we can start the healing process', as if that was a fair substitute for proof. Disgusting.

Ah who cares right? As long as someone else suffered as well, regardless if they are innocent, then justice must have been served.....right....right....is this thing on?

Anyway, aren't executioner's just 3 people pushing one of 3 buttons with no way to know which button actually killed the person? I could be totally wrong on that, but seem to recall some kind of system designed to alleviate the guilt/responsibility of knowing you ended a life.

Anyway, aren't executioner's just 3 people pushing one of 3 buttons with no way to know which button actually killed the person? I could be totally wrong on that, but seem to recall some kind of system designed to alleviate the guilt/responsibility of knowing you ended a life.

I read that as well because the people doing it volunteer and they were having a hard time getting people to volunteer.

I don't remember, but I thought each of the 3 drugs had a specific purpose? Either way, sounds too expensive, we need to cut back on the budget and be off with their heads :lecture

I'm torn when it comes to the death penalty, unless there is absolute proof that the person committed the crime/s. Which hasn't always been the case in the past and the thought that innocent people have most likely been executed does bother me.

This is how I feel.:lecture As long as its 110% sure then I have no problems thing is we're finding out that more innocent people have been killed than should ever happen.

I don't understand why they would have given him that much food in the first place.

I don't have a problem with the prison giving the prisoner a menu (from what can be prepared at the prison) and letting him choose one dinner selection and perhaps a dessert. But it should not be anything excessive.

But it appears a lot of states have done away with the whole last meal anyway and the prisoner eats whatever everyone else is eating.

l think the Death penalty should be used way more. if there is 100% evidence the person is guilty of murder or found guilty of first degree murder (planning out a murder) they should be executed. People need to know if they decide to plan and kill someone and if caught and found guilty they Will be killed as well. That's the way it should be in my opinion. You take a life and if found guilty your life should be taken as well.

I think DNA evidence is more reliable than tape.

An update on the initial story, this guy not only committed a heinous hate crime; now he is responsible for every other death row dude about to die not getting a choice of final meal:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/no-more-food-to-die-for-in-texas-prisons-20110923-1kog0.html

Meh, it's supposed to be a punishment for an atrocious crime. If there were any real justice, the prison would let the victims family/loved ones get their choice of a meal and dine in style while watching these ____ing pukes die a deserved death.

l think the Death penalty should be used way more. if there is 100% evidence the person is guilty of murder or found guilty of first degree murder (planning out a murder) they should be executed. People need to know if they decide to plan and kill someone and if caught and found guilty they Will be killed as well. That's the way it should be in my opinion. You take a life and if found guilty your life should be taken as well.

And not wait 20 years to do it. In some of these 100% obvious cases it should be take them out back after the trial and put a bullet in their head.

And not wait 20 years to do it. In some of these 100% obvious cases it should be take them out back after the trial and put a bullet in their head.

I agree. Once the State or Government says your life aint worth ____ and you deserve to die they turn around and waste hundreds of thousands of tax payers money to keep them alive for years and years. After the guilty verdict they should be given 24 hours then lights out.

Trouble is, when a person is caught dead to rights, he just admits to it if they give him a deal for life. That's why most of the people executed aren't ones that admit they did it.

Also, though I'm not saying this is what happened in the Davis case, but just because a person says they're innocent till the end and get a lot of publicity doesn't automatically mean then didn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back