Which Terminator film is the crappiest?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Terminator 3 : Rise of the Machines

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Terminator Salvation

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Terminator Genisys

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Terminator Dark Fate

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
3 is goofy for sure but the lady Terminator did a pretty cool job and the film has some of the best action scenes in the entire series. The last two have absolutely nothing to offer IMO.

T3 has most of the same issues Genesys and DF have though. All 3 are rehashes of the same story and villain. All 3 negate the ending of T2 (well Genesys less so since it happens in an alternate timeline). 2 of them have horrible humor (although "RELAX" was funny :D). 2 of them had main characters that had very poor chemistry together. One of them had a goofy a-bomb powercell (such a horrible weakness to a Terminator to introduce).

This is a really tough question and I can?t decide which I hate most haha!

I?m glad salvation is the least disliked because it tried something different with the franchise and retained some of the horror elements (Young Kyle Reese was good casting too). But it swung and missed with a lot of the ideas (why does the future war look so different argh!) but the two part graphic novel finished off the story nicely and closes the loop quite well (I wish this had been T5 and T6).

T3 was the first one I saw in the cinema and I was seriously hyped going in because I loved The Terminator and T2 so much. Disappointment set in quite quickly when it failed to show any of kills (lacked any fear or tension), John Connor was horribly miscast (and recast) and Sarah Connor had died off screen. I liked the action, Arnie was cool and the ending was good.

Genysis sucked so hard that it actually hurt and immediately terminated the franchise for me (freeing me up ironically to just enjoy the first two in their own isolated canon). Jai Courtney... why, what the hell were they thinking (?) possibly the worst casting of all time. There was no way that I could believe that Jai?s meat-head well-fed jock-like Reese ever came from the same future war we had seen before let alone that he was supposed to be the same haunted dangerous man that Biehn played! The plot was awful. Terminator John Connor, give me a break. Redoing The Terminator poorly and the cheapening it in the process, yeh no thanks. Man I like Daenerys but she is no Sarah Connor, stick to the Rom Coms. Building time machines in a sewer or something and Pops just waiting for years sigh. Did I mention Jai Courtney?

Then there is Dark Fate which I admit initially piqued my interest with Linda returning and Cameron as a producer but the the leaks combined with my apathy for the franchise at this point kept me from seeing it (I still haven?t). Killing John Connor just smacks of Alien 3 (a film I loathe as a continuation of aliens but enjoy as a stand-alone to an extent) so I?d just rather not see that play out to characters I?ve known for such a long period of my life. Also the repeating The Terminator and T2 plot beats again but with women replacing all the male roles (except the bad guy lol) is just lazy writing and unappealing. The action scenes looked weightless and CGI heavy in the trailer. And jettisoning 3 bad sequels just to retcon the series for a different kind of bad movie seems pointless.

So yeh a difficult question to answer BUT I think Genysis is the worst out of the ones I?ve seen but T3 the most disappointing. Good poll.

.... but which is the crapiest you say [all of the above]

Man I cant believe Part 3 is even in the running when compared to the last two.

3 is goofy for sure but the lady Terminator did a pretty cool job and the film has some of the best action scenes in the entire series. The last two have absolutely nothing to offer IMO.

Here here!

The crane chase is incredible, and the final battle with all the Terminator tech at the lab is excellent also.....

T3 is seriously underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted for Terminator 3. It was an astronomical drop in quality from T2 and memed the franchise. I remember being heartbroken watching it, at least I expected Salvation, Genisys, and Dark Fate to be disappointing. :lol :monkey2

Dark Fate was trash.

I can honestly say that for me, the first half of Terminator: Genisys was fun. The alternative 1984 was a cool idea. But the second-half was trash.

T3 was meh. The moment the joke 'talk to da hand' happened, I died inside. The ending was cool

Salvation was probably my favorite of 'sequels' though its execution (and story) needed work. Should have made the human resistance more desperate.

Last edited:
Terminator ALL!.jpg

They are all equally worthless to me. T3 is probably the dumbest of the four, but having watched it more than the rest of them I almost wish they had included the Sergeant Candy scene and turned it up a notch and it would work as a full parody of 1 and 2.

Yeah, I wish they would’ve included the Sergeant Candy scene too.

Last edited:
Forgot I still hadn't voted, just said it **** it and voted T3. Sorry Clown

It had the least 'new' to offer of all these films.

John Connor - ''We stopped Judgment Day''
T-850 - ''No you didn't. Judgment Day is inevitable.''
John - ''Oh''

And that was it. Tonally it was ****ed with a mish-mash of doom & gloom and terrible humour and it just repeated T2's scenario minus the emotive hook. The Sergeant Candy scene could have been left in and it wouldn't have been any worse really. Merely an extension of the Elton John sunglasses parodying of the Terminator.

Salvation at least went somewhat into the future and changed from the usual chase format. Genisys rebooted 1984 (ill-advised though that was) and had the time displacement machine allowing the characters to jump to the present day - not saying it was good - just that it was kinda new. And Dark Fate had the idea of Carl, a Terminator that successfully carried out its machine and then infiltrated into human society - giving a scenario of what might happen there - again, questionable though the results of that were.

Last edited:
Dark fate. It was like a perfect storm of garbage. It takes real effort to make a movie that bad.

3, S, and G were all pretty mediocre but they at least had some good action scenes that made thrm somewhat enjoyable for portions of their runtimes.

Prior to T3 Cameron said that he thought that Arnold's accent worked because it made it seem like Skynet hadn't quite perfected the sound of human speech. So if they had included the Sgt. Candy scene where they imply that they were going to deliberately dub him as sounding Austrian then technically that would have been a retcon of Cameron's original intentions (though I suppose it would have been inconsequential among the tidal wave of other stupid things in T3.)

Back