Which Superman Movie is actually Super?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Which Superman Movie is your Superman movie?

Never was into the original. I hated the corniness. Also wasn't a big fan of the bumbling Clark. So MoS is my Superman.

WTF is up with everyone saying STM is "dated"? I'm 22 years old, and it's still the greatest superhero movie I've ever seen. I just rewatched the director's cut on blu-ray on a good sized screen and it still holds up, from most of the effects to the humor. There are one or two sillier power moments that don't make sense, and I get people's problems with the ending, but if STM is cheesy and dated, so is Star Wars, Alien and every other 70's and 80's scifi/fantasy film.

Well the sillier power moments and the comedy villains are what I would be referring to primarily when I say it is dated.

Just got back from watching "Man Of Steel" and I have to agree with the majority. My expectations for this film were through the roof when I heard Christopher Nolan was on board. And then slowly the reviews came in, so I tried to keep an open mind because I so wanted to see a good Superman film. It's not a bad film by any means, but it definitely isn't the best.

Superman the movie has it's flaws too...
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think my biggest contention with MOS is it's pacing.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Never was into the original. I hated the corniness. Also wasn't a big fan of the bumbling Clark. So MoS is my Superman.

I don't see how it's ANY cornier than any of the Marvel films. People always rag on Lex, but his exchanges with Otis and Eve aside, he's a pretty charmingly sinister villain. His plan almost makes sense compared to some other comic movie villains. He's got one foot in the image of the classic Super Friends Lex and foreshadows the ruthless and clever business man of the modem comics.

Hackman Luthor is great, in the first one anyway.

He's got that whole superiority complex thing going on and he's clearly brilliant. People seem to look past all of his great lines too.

And Miss. Teschmacher was hot.

I still really enjoy the 1978 version. It's a favorite of mine but I have to give the slight edge to this one. Reeves as Superman and Cavill are even though for me.

MISS TEASHMACHER!!!!11111 I screamed that around the house for a good month. :lol

MISS TEASHMACHER!!!!11111 I screamed that around the house for a good month. :lol
:lol

I'm a fan of the first two Reeve films - & SR. :)

SR was a weak movie in a lot of ways, but I loved Routh, & Parker Posey was awesome as always.

I've said this many times now - SHE should've been Lois in that film. :exactly:

WTF is up with everyone saying STM is "dated"? I'm 22 years old, and it's still the greatest superhero movie I've ever seen. I just rewatched the director's cut on blu-ray on a good sized screen and it still holds up, from most of the effects to the humor. There are one or two sillier power moments that don't make sense, and I get people's problems with the ending, but if STM is cheesy and dated, so is Star Wars, Alien and every other 70's and 80's scifi/fantasy film.

I'm with you. I have the Anthology blu ray and the 1978 movie holds up really well.

I truly love both films, but I must admit I prefer Man of Steel.

I guess I possess little nostalgia for a guy pushing 40. lol

Can't choose! Love them both for very different reasons.

Miss Teschmacher: [after learning that there is a missile heading toward Hackensack] Lex, my mother lives in Hackensack.
[Luthor checks his watch and shakes his head]

Still laugh my *** off at that! :lol

*Jedi mindtrick* You will tell them to use the Williams theme on Man of Steel 2, it can work.

No joke, that was actually on the table at one point before Nolan and others convinced Zack to use Zimmer.

I'm pretty sure that particular battle is long lost. :(

You think with Nolan and Co. loving the original Donner flick and being inspired by them as youngsters, they'd feel it would be natural to incorporate atleast the theme into what they were trying to create.

Bummer.

And Zimmer didn't even want to do it at first. Nolan had to convince him, too.

Nolan shouldn't have had a say on that IMO - unless he was willing to concede Superman's existance in his Batman universe and tie them together. Then perhaps I can see a valid reason for not using the Williams theme. But we now know that that was never an option, Nolan wants his Batman to exist on its own.

I really hope they reconsider for Man of Steel 2. The Williams theme = Superman. It does not equal Donner. When they reboot Bond they don't throw away the Bond theme. Eric Serra tried to phase it out on GoldenEye before they wisely copped on and got John Barry back to write it in for the tank chase.

I rated MOS 6/10 I think. I can almost guarantee I would have gone an 8 if the Williams music had been there.

Last edited:
Re: Which Superman Movie is your favorite Superman movie?

The Fleischer Superman cartoons are still the best.

Back