Which Superman Movie is actually Super?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Which Superman Movie is your Superman movie?

It is just that good.

:exactly: Why try something new when you've already got perfection. You're only sabotaging yourself.

I don't think the world portrayed in MOS was any more ''realistic'' than what was in Superman Returns that it required a more 'gritty' soundtrack. The treatment of Lex Luthor and his entourage possibly being the only exception.

Re: Which Superman Movie is your favorite Superman movie?

The high altitude airplane rescue in Returns is more "Superman" and emotionally affecting than any one sequence in Man Of Steel. IMO.
When the Williams theme hits in it's magic.

Kate Bosworth's forehead is bigger than anything in Man of Steel.

True, hated her as Lane and her stupid wig. Really like Adams as Lois. Pity she didn't get some decent stuff to do though.

The high altitude airplane rescue in Returns is more "Superman" and emotionally affecting than any one sequence in Man Of Steel. IMO.

More lines like this were needed as well.

"Well, I hope this doesn't put anyone off from flying, statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel."

I like them all to some extent (for the most part). I really liked MoS but I think my all time favorite is Superman the Movie. Reeve and the Williams' score are just amazing. Superman 2 is up at the top also. Love Stamp as Zod.

I also watched Superman Returns last night and while I may be in the minority I like that movie as well. I think it is slow in some parts and doesn't have enough Superman and has too much Lois but there are some scenes I really like.

The Fleischer cartoons are on Netflix and are very entertaining. Watched them with my kids the othet night.

Last edited:

More lines like this were needed as well.

"Well, I hope this doesn't put anyone off from flying, statistically speaking, it's still the safest way to travel."

:lecture to all.

Man of Steel was not as good as I hoped it would be. Not by a long shot.

It's still a thousand times better than '78.

I have a nostalgic attachment to it on account of my dad having been a fan. However, I'm not the type to let nostalgia cloud my judgment.

I just watched MoS and I believe the Reeve films (1 and 2) just had more heart. I enjoyed Mos, don't get me wrong.

I'll just say this, if a 35 year old movie that heavily relies on special effects and it's main character is a cultural figure that constantly evolves to survive and appeal can still can still captivate to this day, regardless of how many people it captivates, you know it's that damned good.

I wish Man of Steel all the best, but the ultimate verdict on how good it is will be delivered when the dust has settled, say 35 years from now.

I don't recall any christ symbolism outside of the sending our last son to earth to help them thing which is essential to the Superman character.

There is the one scene on Zod's ship in which Jor El tells Superman... "You can Save her.. You can Save them All"

Superman then strikes then not to subtle "Jesus Christ Pose" as he leaves the ship. Actually made me laugh because of how blatant it was.

The original Superman '78. No contest.

The only thing that MOS trumps it with is it's effects and action sequences. Everything else about the original is better, I think.

I just watched MoS and I believe the Reeve films (1 and 2) just had more heart. I enjoyed Mos, don't get me wrong.

Pretty much. I just hope the next one they focus more on Supes as a character, and interested to see how it goes with Clark.

Man of steel was packed full of action and special effects - making it an awesome entertaining movie

but '78 Supes - no contest not for me

'78 is still the best imo.

As cool as it is to watch Superman punch people to the moon and back, I don't think anything will ever top Christopher Reeve catching Lois and then that helicopter and flying them back to the top of the Daily Planet with that John Williams theme blasting triumphantly.

Agreed, one of the best scenes ever.

I liked Man of Steel but it doesn't come close to '78 or even Superman II IMO. '78 is m favorite too with II being a close second. They have more heart for sure and you cannot beat William's scores.

I really like the scene in II where Lois figures out he is Superman when he "trips" in the fire. Reeve is great in that whole scene. Really cool to see him go from pretending to be weak and unsure to Superman...while still looking like Clark...changes his posture, the way he stands, his voice. So awesome!

Back