Which Superman Movie is actually Super?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Which Superman Movie is your favorite Superman movie?

Well in fairness they did the Jesus falling to earth perfectly in Superman Returns, and it made sense in context of the narrative. It has been "homaged" in quite a few movies since. In MOS they pigeon holed it in, in the most crude manner. He just did a zoolander and strike a pose after talking to daddy Jor.

And in regards to this poll, MOS will win eventually as a lot of our members probably haven't even seen the originals. :lol

And in regards to this poll, MOS will win eventually as a lot of our members probably haven't even seen the originals. :lol

I don't believe that to be true, the winning part. STM is beloved among many, while this young modern generation may think any thing brainless and devoid of heart is an "epic masterpiece", i just don't see MOS winning eventually. But we will see.

I don't believe that to be true, the winning part. STM is beloved among many, while this young modern generation may think any thing brainless and devoid of heart is an "epic masterpiece", i just don't see MOS winning eventually. But we will see.
Good post...but...
I think because of a very specific cross section that we have on these boards it may. I have given up posting in the Marvel section for the same reason. :lol

Superman: The Movie. No contest.

Last edited:

Not voting. Even though I enjoyed MOS quite a bit, it would feel to wrong to put it above Superman: The Movie.

That said, even after all these years, the time travel thing really sticks in my craw to this day, so I can't really vote for Superman: The Movie either.

Brainless and devoid of heart? Speak for yourself.

[IMO]MOS 21st century Superman > 20th century Superman. Out with the old and in with the new.

Reeve was the best thing about those movies, but they are dated, and very overrated. Sentimentality, and nostalgia clouds many a vision of how wonderful they are.

Oh yeah, no ADD generation here. I grew up with '78 Supes, but always felt there was something missing in those movies. MOS filled those voids for me, and is my vision of how Superman should be.[/IMO]

Good post...but...
I think because of a very specific cross section that we have on these boards it may. I have given up posting in the Marvel section for the same reason. :lol

What can ya do?:dunno:dunno

I don't know, 70's is a good old fashioned archetypical Superman and MoS is a completely humanized realistic Superman, they're both great.

But MoS was more ambitious and it paid off IMO, so I'm going with that.

That kills alotta people. Cuz it's cool to pretend yet not give a damn.

Yeah screw the "badass" Clark Kent approach. There was way too much action in Man of Steel for me. I hope they go back to the saving cats from trees "gee willikers" Superman.

Sorry but its man of steel for me. Hate all you want but I wasn't a huge superman fan to begin with so what sold me on the movie was all of the fights and flying. I know how that sounds but hey. Lol.

Back