Which Superman Movie is actually Super?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Which Superman Movie is your Superman movie?

It's not. I've explained it before. It's just not the movie it should've been. If you watch it on it's own, without the notion it's a superhero summer blockbuster, it does kinda work. But it rely's too much on Christ symbolism.

It's not. I've explained it before. It's just not the movie it should've been. If you watch it on it's own, without the notion it's a superhero summer blockbuster, it does kinda work. But it rely's too much on Christ symbolism.

I never understood this view point. Superman is a Christ like figure. And even if there is symbolism in the film, why is that a bad thing? It's not like they are making fun of Christ or jokingly mocking him.:dunno

It's fine. But beating you over the head doesn't work to drive your point home. :lol

I don't recall any christ symbolism outside of the sending our last son to earth to help them thing which is essential to the Superman character.

There's the whole end scene. It's been years since i've seen it...but I remember the ending being a shorter version of the death of Jesus, and his rebirth. Or whatever.

I really like both films, for very different reasons.

This is one poll I can't participate in. The two films are both different and somehow similar enough for me to decline selecting one over the other.

Just out of curiosity, does it offend you that he's "God-Like?''

It doesn't offend me at all. It just gets annoying when you have to hammer it in over and over.

You don't need to do that. We get it. We're not dummies.

IMO MOS does it for me over any superman movie out right now. Not a big fan of the early stuff with Reeves.

early stuff with Reeves.

george-reeves.jpg

:dunno

Seems like everyone does the Reeves thing. It always gets the same response too.

It was really prominent during the time the Hot Toys figure was first released.

Reeve for me all the way. He flew better than Cavill zipping around like a rocket everywhere. Reeve made Superman fun. I didn't get that from Man of Steel. Then again, Superman always seemed to be a reflection of the times, and in that regard, Cavill's representation fits right in with the world today.

The new movie is dumb assed garbage. I thought it couldn't get worse than Returns, I was wrong. :lol

WTF is up with everyone saying STM is "dated"? I'm 22 years old, and it's still the greatest superhero movie I've ever seen. I just rewatched the director's cut on blu-ray on a good sized screen and it still holds up, from most of the effects to the humor. There are one or two sillier power moments that don't make sense, and I get people's problems with the ending, but if STM is cheesy and dated, so is Star Wars, Alien and every other 70's and 80's scifi/fantasy film.

^ I'm with you there. I'm 21 years old. The movie holds up perfectly fine, because the characters are still relatable and likable.

Effects are effects. They always date. Man of Steel will look like dog**** in 2 or 3 years. What matters is if the film has a lasting impact on it's audience.

There are just so many incredible aspects. The John Williams score, the production design, the cinematography, most of the casting- perfection. It's the template for every superhero origin since, from SPIDER-MAN, to BATMAN BEGINS and IRON MAN. Anyone who can't find this watchable because of some 70's fashion is deluded.

Back