Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
I loved both of them, but i'd say AVPR because of the violence and graphic aspect of it. A bad ass predator killing aliens and humans... works out great in my book.

I like both movies but the "stupid humans" in AVP-R stunk up the whole movie for me. If there wasn't the meaningless human storylines (like the pizza boy who's trying to score with the girl and then the girl accidentally gets killed or the entire town, after we spent an hour and a half with their boring stories gets nuked...wtf? Kind of anti-climatic, don't you think?).
The humans were less annoying and rather likeable in AVP.

Wolf and the Aliens were great. The only thing I didn't like about the Predalien is that it impregnates into the mouths of it's victims (like a facehugger). Unlike regular facehuggers, the Predalien's victims each have three chestbursters coming out of them instead of one. After a facehugger impregnates, it dies. The Predalien somehow doesn't die after impregnating a few victims (one waitress and a few hospital women).

both movies are like those pathetic Disney straight-to-dvd "sequels" that are cheap knock-offs made to milk more money out of a franchise.

but, if i HAD to pick one... i'll go with the 2nd one. if for no other reason than to pick on paul anderson some more.
he deserves it.
________
Ultimate fighters

Last edited:
After seeing the abomination that was requiem i only realized how good avp was. Lets hope the next one will be better

I liked them both but AVP seemed more like a major motion picture. AVP-R seemed more like a SCI-FI Channel movie. Both had elements that I loved so as a diehard alien fan,who'll take any alien based movie they put out. I'll vote for both

I just saw AVP:R and it kicked ass!!!!!!

MUCH better than AVP.

I am a huge Aliens and Predator fan and loved all the references in AVP:R!

I really can not wrap my mind around the fact that some of you prefer AVP-R over AVP.
WTH?

Believe me, I tried to see things from you point of view...but I really can't. It's like a 7 year old wrote the script.

AVP was probably the biggest wasted opportunity I ever saw on screen. It was a massive joke. I'd never seen an audience laugh at an ALIEN movie before but that's what happened in AVP. There's a long list of crap with that movie and it all starts with Paul W.S. Anderson. It wasn't even a rated R movie.

AVP-R firmly regulated both movie monsters into the kaiju vs. kaiju formula but at least it didn't ^^^^^ out on the violence and made the Predator look and act badass again. Honestly it felt like a Dark Horse comic, even the ending with that cliff-hanger bit was very comic book like (which I didn't quite care for, it felt campy). It's not perfect but it's better than what was offered previously.

I just feel like (even though it wasn't good) AVP had more of a storyline.
IMO, AVP is like Terminator 2 and AVP-R is like Terminator3.

While the latter movies do have more action, I feel like the storytelling aspect has been clouded by "action, violence, more action... more explosions...lets not forget to add lots of blood because blood is what makes a move great"! Coooooool...look at it!

I mean, although movies are meant to entertain... I like my mind to be entertained as well, not just my eyes.
I feel like I can just sit through AVP-R drooling and still get the gist of the film.

Well I will ultimately base my decision on how good the AVP-R Uncut Unrated DVD is I hear it only adds 8minutes of the 30mins cut from the film though so in my mind its looking bleak for AVP-R and very good for AVP :joy

One last thing... I do not mean to offend anyone, I just wish I could see the movie through your eyes. :monkey2

Well I will ultimately base my decision on how good the AVP-R Uncut Unrated DVD is I hear it only adds 8minutes of the 30mins cut from the film though so in my mind its looking bleak for AVP-R and very good for AVP :joy

out of those eight minutes they added there was only one good scene.
to me it was to dark half the time yo're like what the hell was that? at last in avp you could see the aliens and preds good...:banghead

out of those eight minutes they added there was only one good scene.
to me it was to dark half the time yo're like what the hell was that? at last in avp you could see the aliens and preds good...:banghead

What is the one good scene added into AVP-R?

Back