Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Im really surprised this is even a contest. AVP-R was all the gore and action that we expected and disappointingly didnt get in AVP, and then some.

I wasn't actually too bothered about the gore , this is all the strause brothers cared about!. I think both movies had about the same amount of action , just in different ways. Avp had a much better story line though , avpr:r could be shrunk down and stuck on the end of avp. :lol

I know how to make a good story for Alien 5 you guys might not agree but here goes

At the end of Alien Resurrection we see that the world looks like its gone to hell and Back well what if AVP is a bridge for that having the Alien Queen that was dragged to the bottom of the Ocean is discovered sometime between Alien 3 and 4 it is brought back up and defrosted (I assume she can still alive cause remember she was frozen in AVP for thousands of years)
Then Human Scientist from Weyland-Yutani realize this is the Alien Creature they were looking for and so they have the Queen to start Breeding soon it gets out of control and soon Earth is over run and humans leave and thats why Earth becomes a heap of crap, then another 100 years later Marines come back to fix the problem and reclaim earth all goes well except the Queen unbestknown to them still lives even though they think it has been destroyed
The Weyland Yutani Company is outraged at this so they attempt to clone Ripley with the Alien Queen inside her.
And there you go a bridge to Alien Resurrection you could consider what I have just said two Prequels in between Alien 3 and 4

So what do you guys think of that story line??? Im not being biast to my own story but I could see that happening in a movie

I wasn't actually too bothered about the gore , this is all the strause brothers cared about!. I think both movies had about the same amount of action , just in different ways. Avp had a much better story line though , avpr:r could be shrunk down and stuck on the end of avp. :lol

Oh no doubt. AVP had a good plot but the whole thing with the chick and the Scar predator falling in love kinda took all the credibility away for me.

The AVP-R story line was stupid, but as a fan it delivered visually.

But yes i do agree they both kinda need each other

As for Alien 5. It would probably be horrible.Will I enjoy it? MOST LIKELY :D

Oh no doubt. AVP had a good plot but the whole thing with the chick and the Scar predator falling in love kinda took all the credibility away for me.

The AVP-R story line was stupid, but as a fan it delivered visually.

But yes i do agree they both kinda need each other

As for Alien 5. It would probably be horrible.Will I enjoy it? MOST LIKELY :D

Agreed on all of that but I think Alien 5 would be so horrible If you had a collaboration of Ridley Scott and James Cameron, then Alien 5 could be a great film. Is it likely to happen though?

I know how to make a good story for Alien 5 you guys might not agree but here goes

At the end of Alien Resurrection we see that the world looks like its gone to hell and Back well what if AVP is a bridge for that having the Alien Queen that was dragged to the bottom of the Ocean is discovered sometime between Alien 3 and 4 it is brought back up and defrosted (I assume she can still alive cause remember she was frozen in AVP for thousands of years)
Then Human Scientist from Weyland-Yutani realize this is the Alien Creature they were looking for and so they have the Queen to start Breeding soon it gets out of control and soon Earth is over run and humans leave and thats why Earth becomes a heap of crap, then another 100 years later Marines come back to fix the problem and reclaim earth all goes well except the Queen unbestknown to them still lives even though they think it has been destroyed
The Weyland Yutani Company is outraged at this so they attempt to clone Ripley with the Alien Queen inside her.
And there you go a bridge to Alien Resurrection you could consider what I have just said two Prequels in between Alien 3 and 4

So what do you guys think of that story line??? Im not being biast to my own story but I could see that happening in a movie

Interesting idea, but I really think we need a reboot of the series.
Just start over years after the events of A:R and dump Ripley. Start a completely new story-arch with a new character we can all root for. Reference Ripley and other characters that came in contact with the aliens, but that's it, just give us new people.
And be bold, break the mold and make the main character a man.

I love Ripley and Sigourney, but it's time we moved on. One of the big failures of AvP-R is that it doesn't pick up Alexa's character. Given more exposure, she could've become our new anchor point. Now it just seems like a couple of disconnected movies, kept together only by the preds and aliens, and that is not enough.

Interesting idea, but I really think we need a reboot of the series.
Just start over years after the events of A:R and dump Ripley. Start a completely new story-arch with a new character we can all root for. Reference Ripley and other characters that came in contact with the aliens, but that's it, just give us new people.
And be bold, break the mold and make the main character a man.

I love Ripley and Sigourney, but it's time we moved on. One of the big failures of AvP-R is that it doesn't pick up Alexa's character. Given more exposure, she could've become our new anchor point. Now it just seems like a couple of disconnected movies, kept together only by the preds and aliens, and that is not enough.

Your probably right we need new blood in this franchise. The thing is there are so many good AVP Comic books but Directors such as Paul Anderson and the Strause Brothers want to put there own spin in the films. Why they cannot be bothered picking up the comic books and using material out of there instead they use their own material and lets be honest the material they have recently used in AVP and AVP-R wasn't that good :duh:duh:duh

I think the idea of AvP in general is a bad idea...
But I still maintain that Anderson pulled it off much better than the Strause bros.

I think the idea of AvP in general is a bad idea...
But I still maintain that Anderson pulled it off much better than the Strause bros.

If only Anderson decided to have more Gore in it like AVP-R and didn't have the Preds killed off so easy I would of liked AVP better than I do but other than that better than AVP-R

Back