Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wondering of the two films what you liked better, AVP or AVP-R?

I hear constant slack on AVP especially criticism of Paul W.S Anderson, I personally did not think AVP was overly bad the only thing I didn't like was that it was a Alien/Predator movie with very little Blood and Gore and that pathetic PG-13 rating I mean come on..... also one Alien killing two Predators before getting killed WTF is all that about who cares if they are "inexperienced" Predators they shouldn't be killed off that quickly it just weakens the whole character of the Predator grrrr :monkey4

What I didn't like about AVP-R is that at times it was impossible too see what was happening and there were too references to the Original Alien and Predator I mean I didn't want to see Ms Yutani I wanted an awesome unexpected ending like in AVP when the Hybrid Chestburster suddenly popped up that was a complete surprise for me. Though I did like AVP-R as it had only one Predator who knew how too get a job done, also getting a first glimpse at the Predator home world I though that was pretty cool :monkey5

I know AVP and AVP-R can never compare too the original Alien and Predator movies but its worth a try I am not Rubbishing Paul W.S Anderson or the Brothers Strause in this Thread everyone has opinions and I would like too hear yours

Thats just what I thought of the Movies what are your guys thoughts on the Movies?

One part I did like better in Avp was the final fight. The final fight between Lex, Scar, and the Queen was pretty intense. The final fight between Wolf and the Predalien was so weak. Nothing cool happened and everything that happened was seen in the trailer.

Oh yeah...didn't like either of them.

One part I did like better in Avp was the final fight. The final fight between Lex, Scar, and the Queen was pretty intense. The final fight between Wolf and the Predalien was so weak. Nothing cool happened and everything that happened was seen in the trailer.

I agree with you 100% on that comment all that I recall of the final AVP-R fight is Wolf takes his mask off, he tackles the PredAlien Stabs it in the Head gets Stabbed himself and then both are destroyed in the Explosion and thats the Final fight in a nutshell. :monkey2
Whereas Scar puts up a decent and much longer fight :D

I just had a thought
At the end of AVP when the Queen is dragged too the bottom of the Ocean, they could use that for a start to a sequel e.g they Drag the Queen up out of the Water and use her too produce eggs for the evil Government (pending she could survive down there :lol) they loose control of the Aliens and Earth is over run, this technically be set before Alien Resurrection because at the end of the film we see that Paris (and assuming most of Earth) may have been over run by Aliens???????

I'm a die hard predator fan and loved each movie, beginning to end.

The final fight in AvP-R was short but awesome, imagine how the Wolf felt when he got hit by that predalien tail for the third time in a row, breaking his wrist comp and bio helmet.
If they didn't get nuked wolf would have walked away from that fight.

AvP, was a lot better, and considering it was back then considered the worst of the franchise, that's sad. AvP-R is just a total balls up.

It's a real shame that the franchise has gotten to the stage of this much ridicule, that a GOOD DIRECTOR won't go near them anymore...

Imagine if Cameron or Scott done another one...Would it have turned out like AvP-R??? I think NOT.

Oyy...I'm undecided...there are parts and aspects from both movies that I like and dislike.

The Wolf was definitely cooler and more bad-ass than Scar,Celtic and Chopper combined....

However as I look back, I don't mind the temple setting in comparison to the town setting... and I still dislike the Aliens in "modern times" regardless... :monkey2

Oy...the best thing to come out of both movies I think were some of the creature designs...I certainly liked them. Even the PredAlien!!!

AvP, was a lot better, and considering it was back then considered the worst of the franchise, that's sad. AvP-R is just a total balls up.

It's a real shame that the franchise has gotten to the stage of this much ridicule, that a GOOD DIRECTOR won't go near them anymore...

Imagine if Cameron or Scott done another one...Would it have turned out like AvP-R??? I think NOT.

your spot on there mate.
I actually thought avp was a decent movie and was looking forward to the sequel , sadly it sucked. :monkey2

I hear Fox is looking at making AVP3 which if true is set too be in space which would be good just get a good director and i will have no complaints

Defi the AvP-R Movie. Didn`t like Paul Andersons work. Right the preds was cool and all but still. CRAP!

Both I liked ok. Not nuts about either movie, but AVP has a bigger budgety look and feel and a more Sci-Fi feel also with the setting. AVP-R is more Freddy vs Jason in our backyard stuff, but it has Wolf and the PA and is somewhat more intense, so both are ok. Nothing special about either though, in the long run so I just picked both.
With Preds at least we got The Wolf and then Celtic and another Elder in there between both movies....the Aliens are lacking more than somewhat on film compared to their previous incarnations in both, but gave us more cool toys....

I'm with Les on this, you pretty much spelt out how I feel about them both. And as much as I do like 'Aliens', I feel Cameron kind of needed to make the Drones/Warriors cannon fodder for his Marines within the structure and pacing of his movie, and that carries on through both the AvP movies. Gigers vicious xenomorphic killer deserves better and more respect as 'THE' Alien, in it's own right!
But they were both good pulp entertainment popcorn movies, nothing more, nothing less.

AvP was entertaining enough coming from PWSA.

AvP: R was bollocks - it sucked the sweat off a dead gay emo's balls.

Last edited:
Back