Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
I hate the Newborn Alien/Hybrid it was the worst thing too happen in the franchise, and when the Hybrid jumped onto the escaping ship with Ripely and the Hybrid jumped onto the ship like the Queen it turned into an OMFG they stole that from Aliens moment :monkey4. That is the single worst part for me in Resurrection

Somehow, it's difficult for me to accept that people here like AvP-R better than AvP...
At least AvP tried to look like a movie that belonged in the Alien and Predator franchises.
Or maybe it's because I'm more of an Alien fan than a Predator fan. AvP felt more like an Alien movie (as poorly written as it was), whereas AvP-R feels more like a Predator movie (as poorly written as it is).

Having said that, I still think that AvP has a better visual style and better script than AvP-R. At least it tries.

avp destroyed avp-r

stupid.gif

avp-r's acting was terrible , the plot was terrible and that tie in thing at the end I hated.
So the predator was cooler and the fight scenes were good but that doesn't make it a good movie it just makes it a camera filming awesome costumes and special effects. Wheres the story ?.

avp-r's acting was terrible , the plot was terrible and that tie in thing at the end I hated.
So the predator was cooler and the fight scenes were good but that doesn't make it a good movie it just makes it a camera filming awesome costumes and special effects. Wheres the story ?.

Indeed. The acting was worse than ever, the story wasnt anygood. So ill guess the brothers straus should keep on making special effects and NOT movies.

Since both movies were written with 15 year olds in mind I'd have to say both were equally shi**y. To say that one is better than the other really isn't saying much since they both features horrific writing, acting and directing.

I have no doubt , avp 1 is the best by far , the argument of avp r is bad, always the same thing , is a story repeated and already seen in other movies. ( the small town , the beautifull girl who fall in love with the guy loser, soldiers who destroy everything...........) really very poor ..............the movie is worth to be seen , for two reasons unique : the alien and the predator , nothing more ................:chew:chew:chew

AVP was decent but lacked the suspense and blood that the originals had. Yet its sequel was the most ridiculous piece of ^^^^ i had ever seen, it looked as if two 12 year olds had directed it . :duh

Since both movies were written with 15 year olds in mind I'd have to say both were equally shi**y. To say that one is better than the other really isn't saying much since they both features horrific writing, acting and directing.

:rock:rock:rock

I even think they were written by 15-year olds !

I saw both in the theaters but it seems like people coming out of AVP-R were saying it was so stupid. The audience reaction to the first movie was better than the second.

Both I liked ok. Not nuts about either movie, but AVP has a bigger budgety look and feel and a more Sci-Fi feel also with the setting. AVP-R is more Freddy vs Jason in our backyard stuff, but it has Wolf and the PA and is somewhat more intense, so both are ok. Nothing special about either though, in the long run so I just picked both.
With Preds at least we got The Wolf and then Celtic and another Elder in there between both movies....the Aliens are lacking more than somewhat on film compared to their previous incarnations in both, but gave us more cool toys....

My feelings exactly. Couldn't have said it better. :lecture

I really thought the Sewer scene was amazing. If it had kept up that intensity it would have rocked.

I did think the sewer scene was awesome but then again the first scene where grid and the celtic first I liked much better and to finally see pred and alien scrapping for the first time was completely awesome !.

AVP = Nice Alien moments (they were fast and deadly)
AVPR = Awesome Predator moments (Wolf looked like a Predator, make me remember Kevin R.I.P)

Both had their good things and bad things...
I guess they were both just ok...

Back