Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
Based on pure carnage alone, both storylines out of the way (what storylines? :D), I went for AVP:R...

Does anyone think that it would just be a waste of time too make AVP3? Based on the success of the Previous films

I would like if they made another Predator movie. That would be more respective than making another AvP Movie, or an alien movie for that matter. Like at the end of Predator 2, Danny Glover "Harrigan" Said. "Dont worry A**hole, you`ll get another chance. But for the Last alien movie, they went back to earth "wich looked like hell btw" And it all ended. So id vote for another Predator movie =).

Last edited:
Out of the categories of choice I picked neither but in reality I liked them both a little bit. Of the first film I enjoyed the backstory of the Preds having come to Earth just to train repeatedly for centuries was a nice touch....I actually liked the Scar Pred character but didn't like the Super Aliens aspect with the larger than life Queen and the Grid having so much power amongst everyone else.

From AVP:R I loved the Wolf character but felt he was too underused and felt the writers and directors really lost a golden opportunity because they focused more on the humans then on the dynamic of a lone Predator against a Hive for lack of a better word and the Predalien was completely wasted and underused, such a dynamic idea and interesting design that seemed to go no where.

If you could take the aspects of both and mix them and get a writer who knows how to storytell and not create just callbacks to the original films, which came off borrowed and weak instead of innovative and nostaglic this film could have kicked off a major franchise.

the preds in avp sucked but the movie over all was better then AVP-R.
The WOLF predator looked insane but the movie was so crap.
The worst ending ever.
I hope they make PREDATOR 3 the right way.

Does anyone think that it would just be a waste of time too make AVP3? Based on the success of the Previous films

I'd like to see something other than Alien and Predator fighting...how about Terminator and Robocop? Then again, perhaps not...although the game was great...

I just had a thought
At the end of AVP when the Queen is dragged too the bottom of the Ocean, they could use that for a start to a sequel e.g they Drag the Queen up out of the Water and use her too produce eggs for the evil Government (pending she could survive down there :lol) they loose control of the Aliens and Earth is over run, this technically be set before Alien Resurrection because at the end of the film we see that Paris (and assuming most of Earth) may have been over run by Aliens???????

Where the heck was that scene? :google I didn't see that part!

Both movies has positives and minuses....but I preferred AvPR over AvP. The preds in AvP were just weak a$$. I mean one Alien doing in 2 Preds? Get serious....never would happen.

Someone stated before that the Alien/Predator franchises may be run through the mud too much now for any respectable director (ex. Scott, Cameron, etc.) to go with it.

And they have become one of those franchises that FOX knows they can run and finance cheap and expect HUGE returns in profit...especially after the success of the original AVP.

It's likely that they will do a third one, another thing that hinges on it will be the DVD sales. However, I'm leaning toward FOX once again hiring a "Controllable" cheap Director and keeping a small budget perhaps once again.

We'll see.... :monkey1

Someone stated before that the Alien/Predator franchises may be run through the mud too much now for any respectable director (ex. Scott, Cameron, etc.) to go with it.

And they have become one of those franchises that FOX knows they can run and finance cheap and expect HUGE returns in profit...especially after the success of the original AVP.

It's likely that they will do a third one, another thing that hinges on it will be the DVD sales. However, I'm leaning toward FOX once again hiring a "Controllable" cheap Director and keeping a small budget perhaps once again.

We'll see.... :monkey1

I read on either AvP Galaxy or Planet Avp that it is already in production.

Neither, though atleast AVP-R had a great Pred(Wolf) design, unlike AVP1. AVP1's designs, both Alien and Predator(Except the Celtic mask), sucked.

Oh how I long for the original Alien suit to be shown on-screen again, not the crappy turd-like A:R/AVP/AVP-R designs.

I'm guaranteeing you avp 1 would of been winning this vote right now was it not for people getting their wolfs and feeling they have to vote avp:r.

I think that if Predator 3 is made it needs to have a good Director who knows how too tell a story about Predators and exclude Humans to a great extent (I mean come on People, if Humans have 5% film time and the other 95% is Predators and Alien Wars I could definitely see the possibility of either Predator 3 or AVP3, Oh and it has too be in space for a change with any or all Human Life getting killed off in the first 15mins:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl)

I'm guaranteeing you avp 1 would of been winning this vote right now was it not for people getting their wolfs and feeling they have to vote avp:r.

I agree with you on this people love Wolf because he is a badass killer who can get a job done, though my favorite Pred is probably the Original Predator

Back