Where are the 1/6th Serenity figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, that would be the best use of Lorne ever, where is Tom and his trusty photoshop when you need him?

Serenity 1/6 scale figures would be great, but I think a line based on the series would be better, given the larger amount of characters over the fourteen episodes. Who knows, maybe the series would be an easier license to obtain, since Buffy and Angel had to be negotiated through Fox. Then again, Serenity was Universal, and that's where Sideshow got its start.

I just need Mal's wife too...Yosafbridge!:lol

Protozaius said:
Yeah, like THAT is going to happen. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Though, I'd like to see FOX replace Randy Jackson with our favorite Pylean green demon Lorne... as the contestants sing he can read their chances for a future in show business. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I COULD HAPPEN! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Now that would be something I would love to see!!:rotfl

It wouldn't be that difficult to complete either :-

Mal (Exclusive - Naked Variant)
Zoe (Exclusive - 'Mourning' Robe)
Wash (Exclusive - Spike through chest!)
Book (Exclusive - Scary Hair Head)
Jayne (Exclusive - Wooly Hat)
Inara (Exclusive - Price List!)
Kaylee (Exclusive - Smudged Nose head)
Simon (Exclusive - medical smock)
River (Exclusive - Big Ass Sword)

SSC Exclusive Reaver
SSC Exclusive Operative

You could make a whole heck of a lot of characters from the show, and the only one that appeared (significantly) in the movie only was The Operative, unless I am way underestimating demand for Mr. Universe.
Here is how I see things happening (since I can dream big)

Mal Exclusive - Fancy Mal from Shindig (or Mal in a Bonnet, working undercover)
Kaylee Exclusive - Also from Shindig, don't she just break your heart!
Wash Exclusive - with a mustache and must include dinosaurs
Jayne Exclusive - Different Shirt, but comes with his wooly cap!
Book Exclusive- Wily Hair, dissected Bible

I'd have to think about the others.

I would love to get Yolanda, Jubal Early, Tracey (his box could be a coffin), two of the creepy blue-gloved guys, and if the line is still going, I would get Niska.

And you can't forget the star of the show - Chicken - Sweet!
(Watch the pilot commentary!):rotfl

Seaward said:
Lord Azreal,
to answer your question, there were a lot of differences in characters costumes for the films that differentiate them from the series, usually in terms of the material being used. for examplke, Mal had regular ol' suspenders for the series, but had some weird plasticky contraption for the film (I guess it would be more "Sci-fi). I would actually prefer both versions of some of the characters, like Shepard Book. He could have a tv version, in his grey shirt and his hair tied back, a film version in the black costume and his hair in the tight rows, and an exclusive version with his hair popping out when he scared River. Some other changes are more for the particular scene, though, like Simon never wore anything too memorable, but his officer's outfit from when he infiltrates the hospital to rescue would be great.

I honestly don't think those differences are enough to justify a separate figure.

Probably not enough differences to justify two figures, but to me the differences are subtle and significant. I actually prefer the look of the TV show, as the film is a little to "high-gloss" for me. I think the simpler design of the show worked better and was more believable, but likely didn't translate to the big screen.

I would hope that if the rights do get picked up, Sideshow chooses to pursue Firefly over Serenity, simply because that is how I first discovered the characters, and saw them longer as TV characters.

Just my .02

Seaward said:
Probably not enough differences to justify two figures, but to me the differences are subtle and significant. I actually prefer the look of the TV show, as the film is a little to "high-gloss" for me. I think the simpler design of the show worked better and was more believable, but likely didn't translate to the big screen.

I would hope that if the rights do get picked up, Sideshow chooses to pursue Firefly over Serenity, simply because that is how I first discovered the characters, and saw them longer as TV characters.

Just my .02

I SEE your .02... and I RAISE you my .02!

I want ANY version of these characters. I'm not picky. :D

Whatever version is the easiest for you, SIDESHOW, to make will be fine with me!! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

You know after ruminatin' powerful hard on the subject I really cant think of but two non-crew figures I'd like to see. Jubal Early. (Who, interestingly, was a Civil War general and is a distant relation of Nathan Fillion.) His "Am I a lion?" conversation with Simon is classic. Heck there could even be Serenifly and Civil war versions. :D
The other bein' the Operative. He's just too cool to ignore.
Course as I think on it some more Darklord Dave is right: a Saffron figure would be great too.
Browncoats Forever

I think that is part of why I am torn with which line to hope for. Firefly has Saffron/Yolanda/Bridget and Jubal Early, amongst others, but TV rights could (would?) preclude them from doing the film versions, notably the Operative. The same would apply vice versa.

The Operative quickly became one of my favorite villians ever, especially when you might consider that this might be a big glimpse at Shepard Book's past.

Seaward said:
I think that is part of why I am torn with which line to hope for. Firefly has Saffron/Yolanda/Bridget and Jubal Early, amongst others, but TV rights could (would?) preclude them from doing the film versions, notably the Operative. The same would apply vice versa.

The Operative quickly became one of my favorite villians ever, especially when you might consider that this might be a big glimpse at Shepard Book's past.

I agree - I love all the characters you mentioned and would hate it if we were to get this line that we couldn't get them all! Maybe if Sideshow is able to get the line it will be for both tv show and movie.

The Operative is probably one of the best villians I've seen in years. :D

And Sideshow hasn't decided to make him yet.:eek:

Oh, I just made myself sad. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

THIS is your best villians in years?
2_800.jpg

where is your god now, i ask?

Behold he is a great warrior
his fake bossem is the badge of might
and
his Lee press-on's are dealers of fury
His sequin halter top is like that of the gods
and
he clothes his loins with the fishnets of power

lo, his foes weep and gnash their teeth at the sound of his size 14 stiletos.

Protozaius said:
... and Pumpkinhead made less than 5 million at the box office and Sideshow made a maquette of him. :confused:

Of course, we all know the reason why HE was made. The ties Sideshow has to Stan Winston Studios is not to be underestimated. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3
But the Whedon link to Sideshow is a rather big one too. And while Firefly had only 1/2 a season [and one movie] that is more than Pumkinhead, Scarface, R. Lee Ermey, Hellboy, This Island Earth....
Mal and Jayne would surely work well into the Buffy and X-Files collections as well.

I'd settle for the basics here, The crew and perhaps an Operative. The Movie made me a fan of the series by the way, not vice versa. I had never seen the series, but once I saw the movie I went out and bought the series on DVD.

The series is lots of fun to be certain, but the movie was and is, a far superior effort.

So let's get to it SSC. Give us some 12 inch Serenity figures will you? You know you wanna!!

Ok, I have followed all the various Serenifly threads and of all the figures mentioned that people want no one mentions one of the most obvious.
Where's the love for the Reavers? :confused:
I think they'd make some really disturbing/cool figures. Plus it'll give Captain Mal and crew something to fret about while on your shelf. :D

Back