Where are the 1/6th Serenity figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to start threadjacking, but it was high time to start wearing my heart on my sleeve, so to speak. It should be a nice, gentle reminder to Sideshow with every post that they haven't made what could be the best toy line ever!

Seaward said:
No need to start threadjacking, but it was high time to start wearing my heart on my sleeve, so to speak. It should be a nice, gentle reminder to Sideshow with every post that they haven't made what could be the best toy line ever!

Our Crusade is just, as is yours! I would kill nearly as many to have some sweet-as-can-be Serenity figures. I didn't realize this thread was here or I would have posted earlier...

As for boneheads... don't listen to Proto, we get a lot of attention (nearly 4,000 views in 9 days!) and its kinda fun to be stupid. But I would be all over a set of Serenity figures, no doubt!

I am also for the Origins Kurgan figure, but my heart lies with Serenity! I figure, you gotta pick your battles a little, at least until I figure out how to have changing banners like FrankenFan!

galactiboy said:
Our Crusade is just, as is yours! I would kill nearly as many to have some sweet-as-can-be Serenity figures. I didn't realize this thread was here or I would have posted earlier...

As for boneheads... don't listen to Proto, we get a lot of attention (nearly 4,000 views in 9 days!) and its kinda fun to be stupid. But I would be all over a set of Serenity figures, no doubt!

I stand by my words. It's okay to be silly about things that you are passionate about. It's your crusade, you can be as rude and obnoxious as you want to be... within that thread. But when crusaders were posting their large font rantings in other unrelated threads, they were CLEARLY out of control and rightly needed to be reeled in by Dave our humble moderator. Poor Dave, he has had to read all of that stuff. :monkey2

And I'm sure that you got the high view numbers not because people were endorsing your cause. People just like to watch (or in this case read about) people behaving badly. Like slowing down to look at a train wreck... people were just curious nothing more.

And those monkey sex pictures probably boosted the numbers as well. Thank you Dave for removing them. :D

As for the Serenity crusade, due to the Kurganites I'm hesitant to call it that. That is one bandwagon that should NOT be followed. Like I've stated before, I will at EVERY opportunity tell Sideshow, in a respectable manner, that I FIRMLY believe that a 12" Serenity/Firefly line would sell.

And I'm going to do so at SDCC....

Like I was saying, no need to threadjack or spiral out of control, but I felt it was time to change the avatar, and hopefully make a little statement with each post. Not too overwhelming, and certainly not intrusive. I would love to see POTA fans get the remaining figures they want, Origins Kurgan get made, and GILES for us Buffy fans. I know petitions are sometimes pointless, but this thread can always be home for the Serenity figures we want to dream about Sideshow making, and come up with new suggestions for variants, etc... because if we are going to dream, then might as well dream big.

The Serenity line won't be complete without a functional 1/6 "mule" and Mr. Universe's Buffybot!

Proto, there was an even earlier thread, and I will track it down, where some of us pitched ideas for figures, and I think Koipond came up with the best suggestions. Give me a minute and I will find the link.

I even want little polystone graves for Wash, Mr. Universe and Book. Sad but true...

Thanks for the link. Wow, that thread pre-dates my fandom for all things Joss Whedon. I hate to think there was such a time. :monkey3

I became a fan in a large part due to Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith. I saw that film last summer between 10-15 times... and EACH time I saw it, the Serentiy trailer played on it.

Something about the trailer just hooked me. I then make it a point to watch the DVD set before the movie opened. And I'm so glad that I did.

The rest is history. Better late than never, I guess. :rolleyes:

I work for as a projectionist at a theater and even though I can see ANY movie for free, every time I saw Serentiy I PAID TO SEE IT... just to show my solidarity to the sequel cause. :D

I didn't pay for all the times I saw ROTS. :monkey3

I SO wanted that opening weekend to rock Universal's world. The box office report was heartbreaking. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Be that as it may, I just bought $10 tickets for a charity screening of Serenity on Joss Whedon's birthday. I'm still paying to see it... and I already own it on DVD. Two versions... the US version and the Aussie 2 disc tin case version. I got it bad.

So for the record, I would buy ANYTHING Sideshow made, no matter how minute, from the verse of Serenity. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
I've also been very, very vocal in requesting a Sideshow Firefly/Serenity line. I've started many threads about this myself - one of the more recent ones was the Firefly/Serenity merchandise that is out there and still being added to everyday. I'm thrilled to see so many threads by other board members too who are just as eager as I am about this. I just hope Sideshow is reading all these posts and seeing the many, many positive responses to this becoming a future line.

I propose that when Sideshow release the new Angel figure they send one to Jos with a 1/6 scale contract for the Serenity line of figures for him to sign.

:chew

There was a recent interview with Joss where he stated he didn't have any say about merchandising, but if we can get him to become a strident voice for product, perhaps the studio will make the licensing deal too attractive for SSC to pass up!

I fully endorse the idea of Serenity/Firefly figures in 1:6 format.
I don't understand how Whedon has NO say on his "children" but perhaps we should delve into who does have those rights and petition THEM.
I plan to buy Giles, any more apes seen fit to be produced and Origins Kurgan when/if he is made.
Lets keep this "drive" for Serenity peaceful and without impingement. I take partial responsibility [and I apologize] for the Kurgan thread spiraling out of control. My hope there, as most anywhere, was to join forces in each other's causes as it seems most of us are interested in seeing the other lines succeed/revived as well as our own.

Time to give this a gentle nudge, and remind Sideshow how much we want these figures! Whichever rights are easier to get, Firefly from Fox or Serenity from Universal, go right ahead and bring on the best toys in the 'verse!

I just watched Serenity again last night and started working my way through the series again... they are just so kickass. My fiance isn't is nowhere near a sci-fi geek like myself, but even she loves the series! I can't get over how cool figures would be from this... it really needs to happen, and should have by now.

"Dear Buddah, I'd like a pony and little plastic rocket and... A LINE OF 12" SIDESHOW SERENITY FIGURES!!!!" :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I went to the "Serenity" charity screening last night... it was a blast seeing the film again (it's been a few months since I saw it last) and it was even better seeing it with a sell out crowd of 550 screaming Browncoat zealots! :D

Had a great time!!!

Well, if Sideshow isn't interested in the Firefly/Serenity license would we want another company to do the figures?

I say this because my Dad just got the exclusive BSG "Experiment in Terra" figures and on the box Majestic Toys asks for any suggestions for figures. My Dad (getting tired of waiting for an annoucement from Sideshow) sent them the suggestion of Firefly.

If you wish to do the same, or if you have another license you wish to suggest, here's the e-mail address Majestic Toys provides:

[email protected]

I'm on the fence on this one. Sideshow would be my number one choice to make these figures. But since Tom has stated that he sees no "need" to do them at this time, should we be lobbying another company?

Thoughts? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

If we can get a definitive answer from Sideshow as to whether they can or cannot deliver this license unto us then I say "go for it". If they have a chance of making them I wouldn't want to muck up the water with extra competition for it. And, if they can't I'd like to see SFM take a crack at it. So far, their sculpts have been way better.

Back