Where are the 1/6th Serenity figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Reavers were great villians.

However, I have two kids (one six and one nine) and there is no way in hell I'm putting a highly detailed Sideshow 12"er of a Reaver on my shelf. :monkey4

Not that THAT is a problem that I currently have to worry about. :rolleyes:

But MAKE NO MISTAKE... I would buy EVERY 12"er that Sideshow made of Firefly/Serenity... if they were to unveil such a line. EVEN a Reaver. He would just have to stay in the box for awhile. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Just like my Evil Ash. :cool:

Protozaius said:
I think the Reavers were great villians.

However, I have two kids (one six and one nine) and there is no way in hell I'm putting a highly detailed Sideshow 12"er of a Reaver on my shelf.

I don't know - I'd think they might be a great educational tool. Imagine the possibilities: "This is what happens when you do drugs/smoke/have sex." or "This is what happens when you touch daddy's figure collection."

I jest of course. :D

Killbeggar said:
I don't know - I'd think they might be a great educational tool. Imagine the possibilities: "This is what happens when you do drugs/smoke/have sex." or "This is what happens when you touch daddy's figure collection."

Hmmmm... you might be onto something there. :D

I'll just run it by the missus... :rolleyes:

Even in this small town, I know quite a few Browncoats.
Most of them aren't 1:6 collectors normally, but for Firefly they'd make exceptions.

C'mon, SSC, the love is there...please? :)

A reaver or 2 would be great!! But only after we've seen the crew in it's entirety please. Mal should be first followed by Z and her husband, the pilot guy. Next would come Janes, the preacher and then the sexy little mechanic to round it out, and finally the prostitute.

add in an Operative and 2 Reavers and we're set, good to go, I'll take 5 of each please. oh and can you wrap that? it's a gift.

If Sideshow were SO KIND :)D) as to start a Firefly/Serenity line, Mal would be the obvious first choice.

But I think they should follow THAT up with an armed-to-the-tooth Jayne... he is SUCH a strong fan favorite. :D

Then the rest of the crew in no paticular order... although Wash, Zoe or River (film version) would be a wise choice for the third figure.

Just my .02. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Protozaius said:
If Sideshow were SO KIND :)D) as to start a Firefly/Serenity line, Mal would be the obvious first choice.

But I think they should follow THAT up with an armed-to-the-tooth Jayne... he is SUCH a strong fan favorite. :D

Then the rest of the crew in no paticular order... although Wash, Zoe or River (film version) would be a wise choice for the third figure.

Just my .02. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Totally agree with all of those suggestions! I think a Mal would sell out in less than a week once the word spread to Browncoats that he was available! And Jayne would have to come with Vera!!

Firefly Flanatic said:
Totally agree with all of those suggestions! I think a Mal would sell out in less than a week once the word spread to Browncoats that he was available! And Jayne would have to come with Vera!!

Buy some advertising in the right place and it will work.

Protozaius said:
But I think they should follow THAT up with an armed-to-the-tooth Jayne... he is SUCH a strong fan favorite.
Funny thing is I didn't like Jayne when the series was on. But now that I own the series and and Serenity he has become one of my favorites.
He kinda grows on ya like big, dumb, vicious puppy. :D

Firefly Flanatic said:
Jayne would have to come with Vera!!

And his mothers hat!

When I first watched the show, I didn't think too much of Jayne's antics, since he seemed kinda "too stupid", but once I got to see the show with a big group of people, this character instantly worked, providing big belly laughs. I think it works a bit like Farrelly brothers comedies, better with a bigger audience. Jayne was perfect in the movie!

Reavers would be great toys, and given Sideshow's background, they can pull it off!

Now all we have to do is get SSC to read this thread, agree it's a great idea, and then produce the figures!!

Serenity figures in 1/6th. Wow, that would rock.

Just had a word to Toysmith last night - the guy who makes a 1/6 version of Mal & Zoe's rigs - he does have a base for Vera and will make her at one stage - SWEET!!!

Now all I need is some headsculpts that are ok.........

Firefly Flanatic said:
And Jayne would have to come with Vera!!
Ah, but Jayne didn't have Vera in the movie, so you'd better hope there's no difference in the show license and the movie license (unless it were something SS could just sneak in there for us fans)...

FYI

I just found out the a trading card set of Firefly (from Inkworks who released the Serenity cards) went on sale last month and has SOLD OUT in near record sales at all of the suppliers.

Ebay is now the only place to score these cards as well as the chase sets. There is an 11 card autograph set that includes a few of the guest stars like Michael Fairman as Adlai Niska, Gregg Henry as Sheriff Bourne, and Christina Hendricks as Saffron.

C'mon, SIDESHOW GET IN THE VERSE!

Protozaius said:
FYI

I just found out the a trading card set of Firefly (from Inkworks who released the Serenity cards) went on sale last month and has SOLD OUT in near record sales at all of the suppliers.

Ebay is now the only place to score these cards as well as the chase sets. There is an 11 card autograph set that includes a few of the guest stars like Michael Fairman as Adlai Niska, Gregg Henry as Sheriff Bourne, and Christina Hendricks as Saffron.

C'mon, SIDESHOW GET IN THE VERSE!

Just more proof of how much Firefly/Serenity items are in demand. And who wouldn't rather have a nice 12" Firefly character. And I'd much rather have a 12" Firefly figure to admire than a little old card any day!

swiftlikessharpthings said:
Ah, but Jayne didn't have Vera in the movie, so you'd better hope there's no difference in the show license and the movie license (unless it were something SS could just sneak in there for us fans)...

Or they could go get a licence for Showtime - Vera guest appeared in that movie too ;)

I have the Serenity Card set, and they are well worth it for the Autograph cards, so if you can get 'em, I highly recommend it! I have to look for the ones that aren't duplicates tonight, like the sherriff, Niska, Saffron, and Tracey to round out my set. I paid an arm and leg for them, but I really wanted the complete cast, and you never know what is really authentic on ebay.

I think we may have to do something severe to draw the attention of Sideshow like the Kurgan crusaders are doing! :rotfl

Seaward said:
I think we may have to do something severe to draw the attention of Sideshow like the Kurgan crusaders are doing! :rotfl

Well, I'm going to SDCC with three other people this year and I'm planning on each of us to approach as many Sideshow team members as possible to "suggest" that...

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 SIDEHOW GET IN THE VERSE!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I suggest all that are attending SDCC to do the same! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

A little work and some MS Paint, but now I am ready to start the crusade for Firefly/Serenity figures!!!

Seaward said:
A little work and some MS Paint, but now I am ready to start the crusade for Firefly/Serenity figures!!!

Great idea... but let's not be as rude and abusive as the Medievel Kurgan crusade currently is.

Those "boneheads" are out of control.:monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Back