Whedonverse Actors You've Met

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more stories of convention-y goodness?! This thread needs some more action! I was going to drop by a convention this weekend, but I'm going to save my money.

This stuff adds up!!! :horror

Ive met Eliza through work and she's an absolute delight. Very kind and warm.

Others I've met have included Summer Glau who was also lovely and Charisma Carpenter who is sadly not so lovely.

Finally met my first Whedonverse actor today - Jewel Staite at Ozcomiccon in Adelaide, South Australia. Kinda cool that the first OCC is in Adelaide, as we usually get the raw deal as it comes to these kind of things.

Anyhow, her line was LONG, went out the door, probably around 100 metres or something like that. Simply because of that I think she was trying to get through as many autos as she could, so you didn't have long with her and she didn't shake anyone's hand. Was certainly friendly enough, but yeah, didn't get much time at all.

Best signer for me was Gigi Edgley from Farscape. She didn't have many in her line, so I got to speak with her for quite a bit. Asked me where I worked, where I lived, talked about her upcoming wedding. Just overall a really lovely, friendly person she is.

Finally met my first Whedonverse actor today - Jewel Staite at Ozcomiccon in Adelaide, South Australia. Kinda cool that the first OCC is in Adelaide, as we usually get the raw deal as it comes to these kind of things.

Anyhow, her line was LONG, went out the door, probably around 100 metres or something like that. Simply because of that I think she was trying to get through as many autos as she could, so you didn't have long with her and she didn't shake anyone's hand. Was certainly friendly enough, but yeah, didn't get much time at all.

Best signer for me was Gigi Edgley from Farscape. She didn't have many in her line, so I got to speak with her for quite a bit. Asked me where I worked, where I lived, talked about her upcoming wedding. Just overall a really lovely, friendly person she is.

Congrats! That line sounds crazy though! I think the longest line I ever waited in at a convention was for a Supernatural panel and the line went on for a ways. It sounds like she was worth the wait.

I used to love conventions. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to go to the Vampire ball in the UK this Autumn and see Juliet and JM. I've never seen them together.

I used to love conventions. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to go to the Vampire ball in the UK this Autumn and see Juliet and JM. I've never seen them together.

Sounds awesome. :rock

The convention circuit is lacking nowadays. I don't go to them like I used to. Maybe one a year, if that.

Yeah I know what you mean. I haven't been to one in ages, mainly because I just can't afford it really. :(

I used to go to so many when I was a lot younger too.

Yeah I know what you mean. I haven't been to one in ages, mainly because I just can't afford it really. :(

I used to go to so many when I was a lot younger too.

Plus, the Buffy fans are becoming 'a dying breed' I fear. :( The convention scene is changing.

Wow, I feel old.... :lol

Yes, but at least here in the UK there seem enough 'Buffy Nut's' that are willing to still shell to see their favorite characters.

We may be fading but we're not gone just yet. :lol:

I know for example JM still has a fair old bit of pulling power in the UK an parts of europe.

Yes, but at least here in the UK there seem enough 'Buffy Nut's' that are willing to still shell to see their favorite characters.

We may be fading but we're not gone just yet. :lol:

I know for example JM still has a fair old bit of pulling power in the UK an parts of europe.

When it comes to sci-fi conventions, especially Buffy stuff, you definitely have the advantage. :lecture. I wish the conventions over here were a little more appreciative. The first year or two after Buffy ended guest lists were strong, but everyone is moving on now.

This is one of the reasons why I wish I lived in the UK!

Road trip! w00t! :lol

Wondering if anyone has any Comic Cons coming up in the next few months or so that have Whedon peeps going? I know Amy Acker has been making her way. I sent her a message via facebook about 8 months ago and asked if she would do some more comic cons. Now she has been doing a couple. I HOPE she comes to Austin because it is an honest dream come true.

She went to the Toronto con and my friend Kayla met her. She said she was soooo pretty in person. I bet she is. *sigh...

Besides the obvious Joss and Nathan, Sarah, etc. Who is your dream to meet from the Whedonverse that you have not yet?

Mine = Jane Espenson

Back