What's your Star Wars canon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What truth do you cling to?

• Movies only

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • Original trilogy only

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Movies + Clone Wars

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Original trilogy + Clone Wars

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Movies, Clone Wars + all EU

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Movies, Clone Wars + selected EU

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Original trilogy, Clone Wars + all EU

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Original trilogy, Clone Wars + selected EU

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
Films, Clone Wars, Specific EU: Shadows of the Empire, Thrawn Trilogy, Holiday Special(partial), Republic comics(Partial)......and a bit of my own imagination to make it work

Because I have been extremely disappointed with the Eps I-III, I decided to write my own canon. But also have been recently exposed to some of the EU I am open to that as well. But the main story needs serious revision in it's early stages in my opinion.

The origin of Anakin - crap!!!
The the additional information about the force in Eps I - III, crap!
The seduction of Anakin - crap!!! (the whole story of Anakin before Vader is all major crap IMHO).
Most of the Jedi being wasted by Clones - big huge turd.
The fact that Vader did not hunt down the Jedi and become more "Vader" through limb loss and battle scares in exterminating the Jedi - total hairy and runny crap!!!!

I have other revisions in my head, but that list hits my major discrepancies with what Lucas did with the story. In early interviews he told a different story (in the details) from the ones he eventually put to film. Shame, what he hinted sounded a lot better, or I just completely misunderstood him as a kid. But most of my revisions are based on what I believe he alluded to in interviews.

There has been some good stuff in the CW cartoons, but again anything pertaining to the force and how Lucas has flushed that out is garbage in my mind.

The Original Trilogy.

I enjoy the CW and parts of the PT, but I can take 'em or leave 'em. I don't even bother with the the EU.

And Boba Fett died a wimpy death in the belly of a giant plant. End of story.

Movies, Clone Wars + selected EU*

Pre-OT EU is ok with me. Post OT EU is the ca ca est. Worse than the PT even.

All the movies(yes I grew up with the OT) and I like the PT as well.
I like the Clone Wars shows and select EU.
I played a few of the older video games,none of the newer ones.
I read a lot of the books as well as some "Young Jedi books" those were pretty cool too.If Sideshow continues to put out EU characters that I know and like,like Thrawn I'll buy them.

The new show reminds me of Pixar meets the Thunderbirds, meets a mish-mash of Lucas nostalgia, & an attempt to 'hip-ify' it all for the 5min attention span Gen-Y audience. :lol

Back