What's your Star Wars canon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What truth do you cling to?

• Movies only

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • Original trilogy only

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Movies + Clone Wars

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Original trilogy + Clone Wars

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Movies, Clone Wars + all EU

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Movies, Clone Wars + selected EU

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • Original trilogy, Clone Wars + all EU

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Original trilogy, Clone Wars + selected EU

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
The Original Trilogy.

I enjoy the CW and parts of the PT, but I can take 'em or leave 'em. I don't even bother with the the EU.

And Boba Fett died a wimpy death in the belly of a giant plant. End of story.

:lol :lol

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know when Boba Fett became such a big deal? I remember having the toys when I was a kid, but don't remember him being such a top tier character until I started collecting as an adult.

I seem to remember really taking my first notice of Fett as an "impotant" character around the time the Tales of the Bounty Hunters was done in the mid 90's. Before then he was just some doucher who fell in a hole, at least to me :dunno

Just the live action flicks.

And Fett is a overrated ****** who fell in a hole, and screaming like a beoch doing so.

OT primarily and PT as long as it doesn't condradict what was established in the OT.

Oh and this for me :lecture

I can enjoy PT enough but don't really care about any of it. It doesn't hold the nostalgia or childhood memories, its mostly meh, minus a few select moments....:dunno

I always remembered him being important but thats just because he felt like the anti-han and i always preferred han to luke....but i was born in 87 so it couldve happened before say 90 when i started watching them.

Yep, PT has some good points and I think could have been somethign special... but the bad can be pretty bad and the overall tone is just not right to me.

I should clarify for the record that I do not count Midichlorians as canon :lecture

I seem to remember really taking my first notice of Fett as an "impotant" character around the time the Tales of the Bounty Hunters was done in the mid 90's. Before then he was just some doucher who fell in a hole, at least to me :dunno

Yeah, that's when I seemed to notice more of a focus on Fett. I mean he clearly had some importance given he was one of the few also made into a 12" figure. But like you I never gave him a lot of thought :huh

I should clarify for the record that I do not count Midichlorians as canon :lecture

:lecture

Could not agree more. In fact, the general outline of Phantom Menace ie blockades and political struggle I can deal with, but the movie is horrible. I do enjoy myself some Maul though.

I really got into the character of Fett and the others from Tales of the Bounty Hunters book.

I'm gonna go with movies + Clone Wars. I don't really have a problem with the story in the prequels (for the most part). It's really just how that story is presented...

But as far as the "history" and all that goes, it generally works for me, although I might gloss over some details here and there (e.g. midichlorians).

I will say though, how they handle the future for Ashoka could change my opinion, if it doesn't work for me I may have to have two levels of canon

OT, PT, Clone Wars and select EU stuff. I only really collect PT and OT but I do have a PF Malgus on order and would consider getting a PF or 1/6 Ahsoka. Her character has kind of grown on me!!

OT, PT, Tartakovsky Clone Wars, and the Republic comic.

Just out of curiosity... does anyone know when Boba Fett became such a big deal? I remember having the toys when I was a kid, but don't remember him being such a top tier character until I started collecting as an adult.

I remember people freaking out that the figure would have a firing rocket, and I want to say that was before the movie came out. It was before I got to see it, anyway.

He was much cooler looking on screen than he was in the ad photo. I think that was the first time I got to see a figure first. At 5 years old, it gave me a new appreciation for how awesome everything on screen actually was.

Yeah, I could see the "rocket-firing" thing being the stuff of legend and giving him an extra bit of a bump.

Replies are divided among young fans, open-minded old fans, and grumpy old men. :monkey3

:lol:peace

b9B6h.jpg

I'm not sure when he became really popular, but I remember him being hard to find at first when the POTF line started up in '95.

I think it's silly to debate which fictional stories are "true."
Just enjoy the stories you enjoy, and ignore the rest.

Voted OT only. I did enjoy some of the books years before the PT came out but it was so long ago I can barely remember anything from them.

I disregard the PT completely. I think TPM is an enjoyable adventure film and I can enjoy it as such because I find it easiest to disconnect it from Star Wars. I like some of the action in AOTC but I can honestly say I don't enjoy anything at all about ROTS, it is awful IMO. And as Clone Wars and a lot of EU draws extensively from the PT its all out the window far as I'm concerned.

Thats just me.

Voted OT only. I did enjoy some of the books years before the PT came out but it was so long ago I can barely remember anything from them.

I disregard the PT completely. I think TPM is an enjoyable adventure film and I can enjoy it as such because I find it easiest to disconnect it from Star Wars. I like some of the action in AOTC but I can honestly say I don't enjoy anything at all about ROTS, it is awful IMO. And as Clone Wars and a lot of EU draws extensively from the PT its all out the window far as I'm concerned.

Thats just me.

X2

Back