Deadpool & Wolverine (July 26th, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t seee these movies attacking white men at all. I remember people freaking out that captain marvel was going to be a hate letter to men tho. It had like 3 jabs towards men but that’s it. Very forgettable movie. Sorry zurdo

She-Hulk idiot actress (her entire interview is a disaster glad she’s gone hire another actress who doesn’t hate her fans. She is literally saying that I suck lol):

When asked, “Were you expecting to face the trolls when you signed on for the show?Maslany responded, “Reading the script, it was so true. There’s so much resistance to a woman just existing in that space of superheroes. There’s always going to be that. I sort of anticipated it. It’s why I also feel it’s important.”

“There’s such an entitlement to space held by certain people, and to even exist as She-Hulk is like a f**k-you, and I love that,” she elaborated.

Last edited:
On a more serious note, what films have actually said that males suck? I know KK has her wonderful inclusive t-shirts and a lot of recent movies have been more women inclusive/progressive/whatever, but show me the dialogue. If certain messages are inferred and some viewers assume they are referring to them, surely that's on the viewer? I'm not as sensitive to this stuff, so maybe it's all loaded with 'you suck' and I just let it pass me by because they aren't talking about me.

72545868_10217756638760472_6167581639875493888_n.jpg

I've never really understood what is meant by 'forcing agendas'.

Marvel, Misogyny and the “M-She-U”

.....In November 2023, Marvel Studios released their latest film, The Marvels. The film featured a trio of all-star heroes: Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel and Monica Rambeau. Leaving aside any binary opinions, the film was a fun sci-fi adventure, with three fantastic characters teaming up. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough for some people. Once again the Marvel fandom was inundated with vocal misogynists, flooding online communities. Comments ranged from mild expressions of boredom, bizarre celebrations over the film being a “flop”, all the way to people pushing a toxic and hostile anti-woman rhetoric.....Sadly, the backlash towards The Marvels isn’t anything new. Phases 4 and 5 have introduced more diverse characters to the MCU, marking an exciting period of expansion and growth. These are huge steps needed to improve a universe which has been largely homogeneous since 2008. It unfortunately makes the MCU an easy target for people who oppose equal representation, and who take to various platforms to voice their offensive opinions....

.....A key theme with misogynistic Marvel fans, and indeed many other forms of bigot, is a lack of understanding. Fans who are unhappy with female characters clearly misunderstand the history of Marvel in spectacular fashion. They’ve volunteered themselves to gatekeep a franchise, but they’ve misinterpreted what they’re protecting. While there are many things they’re wrong about, there are a couple of common arguments which are particularly incorrect. So, please allow me to clear the air by unpacking and myth busting the key arguments made by misogynistic Marvel fans.....

.....Marvel Studios are bringing existing characters into upcoming projects. Plain and simple. These characters have existed for decades in the comics books, so anyone claiming otherwise hasn’t paid attention. It’s why we see outraged tweets claiming that She-Hulk is “making Stan Lee turn in his grave.” Which is delightfully incorrect and incredibly funny. Not only is Stan Lee not turning in his grave, because he was always in favor of equal representation, but he co-created She-Hulk. Jennifer Walters wasn’t created for the MCU, she’s existed since 1979. Decades of history aren’t erased because narrow-minded people bury their heads in the sand.....Also, a wonderful aspect of many heroes is that their title can pass on. Captain America, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Ant-Man, The Wasp - these mantles can all be passed to a new character....The MCU used to center predominantly on a collection of white male heroes. What was the result of this? It was boring, repetitive and incredibly limited. However, phases 4 and 5 have made a concerted effort to include a diverse range of heroes. The end goal is to have a massive collection of heroes sharing the same universe, where there’s room for everyone’s story to be told - just like the comic books. .....The party doesn’t stop just because intolerant people want to scream their outdated opinions online, and their horrible behavior won’t stop anyone else from enjoying The Marvels or any future projects. It’s a community founded on joy and inclusion, not hatred....If a character simply existing is an issue, then that’s your problem to deal with, especially if the character is part of a group that you don’t value or respect off screen. Direct your anger towards characters who are offensive / damaging / culturally insensitive / built on harmful stereotypes, and leave everyone else alone.

If anyone complains about the MCU becoming the M-She-U due to increased appearances from female characters, I have one word in response: FINALLY..... It was already overwhelmingly dull to have a mostly male universe; imagine how much worse it’d be if we saw a mult-he-verse. Gross.....I’m all for the M-She-U. I think the M-She-U is great. I want to see more diversity on screen. I want more people to see themselves represented on the big screen.....Most importantly, I want a fandom which is kind, open-minded and respectful. And if anyone doesn’t want the above statements to be true, I’d recommend they walk away....

https://medium.com/@adam.d.lester17/marvel-misogyny-and-the-m-she-u

That still doesn't explain what the 'agenda' is. Agenda's have an end goal, something to aim for. What are they aiming for? It's not to make bad movies, clearly and I get people giving Disney **** for that, but people don't just criticize the quality, they complain about the aesthetics more so. It all just comes across as conservative soundbites, regurgitated by those who want to hate on stuff and can use ragging on 'the message' and 'the agenda' as an outlet.

It's true, no one complains about strong female leads in good films, but why is there a double standard when it comes to bad films? When a male lead is badly written or a lazy self insert, it's just written off as a bad film with bad writing, but have a badly conceived female lead in a bad film and suddenly 'they're grooming your kids, it's all part of the agenda'. So again, what is this 'agenda'? What are Disney trying to end up with?

I'm actually surprised that Rebel Moon hasn't gotten more **** for being woke, with it being critically panned and having a tough female lead. Maybe Snyder has a bit of leeway with some people.

As far as The Daily Wire content, not even their beloved Carano is safe from the anti-woke warriors, which reiterates my point, it's a bad film but because the lead is a female, it's another woke mob Hollywood film...FROM THE DAILY WIRE! That shows the whole anti-agenda thing is based on BS, they're going after any film that has a hint of not being chock full of straight white guys.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/...l-too-woke-for-some-right-wingers-1234800153/

As far as Snow White, even I will give Disney **** for that! The casting is a dumb move and a case of going too far. You can't always get things right, but the hate for it is immense and I can guarantee, the people who are ******** on it wouldn't have gone to watch it in the first place. They're up in arms about a film they don't even care about! It's just all a part of the rage bait conservative BS to get clicks and views and people drink that **** up and spew it out all over the rest of the internet.

Also Brett Cooper is just Shapiro in drag, no one will convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
She-Hulk idiot actress (her entire interview is a disaster glad she’s gone hire another actress who doesn’t hate her fans. She is literally saying that I suck lol):

When asked, “Were you expecting to face the trolls when you signed on for the show?Maslany responded, “Reading the script, it was so true. There’s so much resistance to a woman just existing in that space of superheroes. There’s always going to be that. I sort of anticipated it. It’s why I also feel it’s important.”

“There’s such an entitlement to space held by certain people, and to even exist as She-Hulk is like a f**k-you, and I love that,” she elaborated.
I think people sometimes forget she's from New Zealand, which is a very Liberal country with a broad sense of humour. A lot of the poor reactions are from people, mostly men, from countries with less... evolved cultural and legal practices when it comes to gender equality.

She's not quite gone yet. I'm hoping She Hulk shows up in Secret Wars.

LOL skipped the debate above, (the irony that its thrust into this thread shouldn't be lost on anyone). I imagine:
We got a movie (possibly the last free of the Disney Storygroup workshop), and thread about two of the most absurdly testosterone fueled, violent, rude, gritty hard boiled, hard bladed, noble bubs, in the comic U: Wolverine and (taking the same to the point of self parody) Deadpool, that everyone unabashedly and unapologetically just wants to see and enjoy.

Insert people complaining, how dare you like what you like and make it popular, why don't you want to see the characters I say you should prefer and want to see, it's your fault they fail. :crying

Meanwhile.... $$$!:lol
8omfvn.gif

Last edited:
The only agenda Marvel should be ditching is the 'Mondrian inspired panel lines' agenda.

panels.jpg

Maslany: Women get a lot of **** thrown at them in certain spaces. So it's nice to say "**** you!"

Jye: Shut up *****!

:lol

I'm curious to see if they address the suit. It still seems so out of place.
Haven't read anything about this film, spoilers, or anything other than the trailer, yet I thought that was the one thing it made plainly obvious, we are dealing with multiple "worlds". Hence multiple variations.
8on4y4.gif

And DP is likely jumping to different worlds to recruit a Wolverine, until he finds one who is apparently so down on himself enough, he will help DP save his own. :lol

Last edited:
Back