whats your #1 grail piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grail would be the life size R2 if I could afford it but I cant.

I guess at this point it would probably be the MOC R2-D2 12 Back.

What does 12 back mean? Does it mean there were 12 figures in the original set and they are all pictured on the back of the card?

And I say if you want a life-sized R2, you should go for it. But you should take a crack at building your own, with all the working bells and whistles. Have you been to a Celebration and seen these things? The guys who build them seem super helpful with the information on how to and costs, etc...

So odd that I just looked up a price for the R2 life-size and found one in Moreno Valley!

Anyway, yeah for $13,500 or $12,000 or best offers, I would definitely build my own if I were so inclined.

So odd that I just looked up a price for the R2 life-size and found one in Moreno Valley!

Anyway, yeah for $13,500 or $12,000 or best offers, I would definitely build my own if I were so inclined.

Thats what I'd llike to do some day, I'm amazed at some of the astromech's people build and I guess my grail would be building my own R4-M6. (and actually having him turn out well) :rotfl

Hey guys, gotta say my favorite piece I'm never selling (its not quite a grail) is my HT mk6 (my last 2) I freaking love this fig, it has the shoulder guns, wrist lasers, forearm missiles, and the heads with the flip up mask with the clean and BD look, and the alternate BD mode, itsvjust a great all encompassing figure

The day I picked him up...

0d3de9f6.jpg

Strangely though its not the be best thing I have by a mile it's my Tony soprano just because of how much it means to me...

tony1q.png

tony3.png

I'm meeting Stan Lee in a week and getting the X-Men no 1 that I got when I was 10 signed so i assume it will be that then. Can;t wait to meet the Man.

What does 12 back mean? Does it mean there were 12 figures in the original set and they are all pictured on the back of the card?

And I say if you want a life-sized R2, you should go for it. But you should take a crack at building your own, with all the working bells and whistles. Have you been to a Celebration and seen these things? The guys who build them seem super helpful with the information on how to and costs, etc...
12 backs are the original star wars cards. Yep the first 12 are shown. There are a bunch of different backs and normally first listed by the number of figures on the back.

I have seen life size r2 that the builders do. I could build one but I am not sure I would want to spend the time but it would be cool to walk in the front door and be greater by R2.

Yeah I saw the eBay one in same city before.

I dont have any pics or a review up but my grail was/ is my custom 1/6 Clark Griswold from Christmas Vacation. Putting that thing together was a nightmare but I finally had him ready just intime to display him for Christmas. I have a regular Vacation clothing set that he is displayed in the rest of the year. I wanted this figure for decades and I finally got him :yess:

I dont have any pics or a review up but my grail was/ is my custom 1/6 Clark Griswold from Christmas Vacation. Putting that thing together was a nightmare but I finally had him ready just intime to display him for Christmas. I have a regular Vacation clothing set that he is displayed in the rest of the year. I wanted this figure for decades and I finally got him :yess:

What!?!?!?! I have to see this, pics please!

I have a lot of sentimental favorites, but since we're talking #1 grail piece-or in this case, pieces-I'm going to have to go with my Kenner Star Wars Micro Collection.

Strangely though its not the be best thing I have by a mile it's my Tony soprano just because of how much it means to me...

tony1q.png

tony3.png

I'm meeting Stan Lee in a week and getting the X-Men no 1 that I got when I was 10 signed so i assume it will be that then. Can;t wait to meet the Man.

That's a cool looking Tony Soprano,which company made him?

Right now its definitely Hot Toys POTC Jack Sparrow DX exclusive.
Before it was Sideshow Collectibles Darth Vader A New Hope exclusive.

tony1q.png

tony3.png

:drool

Mine would still be Bill The Butcher by Rainman right now :)

why do people feel the need to quote HUGE pics over and over?

Would love to see the clark griswold figures they make me smile , such a fool:)
That tony soprano is a custom sculpt from a member off here is'nt it?
I was going to make one last year but funds were tight.
Looks very similar if not.

Back