What would you do if this happened to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthTrafford

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK I had one of my Christmas surprises ruined on Wednesday due to either an Amazon seller or the USPS!
I now know I'm getting the Ghost Rider figure and this is how I know.
This is the box he came in.
IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

I love the foot print in this shot!
IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

The box was on my front step and when I picked it up,the HT box containing GR fell onto the step.
It was wet but it hadn't been raining. I ran inside and opened the HT box,the art box was a little wet but also very cold. I was worried about the figure so I tested his head and put 3 AAA batteries into the bike,both worked.
I know who ever got this for me spent a lot on it,I saw the shipping notice.
I contacted the seller and sent the pics. I hope he gives me some sort of refund,for the shipping.
I'm so pissed!
:mad::gah:

Well it is up to the seller to make sure the product arrives as it was sold. So hope he had insurance. . .

Judging by that boot print, looks like your package got romperstomped by some skinheads.

Just goes to show you can't keep the Spirit of Vengeance all boxed up. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I'd put the pic of the box in a photobucket account and a link to it in the feedback for the seller. Glad GR's in good shape but that ____'s just unacceptable. :monkey1

There is now way any carrier would ship any boxes that are falling apart or look like they will fall apart. Blame this on the delivery company but its the sellers issue in the end.

Oh man. I gasped when I saw the foot print. Maybe a bit over dramatic yes, but that is just bad! I am so sorry your item arrived that beat up! But I am glad it's just the shipper and that the actual item itself is fine. So I am guessing the shipping refund would go to the person who bought it for ya.

Looks like someone definitely stomped on it, at least. It could have happened outside your door before you got home, where someone was hoping to score a small HD TV or laptop, then realized it was a crummy toy and pouted away after wasting their time and energy stomping a mud-hole in your box for naught.

They prob put it down at your door, rested their foot on it and wrote on their paper they carry to say it was delivered at to your door.

There is now way any carrier would ship any boxes that are falling apart or look like they will fall apart. Blame this on the delivery company but its the sellers issue in the end.

Yeah, I'd definitely say the shipping company's fault. But there's nothing that can be done if the sender didn't pay for insurance. But you shouldn't have to eat the cost. I'd make them refund your money.

I sent a package via USPS and it was accepted and made it to my local main PO and then it went missing. I was told without insurance, nothing could be done. Which is ridiculous because it obviously made it to them without question. They are the one who lost it, so how is it my fault? Anyway, I'm out the price that was paid plus the actual item!

Based on my own experience on issues like this, I think the best you can hope for is to make a complaint with the USPS. Make sure you include pictures, write it up in a letter and send it to the appropriate person, and inform them that you are going to plaster the photos on every website you get the chance to.

Despite the condition of the shipping package, if the item is in good shape, nobody will take you seriously on any kind of a refund...at least, that has been my own experience.

If the item is damaged...a refund of the actual price of the item will be your only recourse. But you will lose the cost of shipping and few will support you getting any shipping money back.

It has become the norm that a buyer is required to consider shipping costs as lost money. I hate the idea...but that is how it is.

That is really shocking. If it were me, i'd complain to USPS. I'm wondering though, isnt there a difference between a lost item, that insurance would cover vs quite blatant damage to your item? I had a horrific experience with USPS two xmas's ago. The tracking showed my package at the local post office but it never came. After several visits to the Post Office to determine where my package was it was discovered by the delivery manager...it was sitting on the truck for over a month.

Looks like this guy delivered it

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_wGeErYTl8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_wGeErYTl8[/ame]

Well I have good news,the seller told me it was shipped in perfect condition but felt responsible and issued a full refund for the shipping.
I doubt if I call the USPS I'd get any resolve in the issue or any straight answers.

Back