What was your first Star Wars collectible ..EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took care of my toys... my parents on the other hand. :(

Ouch..that sucks.. My buddy..his mom threw all his stuff out..well no..she gave it to some kid in the neighborhood..which is a nice thing..but still..He had saved all of this stuff from his childhood.

Did you all throw them out or something? I still have every star wars toy from growing up...all in excellent shape( i took care of my toys)
My parents still have a room we lovingly call the "toy room" where we kept all of our stuff and where me and my bro use to play.

I took care of my toys... my parents on the other hand. :(

Yep, that's something a lot of us can blame on our parents. Mine were were really good at tossing stuff, my grandparents were also well known for this, they curbed my mothers mint 52' Gibson electric guitar when I was 10, and even at that age I knew that it wasnt garbage.:monkey2

Like most, i had the toys and the books in my collection. Back in 1995 (or there abouts) i got a pewter Millennium Falcon model from Frankin mint. It was a bit pricey, but i still hold it in high regard today. (Nostagia)

I have teh AT-AT too and as far as i know, they were the only two Star Wars pieces that they released.

Kenner R5-D4, early summer 1979. It was a Friday night, and my parents had taken us out to dinner, and then to Service Merchandise. It was the first time we had been taken to a store to pick out action figures (I was 4, my brother was 3; we had seen the movie about a month before). I got R5 and my brother got R2. They were so shiny. I still have him, but the sticker and silver are in terrible shape. I'll hunt down a MOC some day.

My 1st was a vintage Dewback my mom got me at a garage sale. It looked like a dinosaur too so I was sold.

Strangely enough it wasn't a 3 3/4 figure. It was a 1/6 Lili Ledy R2-D2 (Mexico) in 1979, followed by the 1/6 Vader. I was 7 years old.

Last edited:
1978 or 1978. Kenner Chewbacca for about $1.50. My very first SW toy ever!

Some good memories posted here. My first Star Wars collectible was the ticket stub from the first time I saw the movie on it's original release, still have it. I remember it was so crowded that night that people were actually sitting in the aisles. After that I started collecting the original Topps cards as they came out and I still have every one of them in mostly mint condition, and still collecting today. Oh and I also got one of the movie posters displayed at the local theater from the Manager, my best friends Uncle, once the movie finally stopped playing, but It has been lost for years :(.

My first were the original 12 that came out, I was 4 at the time. C3PO is still buried in Northern Jersey just like Hoffa.

The very first thing would probably be Starlog magazine. There was a quick blurb about The Star Wars movie with a single image of concept art I think.

The 2nd thing was probably the novelization with McQuarrie art on the cover - 1st printing. I read it 7 or 8 times before the movie came out.

For toys - I got the coupon for toys that they came out with for Christmas. They couldn't get the actual figures in the stores in time. And I might be misremembering, but I think part of the coupon was a mail away stand to hold all 12 of the first wave of figures and the stand arrived before I had any of the figures (I think).

As a kid I was into movie posters and stuff (I was a weird kid I guess). So the first thing I got was before the film came out was the movie poster (a real one), a complete lobby card set, and lots of stills from a place in New York City that sold that sort of stuff.

Then the second was probably the Don Post Chewie mask (2nd version, closed mouth).

Third was a trip to makeup artist Rick Baker's house (on a family trip to California) where I got to see some of the Cantina aliens in person and take some photos of them!

Sean

Darth Vader! who else? I have a giant rep mask now, I wish I could go back in time and give a lot of stuff I've got now to my child self, he would have went nuts at all the stuff I've managed to track down in adult life.

I remember in 1978, I was 8 years old and my grandmother took me to a store in NJ called Two Guys and she bought me a Kenner 3 3/4" C-3P0 and the GREASE record album! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Wow! My first Star Wars collectible also came from Two Guys! I got the only Kenner figure that was on the pegs, Luke Skywalker...there was a huge disply, but only one lone Luke. Still have him to this day, even has the tip intact on his lightsaber.

Not my first collectibles but very early for me.

starwarsbirthday.jpg

The first figures I remember buying in a store was a Darth Vader and an Ugnaught. That was a good day.

Back