What was your first Star Wars collectible ..EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1978 my 7th birthday.
My Grandmother had baked me a cake and used the Kenner R2-D2, C-3PO and Luke Skywalker as the decorations.
From that day I was hooked.
I also think they bought me the Escape from the Death Star game around that time as well.

Last edited:
A little off subject but I had a BIG head Han, while my best friend at the time, Peter, had the small head Han... I was so damn jealous. I'd look at his and think "now that's what Han should look like!"... Anyone else get stuck with a big head Han?

I was 8 years old. I bought a loose Kenner 3 3/4" Boba Fett from a fellow classmate for slightly more than a US dollar.

R2-D2 and an opened Stormtrooper missing the blaster from K-Mart in 1977. I got the Death Star playset that Christmas. I still have my Death Star.

My first SW collectible ever was...

The SW Early Bird Certificate Package of Christmas, 1977.

ebkit-catalog.jpg

I was excited to get it but EXTREMELY disappointed that there were no figures! :mad:

It seemed to take FOREVER to receive but the day finally came when the mailman delivered Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, R2-D2 & Chewie. :D

A 3 3/4" Darth Vader. I remember thinking he was a good guy 'cause I had not seen the movie yet. He looked the coolest so that made him a good guy in my mind. I was not quite 6 when the movie came out.:lol:lol

A 3 3/4 Darth Vader and Stormtrooper. The ones that I liked the most though were the 12in Vader, Han and Boba from Christmas 1979.

I wasn't old enough to appreciate Star Wars when if first came out, but by the time Empire Strikes Back was released, I was in the game. The first Star Wars toy that I owned that I can vividly remember was the "Die Cast Millenium Falcon".

theearthtoys_2093_350056828.jpg

In fact, I still own this toy to this day, and it sits right on top of my stereo, right beside my computer...

For my first birthday, my grandparents bought me a stuffed/plush Chewbacca. I remember finding it in 83 or 84 or so when I was starting elementary school and being sad that I had chewed Chewbacca's nose off and his fur had dried glue in it.

I wasn't old enough to appreciate Star Wars when if first came out, but by the time Empire Strikes Back was released, I was in the game. The first Star Wars toy that I owned that I can vividly remember was the "Die Cast Millenium Falcon".

theearthtoys_2093_350056828.jpg

In fact, I still own this toy to this day, and it sits right on top of my stereo, right beside my computer...

I had one of those too.. it was pretty cool. Dang I wish I still had them. :(

in '78...my dad brought home the 3 3/4'' vader and chewie for me and luke and leia for my sister.

A 3 3/4" Darth Vader. I remember thinking he was a good guy 'cause I had not seen the movie yet. He looked the coolest so that made him a good guy in my mind. I was not quite 6 when the movie came out.:lol:lol

Well you you were on to something, because they eventually made him a good guy 20 years later, if only for a while.:D

The first ones I was ever given were the Kenner Luke, 3PO and (what I remember as) a wind up R2-D2. I think memory is playing tricks on the last one though as I can't find anything about it. The first things I got on my own though were likely the micromachines 3 packs that came out. Then the bend ems.

Back