What was your first Star Wars collectible ..EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I remember in 1978, I was 8 years old and my grandmother took me to a store in NJ called Two Guys and she bought me a Kenner 3 3/4" C-3P0 and the GREASE record album! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'm not 100% sure as my brother was a few years older (he was born in '72) and SW figures were always in our house when I was growing up, and sometimes were hand-me-downs.

But the first figure I clearly remember being just for me was the Kenner Wampa. Got it for Xmas when it was still a new toy, still one of my favorites :rock :rock :rock

I know the first group of 3 3/4 figures I had were Luke, Han and Chewbacca so it was one of those 3. I wish I still had all those but I think the parents tossed them. :(

Although it makes me weep...

I was seven in '77

Totally hooked on Star Wars from day 1.

As a treat, once a week my mum took me to the local toy shop and I could buy 1 figure.

My first 12 purchases where the original ANH 12 back figures.

All ripped off the cards, mercilessly played with, and ultimately lost.

:vader Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was just a wee lad at the time, so don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure it was the cards out of Wonder Bread. It was either that or the 3 pack polybagged reprints of the comics. I know I had some stuff before the figures came out. The first figures we got were the Early Bird set. It's all downhill from there.:D

ANH luke and artoo, both bought when they first came out. I still have them, though they are very worn. Luke still hass the yellow bit on the end of his lightsabre though, I have no idea how it survived. The first actual collectible item I bought as an adult was a 70mm film frame in one of those acylic cases.

I was just a wee lad at the time, so don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure it was the cards out of Wonder Bread. It was either that or the 3 pack polybagged reprints of the comics. I know I had some stuff before the figures came out. The first figures we got were the Early Bird set. It's all downhill from there.:D

:lol :lol I forgot about polybagged comics... used to be great to pick up a pack of 3 comics :rock

All ripped off the cards, mercilessly played with, and ultimately lost.

:vader Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thats what we did. I am so glad I grew up in an era where toys were toys and not savings plans. We beat the hell out of our figures and loved every minute of it.

The only thing I can remember is that I did not see Star Wars at the cinema. My folks were not sci fi fans... but I remember going in to the local toy shop every week hoping to see if there were any new ones... so happy, I used to dream of the toy shop and I would find figures hidden away that no one else had!! a simple life :)

As for the first one... Han and Luke.... and my addiction has never stopped....

It's funny I can't remember which ones were the first ones I got. It was when they first came out in 78 (I was 5). I think it was Luke and maybe Han and Threepio. But I know I also got the landspeeder at the same time too, so it was a nice little grouping.

And really its because we weren't treating them like collectibles (rather the toys that they were) that they are so valuable now.

That's one of the reasons I always thought the rabic MOSC Hasbro collectors were so funny... if everyone treats them like a collectible then they end up being worthless :lol Only way to increase the value of those things is to open 99% of them up :lecture

And really its because we weren't treating them like collectibles (rather the toys that they were) that they are so valuable now.

That's one of the reasons I always thought the rabic MOSC Hasbro collectors were so funny... if everyone treats them like a collectible then they end up being worthless :lol Only way to increase the value of those things is to open 99% of them up :lecture

True, my 3.75 " figures were buried in dirt for days, frozen in cups of water in the freezer, pulled from the dogs mouth, my Lando figure disappeared once and i found him a FULL year later in the christmas tree box! :rotfl

My first memory was a Kenner Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi with no head, a Landspeeder, and Rock N' Roll from GI JOE that I used as a Ben since he had a beard. They were my olders brothers but they let me play with them.

Back