What was your first Star Wars collectible ..EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, my 3.75 " figures were frozen in cups of water in the freezer

Oh man I wish I would have thought of that, what a cool idea. :)

I also remember my first "big" purchase with my own money... the landspeeder (which was like $7.) And one year for x-mas my grandpa sent my brother and I cards with 30 Susan B Anthony dollar coins glued in them. I used some of my money for the 12" Stormtrooper.

For Christmas '77 when I was six, I got a Star Wars Puzzle, since there were no figures yet. Been ADDICTED ever since! :D

PU00162.JPG

Still got it! :cool:

Or maybe the red bordered cards came first???

LargeImage.jpg

2806_jpg.jpg

Or maybe the stickers from the cereal premiums?

frankenberry-ca-250-f.jpg

frankenberry-ca-250-b.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man I wish I would have thought of that, what a cool idea. :)

I also remember my first "big" purchase with my own money... the landspeeder (which was like $7.) And one year for x-mas my grandpa sent my brother and I cards with 30 Susan B Anthony dollar coins glued in them. I used some of my money for the 12" Stormtrooper.

My favorite toy HAD to be the Millennium Falcon playset, which in the day sold for $25 , which was a lot of scratch back then. I was so happy to get it one Christmas, I played the hell out of that thing. Ahh good, simple times.....You know, now that I think of it.... the Falcon was almost like it's own character in the OT, I wish there had a been a ship like that in the PT. Oh well....

Logray the Ewok figure... believe it or not I found it hidden in the sand at the beach... I was very little 2 or 3 years old... :D

My first memory was a Kenner Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi with no head, a Landspeeder, and Rock N' Roll from GI JOE that I used as a Ben since he had a beard. They were my olders brothers but they let me play with them.

Don't know how many farmboy Luke's we went through with broken heads. My mom became an expert in gluing the damn things back on :lol

I had a lot of the original figures, I remember I had about 4 or 5 Nien Numbs, as well as multiple Han Solo's and Emperors. Didn't get back into it again til Hasblow's POTF figures in 1995.

My first was the ATAT driver, I'd selected IG88 got to the counter & there was no price sticker, my mum told me to pick another so it was the ATAT driver. hooked ever since. I still have all my original figures & the card backs

Saw these at a local toy store in winter of 1995 and my heart dropped. For years, all I saw was stupid bendies SW stuff and I couldn't believe I was actually seeing these. Bought them with my christmas cash on the spot and never looked back.
potflukeshort.jpg

POTF2xwingboxfr.jpg

Wow, hard for me to remember... I was born in '77, so it was probably a ROTJ figure or POSSIBLY a ESB one (maybe Bespin Han?)... but even then, I would have been five or six the first time I got it.

I distinctly remember my first GI Joe, but it seems like the SW stuff just came in an avalanche, I honestly have no idea. I got heavy into the Joe stuff after SW started to die down a bit in '84, so the very first ones (Hawk w/MMS) stand out a bit more, I guess.

I didn't get into Star Wars until 1979/1980 and I bought all the figures I could find along with the Landspeeder and Millenium Falcon.

My first Star Wars toys were the Galoob Millennium Falcon playset, Hoth Playset, and Death Star Playset from the Micromachine line.

56308f5_27.jpeg

microhoth.jpg

microstarwars.jpg

Don't know how many farmboy Luke's we went through with broken heads. My mom became an expert in gluing the damn things back on :lol

I remember a few of those. And I remember when my friend got the "big head" Han Solo... that was funny.

Back