What was your first Star Wars collectible ..EVER?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my first ever Star Wars collectible on my 6th B-Day and it was an AT-AT Driver in 3 3/4 Inch...I think I still have it somewhere in my Kids Toybox....

My first Star Wars item was the 1st issue of the UK Marvel Star Wars comic. It has to be my first because when I saw loads of kids buying the comic in the newsagent I had no idea what Star Wars was.

I spent the money I was supposed to use to buy the evening paper (which I always bought on the way home from school). And when I returned home with a comic instead of the paper I was told off, and still vividly remember reading the comic with a mixture of wide-eyed wonder and guilt!

My very 1st figure was the 12'' R2D2 in 1980...Still have it...but not in the shape of his glory days...

Last edited:
I remember in '78 my friend Travis showing me the first four (Luke, Leia, Chewie and Artoo) on the playground at school. I was seven. I asked where he got them and he said he mailed away for them from the back of a comic book. Wonder if he meant the "early bird" kit?

Anyway, three days before my eighth birthday I went to the local toy store with my Mom. I ran in while she parked the car. The toy store owner told me he didn't have them but when my Mom came in and asked the same question he brought out the display with the first 12 (minus the Jawa) from behind the counter. He was kind of a jerk as I remember. Oh well. I was allowed to choose two (Vader and Stormie) and look around the store. Well, while I was in the back she bought almost all the different characters and some vehicles! I remember on my birthday morning opening a landspeeder with a carded Luke taped to the box. Man, I didn't want to go to school that day. Each of my Sisters gave me a droid, my Bro gave me Han, Grandma gave me Ben etc. Good times and GREAT memories!

Being a bit of an old Git , I remember my 10th birthday in 76 and someone bought me a paperback novel . "Star Wars" or something ! This was a few months before the film was released and as I read it I had no idea what any of the characters, ships etc looked like . Then the Marvel comic came out and I could put pictures to the things I had been reading about . And this was still before the release of the film! :lol

As far as I remember it was a Lego set when I was, five or six years old.
It was the "Escape Pod" with R2 and 3PO.
I remeber that I was that I was doubting wich one of the two lego sets I would buy.
The Desert Skiff:
51Kc%2BO2D1QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Or the Escape Pod:
sw_lego_7106.jpg

Then My father said that I should take the escape Pod because of the unique figures. I agreed with him and took the Escape Pod :D

The Marvel comics and the Topps cards set - both from the late seventies (I was around ten). I then got two lightsabers through an ad in the comics. The lightsabers (more like these thin, long, hollow plastic tubes) were screwed on to the top of flashlights for extra (meaning super-cheap) nighttime lighting effect. Sadly, the moment the lightsabers hit another another, the pieces fell apart.... lol. I wonder if anyone else bought those plastic lightsabers deals.

Not my first collectibles but very early for me.

starwarsbirthday.jpg

The first figures I remember buying in a store was a Darth Vader and an Ugnaught. That was a good day.

This pic is awesome, we had the best years as children of the 80's.

As far as I remember it was a Lego set when I was, five or six years old.
It was the "Escape Pod" with R2 and 3PO.
I remeber that I was that I was doubting wich one of the two lego sets I would buy.
The Desert Skiff:
51Kc%2BO2D1QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Or the Escape Pod:
sw_lego_7106.jpg

Then My father said that I should take the escape Pod because of the unique figures. I agreed with him and took the Escape Pod :D

This post does make me feel a tad old balls.

Vintage 3.75 in. Hoth Luke and Vintage 3.75 in. Darth Vader loose in little plastic baggies with what looked like Kenner-design cardboard stapled to the tops in ... I'm guessing summer of 92 or 93 at a toy store called Toyrarium at the Jersey shore. Would have been seven or eight. Managed to find about 10 vintage figures before POTF came out in 95.

Vintage leia, han Solo big head and luke & ben, with my pocket money I'd saved. Later it became a weelkly thing, my mum always took me to work with her (she was an office cleaner) and after we would go into a store in Sunderland 'Josephs' long gone now sadly, but a hell of a shop. For the next few years I bought nothing else.
Still have them today all in mint condition. Played with them carefully.

I honestly can't remember, I was starting to get into Star Wars shortly before Episode I came out, the only Star Wars thing I remember getting at that time was an R2-D2 rocket kit.

But I was never into the action figures.

This was mine (the original, in December 77). Still remember my mom finding it at the Sears store in Cumberland Mall:

ebkit-front.jpg

ebkit-catalog.jpg

If I limit my list to '77 I think it would look something like the following

Very first would be:

Topps bubble gum cards.

Kenner R2 and Luke, XWing. MPC Xwing, Falcon, R2D2. "The Force Beam" knockoff lightsaber.

The SW soundtrack with foldout poster

I still have most of this stuff.

this was my first star wars figure! got it for my birthday way back when I was about 5 or 6 from my older brother :) we had watched the whole OT for the first time that year and ROTJ Luke has been my favorite Luke look since then

444165614_3eb69a83fc.jpg

Back