What was your first GI JOE toy???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first figure...

straight arm short fuze...

IMG_6183.jpg

My first 3 3/4 ARAH was Torpedo, but with in a few days I had wound him around and broke his rubber band. So, we took him back to the store and I got Duke. :lol

torpedo.jpg

duke.jpg

It's funny to think how exchanges even worked back then in the stores, oh the days of never leaving home are here wit da interwebs!!!!

My first Joe was the straight arm Breaker. I remember I was about 10 and I was trying to grow up and not want toys anymore, especially because I went overboard with all the SW stuff. I picked Breaker because I thought he came with cool gear. After that, I slowly started getting a figure here and there, like Stalker and the motorcycle, and Clutch and the Jeep. My older cousin went nuts with the line, and had the huge playsets like the HQ base and jet.

I remember a department store in our area (Burdines in Dadeland Mall in Miami) had an enormous display in '82 when they first came out, with all the figures and vehicles posed in a diorama. I was drooling over the line, and eventually I caved and got Breaker.

I petered out around '84 or so. One of my last figures was Stormshadow. I got him and the Cobra white glider thing.

I will say that my first RAH figure was the original Snake Eyes release.

I was like 17 years old when I bought him, too. He was a very cool figure.

Back