What was your 1st 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The term 1/6 has only been around for a few years. There's a pretty big difference btw 12 INCH and 1/6TH.

GI JOE, STEVE AUSTIN, EARLY MEDICOM RAH=12 INCH
SIDESHOW, HOT TOYS, DRAGON=1/6

Huh??

Steve Austin is around 13" tall. This is 1/5 scale

12" scale is 1/6 scale based on the fact that 1/6 of 6' = 12 inches. 6' has become the standard for height with the advent of Mattel's Ken.

:lecture It's all in the math.

12" Buffy (with red leather jacket)
Bought it from Oluf as soon as he opened his internet ebay store.

Have had three 12"ers at the most - are back to only the Buffy now again

But if we are talking statues, not action figures, it was the LOTR Galadhrim Archer from SideshowWeta :love

12" scale is 1/6 scale based on the fact that 1/6 of 6' = 12 inches. 6' has become the standard for height with the advent of Mattel's Ken.

1/6 is actually a tad bigger than 12 inches. Stand Ken next to a Sideshow or Hot Toys and he'd be dwarfed. Ken would not be considered a 1/6 figure. Neither would Action Man, GI Joe Adventurers, or my Saved by the Bell Screech doll, even though they all measure 'round 12 inches, they aren't truly 1/6 scale.

12" in 1/6th scale is six feet. Sideshow male figures are about 12 1/4" making the 6'3" tall when converted to 1/1st. Ken is an average height kind guy in 1/6th. Dragon standard bodies are just under 12" and come close to 6' converted to 1/1st. The 11" to 11 1/2" figures made by Medicom and Hasbro are short, but still 1/6th scale. All these figures are 1/6th scale.

To show that I'm pretty new to all this - my first 1/6th was the amazing Takara Batman - expensive, but worth every penny

2944038490100593261S600x600Q85.jpg

It was early-mid 70's, so it was either a Mego Planet of The Apes figure, The Lone Ranger, Evil Kneivel or Six Million Dollar Man.

:rock

My first 1/6 or 12" figure was the original Kenner Indiana Jones figure as a kid. Sadly being a kid I beat the snot out of it... :monkey2

Mego 12" Incredible Hulk with Fly Away Action, got him on my 9th birthday in 1987.
When I was 8 a friend of mine had a Marvel Star Wars comic with a Mego advertisement for 12" action figures based on comic book characters. As a child the Hulk was my favorite so I had my grandmother mail away for one. Being only 8 I wasn't aware that the advertisement was 10 years old and by that time Mego had gone under.
So I waited all summer for the figure until it arrived in late September, on my birthday no less. With this beautiful figure was a note from the manufacturer stating their surprise at receiving the order considering the warehouse was closed but that they had one figure left - a 12" Incredible Hulk with Fly Away Action.
It has only been within the last 10 years that I realised how lucky I was to have received this figure, considering the Fly Away Action feature was something Mego came up with for the first Superman movie starring Christopher Reeve. That told me just how old this figure really was.
Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share a memory that to this day really makes me feel special.

Well if we are going back to childhood I had GI Joe, Mike Power the Atomic Man, Captain Action with the cool superhero costumes (these were actually my brothers that I inherited) my favorites were Captain America and Aquaman accessories. We had the GI Joe's helicopter and undersea adventure set with the stinky rubber octopus. Johnny West, Zeb Zachery, Sam Cobra, and Geronimo as well as Odus and Eric the Vikings.
While not 12" or 1/6 I had an extensive mego 8" collection with Captain America as my favorite and Shazam a close second. I also had the star trek mego collection along with the enterprise with the spin around transporter. Action Jackson was another cool line with tons and tons of accessory packs, we even had the jungle tree house. Evel Kneivel with his stunt cycle, Big Jim with muscle band action, as well as Big Josh and Big Jack. Six Million Dollar Man, Maskatron and Big Foot.
Recently a toy store opened up near me carrying vintage toys and I was forced to realize just how cheesy most of these toys were, not that they didn't get the job done back then.

Last edited:
My first 1/6 figure was the City Of Angel-Angel exclusive. But it was not the last.

I have no idea what my VERY first 1/6 figure was, but my first Sideshow 1/6 figure was their first 12" Frankenstein's Monster figure (color). I think I bought it at Toys R Us of all places! :lol I've been collecting Sideshow ever since.

Back