What was your 1st 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was some wierd figure, can't remember who it was, that I got at Service Merchandise when I was about 7. He had black legs and a clear chest plate that showed his inerds.

As a faux adult my first one was a custom Keaton Batman.

That was Pulsar's enemy Hypnos. A pretty rare figure even back then. Technically, he was a 1/5 scale figure.

https://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/pulsar/

why do people keep saying that GI Joe's used to be 1/6 scale...that's crazy. :)

well my first 1/6 ever (not counting the 1/6 Dwight D. Eisenhower my mom bought to display only in my room when I was a kid) would be a hasbro Han my mom found on clearance and bought for me like 5 years ago.(mom's the best)

SS Ep III Obi was my first "higher end" 1/6 fig besides a few hasbros. man, that brings back some memeories of SS site back in Jan 2006 when I first saw it (confusing as hell site back then) and trying to understand what a PF was. ha, ha. Vader PF was my second purchase the next day after preordering Obi.

Back in the day in the `70's. Ooh that hurt's... Feeling old. :monkey2I had a Captain James T. Kirk, a Lone Ranger and I suppose they where G.I Joe's but here they where called Big Jim. A western character called Old Hand Luke or something and a villian (or hero) with shaved head ,a steel hand and a tatoo over his chest, came with a breakable pipe that you could chop in two with the karate chopping action with a button in his back and a steel band that you could break by flexing his biceps.

Later it was Horizon's 1/6 vinyl kits that got me into this scale. Have them all still displayed. And Buffy and the 3 Gentlemen set got me into Sidehow.

My first 1/6 figure was the Kenner Masterpiece Darth Vader. The first one, before the talking one.

My first Sideshow 1/6 was Red Death. And he's the ONLY figure who has never been rotated out of display.

I never had any 1/6 figures as a kid. (I did have a few Megos figures from Planet of the Apes though.) My first 1/6 figure (ever) was bought about a year ago from Sideshow. That memorable day I received General Ursus and Caesar. I was hooked... I now have to many to count! Isn't this hobby wondeerful?!

pulsar-2.jpg

Yeah I had that dude too.I had to take apart like stretch armstong to see how he ticked.The blood pumping was a cool effect.

My first 12" was Adventure scuba Joe back in the 70's .I remember like it was yesterday seeing Jaws in the theater.My grandfather buying this at the store for me, and rushing home to our pool to play out Hooper (cause he had the beard) hunting down my 1/6 Great White Shark.

AHHH....those were the "good ole" days

Not a care in the world (other than going into the ocean for awhile) and days seemed to last forever :monkey2

GIJoeMBhighVoltageScuba.jpg

Gotta Love that 70's fuzz

GIJoeBlondBeard.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Does anyone here remember Major Matt Mason?

I had these alien guys from his line. Loved them when I was a kid. I think it might have been the first thing I desperately collected.

colorforms1.jpg

My first ever 12" figure was none other than the Six Million Dollar Man himself, Steve Austin.

Yeah I had him as well, and have him again. I found one in mint condition in the box at an estate auction about a year ago. Got him and the Bionic woman, cost me $5 total. He's actually about 14 inches tall and hovers over the sideshow figs.

I'd have to say my first 12" er was the old Mego Batman or Spiderman one, I had all the smaller size ones but as a huge Batman fan I had to have the 12" version too.

Modern for me would be my Indiana Jones custom I made about 6 years ago, or the Dragon Danger Girls figures

Does anyone here remember Major Matt Mason?

I had these alien guys from his line. Loved them when I was a kid. I think it might have been the first thing I desperately collected.

colorforms1.jpg

Those aren't Matt mason figures although they bare similarities to that line. They were made by, get this, Colorforms. I had a few of them, they each represented a different planet in our solar system.
I had Major Matt Mason, Sgt. Storm, the moonbase space station and crawler and some misc. accessory sets. One of the great toys of the era. I was nuts for anything that involved space travel. Come to think of it, I still am.

Those aren't Matt mason figures although they bare similarities to that line. They were made by, get this, Colorforms. I had a few of them, they each represented a different planet in our solar system.
I had Major Matt Mason, Sgt. Storm, the moonbase space station and crawler and some misc. accessory sets. One of the great toys of the era. I was nuts for anything that involved space travel. Come to think of it, I still am.

Yes, that's them. Colorforms! You're right. (8 figures representing the other planets) But there was some kind of tie-in with Matt Mason wasn't there? If not, every kid I knew just used them with their Matt Mason so I assumed they were connected somehow.

Pulsar, Big Jim and the Six Million Dollar Man were not 1/6...they still aren't. :lol

BTW, the Venusian in the gold armor is missing his wings.

And speaking of missing from Wikipedia:

Torpedofist was not part of the original P.A.C.K. Neither was Dr Steel. Initially Dr Steel was the only villain.

The Lazervette was also part of the Blitz-rig set which included the Howler dirtbike.

501488741_d4d0f5c7fa.jpg

Custom 1/6 in progress.

Last edited:
The term 1/6 has only been around for a few years. There's a pretty big difference btw 12 INCH and 1/6TH.

GI JOE, STEVE AUSTIN, EARLY MEDICOM RAH=12 INCH
SIDESHOW, HOT TOYS, DRAGON=1/6

I know we all love waxing nostalgic, but the stuff from the 70's really isn't 1/6 scale. Neither is my Hammer doll, but don't tell him that.

The term 1/6 has only been around for a few years. There's a pretty big difference btw 12 INCH and 1/6TH.

GI JOE, STEVE AUSTIN, EARLY MEDICOM RAH=12 INCH
SIDESHOW, HOT TOYS, DRAGON=1/6

Huh??

Steve Austin is around 13" tall. This is 1/5 scale

12" scale is 1/6 scale based on the fact that 1/6 of 6' = 12 inches. 6' has become the standard for height with the advent of Mattel's Ken.

Back