What was your 1st 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1999 I bought the Hasbro Obi Wan for my newborn son. When he was old enough it became his favorite toy.
I purchased several of the Sideshow Universal monsters for my brother but my first was Connor MacLeod.

My first ever 12" figure was none other than the Six Million Dollar Man himself, Steve Austin. He had the bionic action arm that could lift objects and the eye that you could look through to see far away objects (although I think mine had a lens that was reversed cuz the only way objects

That was mine too, way back in '76. Before that it'd been 9" Lone Ranger, GI Joe etc, and the smaller Mego Action Jackson and Superheroes.

Twenty years later the new Hasbro 12" Star Wars got me back into it. And my first Sideshow figure was a Pierce Brosnan James Bond.

I remember I had this one figure... where you push the button in his back and you see a liquid pump through his see-through chest.... it was a superhero of some sort, but I can't remember.

1992, G.I. Joe Duke by Hasbro.

duke2_front.jpg

I HAD 2....

THIS GUY:

mutant-freaks6.jpg

AND THIS ONE:

hulk.jpg

AND THIS WAS MY 1ST SIDESHOW FIGURE:

SideShow_EvilAsh.jpg

I remember I had this one figure... where you push the button in his back and you see a liquid pump through his see-through chest.... it was a superhero of some sort, but I can't remember.

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT PULSAR...I HAD HIM TOO.

pulsar-2.jpg

Wow!
Amazing pics!
Thanks guys.

I had three Madelman figures as a little kid in Brasil: a 2001 astronaut (silver suit), a Scuba Diver and a Soldier Medic or radio operator way back in 73-75.

I also had Mego's Black Knight, Sir Launcelot, Sir Galahad (well, Launcelot and Galahad were my brother's) and the Mummy. (I always wanted to get the Star Trek figures, but alas, no such luck).

My first 1/6 scale was the blond (bearded) G.I.Joe, I'm quite sure he was a pilot (with an orange overall). My brother had the soldier with the black beard. Next one I got was the Atomic Man, that one was fun.

After that I got a whole bunch of brazilian G.I. Joe's (they were called Falcon and had that godawful muscular body). The last Action Man/G.I. Joe I got was an english Action Man in the early 80's, really nice figure.

Then nothing until the advent of Dragon, when I got Hans sometime in 2000 for 70 dollars! Then I got a whole bunch of soldiers (almost 70 I think), until Hot Toys, Sideshow and Medicom decided to ruin me by releasing the coolest toys ever...

Now I'm down to around 50 soldiers (all WWII) and a growing collection of aliens, colonial marines, predators and SW figures. :D

1'st 1/6- Action Man- pre gripping hands (G.I.Joe to our US cousins).
I then got back into 1/6 collecting many, many years later when Hasbro released their SW 'collectors' range, I bought Han, Luke, Ben and Vader in one hit, from then on it's been a downward spiral!
1'st time I spent over $50 on a single figure was the ZMDC camo trooper-
DaJoint ZMDC- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042205b.htm
1'st SST- Frankensteins Monster
1'st Medi- Neo + Trinity bought together-
Medicom Trinity- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_060305b.htm
Medicom Neo- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050605b.htm
1'st HT- Eric So's James Dean- Hot Toys James Dean-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112904b.htm
And my all time fave at this moment in time is the AvP Alien, not the best movie ever but the figure has given me the closest thing to what I've wanted all these years (for me it's gotta be the smooth head ya see!)

Sean Connery 007 from Dr. No was my 1st Sideshow--I got him 'round 2002. I bought the Skynet Duke Togo in 2001 in Tokyo, but he's not really an official 1/6 scale figure, but still cool as hell.

Action Man Im guessing when I was 7- 8 years old (dont have him now unfortunately)

As for Sideshow figure

Had a butt load ordered when I first started collecting

but probably delivered 1st was General Ursus

R Lee Ermy as a gift from my wife in like 2003. Never knew Sideshow or anything until Jedi Luke came out. Then I was like oh thats the same company that made Ermy.

My first as a kid was a Action Man RAF pilot, then as an adult i got the Evil Dead Ash. Did'nt really start collecting them until Jedi Luke.

My first 1/6th figure was either the 6 million dollar man, or a G.I. Joe with the real hair back when I was a kid. I've always liked the 1/6th scale and can remember having many figures growing up. My all time favotire was the original Boba Fett from kenner that I got for christmas when I was 10. Man I played with that thing until the hands fell off.

captainaction303.jpg

The Captain was my first, then some 30 years later, I bought Sideshow's Frankenstein.

Looks like the Captain had at least two recruits. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Ash was my first Sideshow figure... however that Frankenstein was VERY tempting. :D

Last edited:
GI Joe Action Sailor in 1965. It was a birthday gift and I recieved a carded underwater demolition set (SCUBA) at the same time. Ruined my life as I've been playing with 1/6th figures (again) for the last fifteen or so years. I loved that GI Joe.
First Sideshow 1/6th was the first "The Frankenstein Monster" figure. Still one of, if not the best headsculpt in the Universal Monsters line. Costuming has improved, but I doubt I'll ever see a better sculpt on a general release action figure. I've picked up a few more of the UM's since.

It was some wierd figure, can't remember who it was, that I got at Service Merchandise when I was about 7. He had black legs and a clear chest plate that showed his inerds.

As a faux adult my first one was a custom Keaton Batman.

I really can't remember which was my first 1/6 figure. I think it was the Cap, but it could have been GIJ or even Bond!.

It is an interesting experience seeing all eras of a history.

Technically though, SS did not start out in 1/6 AFs. The original scale their action figures were made in was a 12.5" scale...the same as the Gilbert James Bond series. Also the same scale as the Mego Bond series.

The really interesting aspect of which is that all scales that were not 12.5" Bonds failed. Mattel and Palitoy proved this.

SS heads still reflect that size. :D

Last edited:
Back