What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways, I don't necessarily need a reveal, I just want to be assured that they will eventually make PT figures.

Its in the morning this year, before Hasbro SW instead of after like previous years. It might even be before the SW literature panel this year cant remember. Its still on there though.

Sideshow has NEVER spoken about HT releases during their portion of the program however. Their reveals have been getting weaker and weaker at the panels.. not even showing things that are on the floor. Last year was all about Maul, Carbonite Han (which they showed nothing about) and the Bounty Hunters.

Hot Toys does not have a presence at the panel which sucks. Even questions about HT stuff that were asked were given incorrect answers (someone asked about Poe and they said if we check out the booth we will be happily surprised. A bunch of us went down to the booth right after the panel thinking there was a late reveal. When we asked the booth staff they said there is no Poe, nor one even hinted at and were kind of rude about it).

thanks for the info (i checked the schedule and assume it is the vaguely worded "Collectibles Update" at 10 am)... i do remember the dude speaking of the "surprise" last year... i chalked it up to must have "heard him wrong"... i do agree the panel has gotten a lot weaker as the years have gone on... there wasn't even a line last year... i thought perhaps it finally faded away...

Eh, Jabba is one of the biggest characters (no pun intended) in the trilogy. I can't see how they pass up the opportunity to make him. The Chinese love Tarkin but don't love Jabba? I think the reveal of characters like the Death Star Gunner and Tarkin indicate they're planning to go deeper than most of us thought.

I also feel Jabba is a core character.

That said, HT has yet to prove they will do aliens... let alone a gigantic slug.

Judgment is out until HT provides at least one SW alien (that's not counting Chewbacca for the autistic among us).

If Jabba and Greedo are in the young Solo movie, HT will make them. They may be slightly different from the OT versions, but they'll be much closer than the cheesy Prequels versions were.

No idea how people think a HT Jabba would be $250-300 though - my guess he'd be in the $400 range, and then there's the throne. In the OT he's never not on his throne, and that's gonna be another $250+, so a HT Jabba with throne would have to be almost in the HT Delorean price range.

People seem to wish he'd have an articulated rubbery tail but HT has had a pretty bad record with rubber, so I almost would rather it just be hard plastic like the SSC one so there's no problems down the track. He's really not a fig that needs much articulation (unless he's seen in action in the Solo movie.)

I'm really just wanting the ultra-real eyes and ultra-detailed sculpt, but given HT's middling record with SW sculpts, there's no guarantee a HT Jabba would be a bullseye sculpt-wise.

Im going to take a wild stab in the dark at something we'll see at sdcc that we haven't seen or heard about. I'm think we might see lando ESB and krennic RO. If lando doesn't appear at comic con it will sometime before the han solo movie hits.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So here I go....

Should be's
Lando Cloud City
Han Bespin

Will be's
Snoke ( or some reveal from TLJ , guarantee to start the hype train for the film)
Emperor

Pipe Dream
Tusken Raider on BANTHA
Rancor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's not on his throne in his sail barge, is he? They bring that whole throne on the barge?

:lol

Correct, on the barge he sits on a big cushion:

tumblr_nm8s0xHvfa1u6igpho1_500.jpg

I agree, last time (VII) only Hasbro was able to show a Stormtrooper at SDCC but nobody else had any TFA stuff. Feel like it was pretty similar with Rogue One--they had Jyn I think.

He's not on his throne in his sail barge, is he? They bring that whole throne on the barge?

What I mean is he has a podium/platform/alcove the whole time in ROTJ - you don't see him "free" and standing out on his own. The PT and SE Jabbas are so visually different from the ROTJ version they really aren't comparable in terms of a 1/6 figure.

But yeah, most of his throne did seem to travel with him to the sail barge - that huge curved railing thing, hookah pipe and glass bowl are all there on the sail barge. I guess it muddies the definition of exactly what constitutes his "throne" (the "throne room" is pretty clear, but what defines the actual throne is a bit unclear.) Maybe HT could just do the railing and bowl rather than the big slab - much cheaper and easier to ship.

Given the option of a throne, I'm not sure many people would choose to display him without it, and most would likely prefer the slab like SSC did. Takes up more room but it's a more impressive Jabba display.

Nine Nunb, Admiral Ackbar, and Wicket would be my top picks.

Yeah Nein Numb would be great. With him and Lando they could reuse that Falcon cockpit display and get people talking again......

......and still not make it !!

What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

In all seriousness I'd love to see HT bust out some OT and RO aliens.

I'm with you there ! Greedo would be a must have.

And Rogue One where would I start. Edrio 2 Tubes, Space Monkey, Pao and the big white walking carpet Moroff. Imagine the shelf presence with him.

But I guess unfortunately Rogue One secondary characters will be far down the list I think. We'll probably struggle just to get Cassian and Krennic.

b3180e6febddbb582241412686226f36.jpg

654c00695ac0d77795b258beb65cff6c.jpg

80efd4631bd912c43fa611deb6808775.jpg

64882e97d2b3b4acdc228ef5fa6ece12.jpg

Ahhhhhh. Here it is, one of my favourite days of the year. We've had some great preview nights in the past.... the Jabba/Bib/Boushh reveal was epic. Let's hope for similar tonight.

My body is ready!

Ahhhhhh. Here it is, one of my favourite days of the year. We've had some great preview nights in the past.... the Jabba/Bib/Boushh reveal was epic. Let's hope for similar tonight.

My body is ready!

Mine too. I see one last tease on the HT FB page was Justice League. Looks pretty impressive !!!

But bring on "The Wars" figures I say !!!

While I hope to see Krennic....which might actually get me into the RO line......I really want a good Han Bespin sculpt. That would give me a reason to buy Leia...

Can"t get Leia without Han.....

But what would be MOST interesting is a good Chewbacca instead of the crap ones they give us.

While I hope to see Krennic....which might actually get me into the RO line......I really want a good Han Bespin sculpt. That would give me a reason to buy Leia...

Can"t get Leia without Han.....

But what would be MOST interesting is a good Chewbacca instead of the crap ones they give us.

:goodpost::exactly:

I really hope to see krennic too but he would be an expensive release. Means I would need at least 2 deathtroopers. Without him I don't need any:dunno

Back