What movie everybody else hates but you love?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't seen Avatar, or Pirates 4.

I don't know what I would have cut from AWE, but I don't really have an aversion to bloated films (Jackson's King Kong is in my top 5). I don't know that it was too long per se. My niece went to see AWE with me in the theater and it was a late show. She was only 7 at the time, and not only did she stay awake through the whole thing, but she was cogent enough to get contemplative over scenery well into the film.

Even though it is, I mean in terms of the story. It's just so much story. So many sub-plots. I still like it...but man, I was confused a few times.

It was a lot. I got lost the first time too, but once I knew Elizabeth wasn't going to end up as Calypso, things were much simpler.

I like movies that can be poured over, like a novel. I want overload. Too much like reality otherwise.

If I want reality, I'll go for a walk or something. I don't see the point of Naturalism. Realism, yes; I want to be convinced, but the last thing I want in art is to witness something ordinary, simple, or otherwise pedestrian.

I never asked for that. I loath "real life" films.

If I can't logically go out and experience my self, it's not worth my time.

It's not like it's that hard to follow, but I wish it was toned down. I mean, when your director or star have no idea what they're filming, it's a bit of an issue. Ya know?

Black Hole is awesome.

I never asked for that. I loath "real life" films.

I'm just saying.

CelticPredator said:
If I can't logically go out and experience my self, it's not worth my time.

Did you mean "can"?

CelticPredator said:
It's not like it's that hard to follow, but I wish it was toned down. I mean, when your director or star have no idea what they're filming, it's a bit of an issue. Ya know?

I think that was the problem with Sucker Punch. He was never completely clear what it was he was doing.

Rocky...every time I meet a girl named Adrian, I want to punch the person next to me, squint my I eyes and yell "I did it for you!" in Rocky's voice.

Sucker Punch
Watchmen
I, Robot
Escape From L.A
Weekend at Bernies 1&2
Metoer Man
Tron Legacy
AVP 1
King of the kickboxers
Baseketball
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Friday 13th Jason Takes Manhatten

Man, this is the kind of list that I could write title after title for! But I'll try to keep it brief. Well, brief-ish!

Movies I remember being pretty poorly received by audiences and critics when they were released but that I really dug:

1. Psycho III (A solid little homage to Hitchcock!)
2. Exorcist III (It's not really an "Exorcist" movie per se, but it's really cool and has some terrific writing)
3. Alien 3 (Love the grimy, depressing tone. Hard to keep all the bald white guys straight, but after a few viewings, it really grows on you!)
4. Pootie Tang (I just don't get all the hate this movie received when it came out. Hilarious! It's Louis CK directing!)
5. Mystery Men ("I have a gift. I shovel. I shovel well.")
6. Walk Hard (Inspired stupidity! Delightful movie!)
7. The Hudsucker Proxy (The Coens in top comic form!)
8. The Prophecy (Thanks to home video, this cool little gem did eventually find it's audience!)
9. 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Probably suffered from comparrisons to it's legendary predecessor, but if you take it as a straight up sci-fi thriller, not as a mind-altering art film, it's actually quite good!)
10. 30 Days of Night (Not terribly beloved by critics or ticket buyers, but I really dug it.)

11. Zodiac (Okay, this one's kind of a cheat. It certainly wasn't hated. It just didn't get the respect it deserved, in my opinion. It did decent business at the box office and some critics seemed to like it, but I really think it's Fincher's best movie.)

Now ... my two all-time favorite movies that most of the world seemed to hate when they came out:

2. Joe vs. The Volcano

1. Buckaroo Banzai

If you hate either of these two movies, we just can't be friends! :rotfl

Last edited:
Damn those are a bunch of really ____ty movies. :lecture

Dude, Meteror Man is THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVAR!!!!

Meteor_man.jpg

:rotfl

Sometimes ____ movies are awesome.

:exactly:

Sucker Punch
Watchmen
I, Robot
Escape From L.A
Weekend at Bernies 1&2
Metoer Man
Tron Legacy
AVP 1
King of the kickboxers
Baseketball

Damn those are a bunch of really ____ty movies. :lecture

WATCHMEN WAS NOT A CRAPPY MOVIE :pfft:
wtf? :cuckoo:
it was pretty much a page by page copy of the movie, people just hated because it was not like Batman, they were expecting a beat em up movie,

anyways, I don't think Eternal sunshine should be in here, is not a hated movie and is not a bad movie, is just okay, just an okay movie, that's all,

WATCHMEN WAS NOT A CRAPPY MOVIE :pfft:
wtf? :cuckoo:
it was pretty much a page by page copy of the movie, people just hated because it was not like Batman, they were expecting a beat em up movie,

anyways, I don't think Eternal sunshine should be in here, is not a hated movie and is not a bad movie, is just okay, just an okay movie, that's all,
He probably means...

Sucker Punch
Watchmen
I, Robot
Escape From L.A
Weekend at Bernies 1&2
Metoer Man
Tron Legacy
AVP 1
King of the kickboxers
Baseketball

Also Friday 13th Jason Takes Manhattan is one of the worst movies ever made by a human. It fails as a Friday movie. As a slasher movie...as everything. It's horrible. And stupid.

I don't know...there's like, bad fun, which was half of the Friday series...but that one felt lazy, and cheap.

Barely any good deaths scenes. And not to mention it's boring as holy ____ until Jason gets too Manhattan. Which takes ____ing fooooorrreverrrrrr when he finally gets there.

People hated "i, Robot"? ._. Love that movie.
I enjoyed Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood", which I hear people seem to hate, according to what I've read.

Back