What movie everybody else hates but you love?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do.

Darkness_Strut.gif

First Blood, I can sorta understand, but Rocky?

I guess now we know who didn't grow up in the Northeast in the 70's/early 80's. I mean, just the early morning shots of Philadelphia where you can feel how cold it is. The brick, the green paint on rusted overpasses, bent-to-hell chainlink fences, asphalt mangled by decades of frost heaves...

Even if it wasn't the greatest underdog story ever told, the scenery alone would be enough for most people to fall in love with the movie. I don't think I'll ever get the West coast.

It is quite simple actually. Sylvester Stallones acting has an effect on me that is similar to the effect that fingernails being dragged down a chalkboard have on me.

Last edited:
It is quite simple actually. Sylvester Stallones acting has an effect on me that is similar to the effect that fingernails being dragged down a chalkboard have on me.

Is it his acting? Or is it everything else about him?

Because his acting in Rocky was excellent. It doesn't happen often, but when it does he's great. Cop Land is another good example of what he's capable of.

Sucker Punch
Watchmen
I, Robot
Escape From L.A
Weekend at Bernies 1&2
Metoer Man
Tron Legacy
AVP 1
King of the kickboxers
Baseketball
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Friday 13th Jason Takes Manhatten

Got to add...

The Phantom
Gumkata
DOA: Dead or Alive

Last two are horrible films - that i can watch over ad over :lol

Last edited:
Is it his acting? Or is it everything else about him?

Because his acting in Rocky was excellent. It doesn't happen often, but when it does he's great. Cop Land is another good example of what he's capable of.

I don't consider him to be a bad actor. I realize he is one of the heavy hitters in Hollywood for a reason. I simply don't like the way he acts, myself. It seems to me that his efforts are forced. When I watch him in movies, it seems like his attention is focused on the camera and not on the scene around him. He is not the only actor in Hollywood that I see do this, and he does not do it in every scene, but for some reason it really stands out to me with him when he does it to the point of being a distraction when I am trying to watch a movie.

I thought he had a very bad reputation as an actor. His blockbusters have always done well, but I always assumed he was taken for a joke. In a lot of cases, I can understand the criticism; just not Rocky.

Still haven't seen it, but I might try to see it now.

Chase told me a book was good once. I still might read it.

Oops! Wrong thread. I am deleting! lol

I love the Crank films...but does everyone hate those? *shrugs*

Don't delete. Now I look like I'm talking to myself. :thwak

Back