What Licenses really need more exploration?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's get the licenses HT has, and wastes, out of the way:

-The Matrix: I'm not a huge fan or anything, so I'd never go deep into the line buying them all. But you can't just do Neo and then leave Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith aside.
-FoX-Men: No, seriously, how the Hell did they just let this completely rot ? Not even a LOGAN, well, Logan ?
-Raimi-Man: They do 2 Spider-Men, a New Goblin and then... nothing. Where's Ock? Where's the Green Goblin ?
-Batman Returns: Not even a Catwoman...
-Joker: Still waiting on that Arthur.
-MGS: I don't know if they still have the license, but Christ, did they drop the ball completely.
-Watchmen: This is just a venting case, but how the **** do you start off with Silk Spectre and not Rorschach ?
-PS4 Spider-Man: I don't think I'd buy anything since I'm not a huge Spider-Man anymore, but Christ, tone it down with the Spider-Suits and make some villains already.
-Tron: The bike's nice and all, but I'm not wasting 600$ on a plastic bike. Give me regular figures of Sam, Quora, Rinzler and Clu. Then I'll buy your Flynn too.
-PotC: Just do an updated Davy Jones already. And a Barbossa. An AWE Will and Pirate Lord Elizabeth would be tempting.
-Celebs: Where's my Smooth Criminal MJ HT ? James Dean is fine and all, but I need some David Bowies. Preferably the Thin White Duke.
-Sleepy Hollow: Like others have said, how did we not get a Christopher Walken Horseman ?!
-Arkham: Okay, technically it's not being wasted. They made a few Batman variants, a Joker and have a Batgirl and Harley up for PO. But they took their sweet time with it and have such a huge backlog, that with the new Bat-Movies and the games being rebooted, I doubt they'll ever go past this stage. Which is why I cancelled my BG PO. We could've gotten a perfect Catwoman dammit. That Arkham City Batman and Arkham Asylum Joker teaser wait still haunts me...
-Terminator: There's still stuff to do. Maybe rerelease T1 & T2 Arnie, do a T3 one, and then you can do the Salvation figures again, stuff from the Sarah Connor Chronicles and... Yeah, stop there. But still, there's potential.
-Indiana Jones: How this license is at this sorry state is beyond me.

Also, Sideshow's Marvel/DC Comic Lines. Talk about a dissapointment. What were they thinking with those stylistic choices ? They had Doom on the announcement poster and I'm still waiting. Meanwhile Luke "guy in a yellow t-shirt" Cage gets made. They're getting better from what I'm seeing, with that Gambit, but they dropped the ball hard. Where's my Classic Nick Fury and a proper Punisher, dammit ?!

Now, as for licenses in general that were mistreated and wish would get a second chance:

-Mass Effect: We got that crappy 3Zero Shepard, then Legion and that was it. They killed the vidya and they also destroyed the merch. Someone competent needs to pick this up and do some prestige damn figures.
-Halo: I stopped following the news of the 3A (or 3Zero or whatever) figures after some point. It seemed as if nothing came out proper. And also they went into the 343 stuff when I just wanted some OG Chiefs, Arbiters and the like.
-Hannibal: The 3Zero figure is a poor excuse for a Hannibal. And I really need a Mads Lecter. I could even see myself buying variants. I wouldn't buy anything else, but I'd consider him a Minor Grail.
-ValveVerse: I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 150$ for that ****** oversized 6" figure Mondo. Someone needs to do a proper Gordon, G-Man, Chell and the like.
-God Of War: Seriously, how do we not have a Hot Toys Kratos yet ? GoW 1, the God look from 2, a DX from 3 with all of the weapons, the new one. Talk about a waste. And no, I'm not counting the Mondo oversized kids' action figure as a proper 1/6th collectible.
-Doctor Who: Yeah, this is just a personal thing, but just make another 12 for God's sake.
-Uncharted: **** Sideshow for that farce of a figure.
-300: What even are these figures ? HT needs to do a new Leonidas ASAP.

Honestly, DAMToys would do a pretty good job at all of these if HT's too busy with their Troopers.

Now, for licenses I want someone to pick up and make some proper, prestige figures of:

First up, TV Shows:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love a couple of other shows, like LOST and Mr. Robot. House MD too. But the get-ups are a bit too basic. Not even a fine tailored suit. Elliot for example is literally a guy in a hoodie. Jack and the others run around in t-shirts. Hardly worth 250$ each.

I'll do some Movies now. Some are favourites, most I'd buy the figures, some I'm mentioning because I think you could make a figure or two from. I'm trying to make it a mix of wide appeal and classics. I'm assuming people in our hobby aren't in it to buy 300$ Wolverines only, and would be into "guys in suits" as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm doing Video Games now. I'm passing through the stuff I've already mentioned above, like MGS, Mass Effect, God Of War, Halo, etc. And Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil have currently running lines, so they're out too. That said:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Might as well do some Comic stuff too. I'm not adding Marvel/DC stuff from the main universes since eventually they'll get to them through the movies/shows. There are specific costumes/looks I?d want, but that?s for another thread. Anyway:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Okay, I turned this into a bit of a wishlist post, but... Eh, screw it. One other thing I wish we could get some really prestige figures of is Historical Figures. Alexander, Caesar, Napoleon, Attila, Newton, Da Vinci, Beethoven and so on. That'd be my No.1 want, I think.

I'd love a 1/6 John Goodman Fred Flintstone. There's not a single custom or official figure aside from the 90s toy line.

Also, **** Tracy movie. Give me DT and Flat Top.

Friggen QMX only producing Dean and not Sam from Supernatural. They could have at least another 3 or more characters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

V for Vendetta - we are in need of a quality-high end 1/4 scale V statue. One does not exist. Strange.

Mad Max Fury Road - 1/24 scale vehicles. Would buy every single one from the multiple war parties. Don?t think this will ever happen

Blade runner - original with license
Mad Max - start with 2 - 1 - Thunderdome
Aliens USCM - revision
Top Gun - Origial first
Matrix - Do the rest Hot Toys!

Let's get the licenses HT has, and wastes, out of the way:

-The Matrix: I'm not a huge fan or anything, so I'd never go deep into the line buying them all. But you can't just do Neo and then leave Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith aside.
-FoX-Men: No, seriously, how the Hell did they just let this completely rot ? Not even a LOGAN, well, Logan ?
-Raimi-Man: They do 2 Spider-Men, a New Goblin and then... nothing. Where's Ock? Where's the Green Goblin ?
-Batman Returns: Not even a Catwoman...
-Joker: Still waiting on that Arthur.
-MGS: I don't know if they still have the license, but Christ, did they drop the ball completely.
-Watchmen: This is just a venting case, but how the **** do you start off with Silk Spectre and not Rorschach ?
-PS4 Spider-Man: I don't think I'd buy anything since I'm not a huge Spider-Man anymore, but Christ, tone it down with the Spider-Suits and make some villains already.
-Tron: The bike's nice and all, but I'm not wasting 600$ on a plastic bike. Give me regular figures of Sam, Quora, Rinzler and Clu. Then I'll buy your Flynn too.
-PotC: Just do an updated Davy Jones already. And a Barbossa. An AWE Will and Pirate Lord Elizabeth would be tempting.
-Celebs: Where's my Smooth Criminal MJ HT ? James Dean is fine and all, but I need some David Bowies. Preferably the Thin White Duke.
-Sleepy Hollow: Like others have said, how did we not get a Christopher Walken Horseman ?!
-Arkham: Okay, technically it's not being wasted. They made a few Batman variants, a Joker and have a Batgirl and Harley up for PO. But they took their sweet time with it and have such a huge backlog, that with the new Bat-Movies and the games being rebooted, I doubt they'll ever go past this stage. Which is why I cancelled my BG PO. We could've gotten a perfect Catwoman dammit. That Arkham City Batman and Arkham Asylum Joker teaser wait still haunts me...
-Terminator: There's still stuff to do. Maybe rerelease T1 & T2 Arnie, do a T3 one, and then you can do the Salvation figures again, stuff from the Sarah Connor Chronicles and... Yeah, stop there. But still, there's potential.
-Indiana Jones: How this license is at this sorry state is beyond me.

Also, Sideshow's Marvel/DC Comic Lines. Talk about a dissapointment. What were they thinking with those stylistic choices ? They had Doom on the announcement poster and I'm still waiting. Meanwhile Luke "guy in a yellow t-shirt" Cage gets made. They're getting better from what I'm seeing, with that Gambit, but they dropped the ball hard. Where's my Classic Nick Fury and a proper Punisher, dammit ?!

Now, as for licenses in general that were mistreated and wish would get a second chance:

-Mass Effect: We got that crappy 3Zero Shepard, then Legion and that was it. They killed the vidya and they also destroyed the merch. Someone competent needs to pick this up and do some prestige damn figures.
-Halo: I stopped following the news of the 3A (or 3Zero or whatever) figures after some point. It seemed as if nothing came out proper. And also they went into the 343 stuff when I just wanted some OG Chiefs, Arbiters and the like.
-Hannibal: The 3Zero figure is a poor excuse for a Hannibal. And I really need a Mads Lecter. I could even see myself buying variants. I wouldn't buy anything else, but I'd consider him a Minor Grail.
-ValveVerse: I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 150$ for that ****** oversized 6" figure Mondo. Someone needs to do a proper Gordon, G-Man, Chell and the like.
-God Of War: Seriously, how do we not have a Hot Toys Kratos yet ? GoW 1, the God look from 2, a DX from 3 with all of the weapons, the new one. Talk about a waste. And no, I'm not counting the Mondo oversized kids' action figure as a proper 1/6th collectible.
-Doctor Who: Yeah, this is just a personal thing, but just make another 12 for God's sake.
-Uncharted: **** Sideshow for that farce of a figure.
-300: What even are these figures ? HT needs to do a new Leonidas ASAP.

Honestly, DAMToys would do a pretty good job at all of these if HT's too busy with their Troopers.

Now, for licenses I want someone to pick up and make some proper, prestige figures of:

First up, TV Shows:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love a couple of other shows, like LOST and Mr. Robot. House MD too. But the get-ups are a bit too basic. Not even a fine tailored suit. Elliot for example is literally a guy in a hoodie. Jack and the others run around in t-shirts. Hardly worth 250$ each.

I'll do some Movies now. Some are favourites, most I'd buy the figures, some I'm mentioning because I think you could make a figure or two from. I'm trying to make it a mix of wide appeal and classics. I'm assuming people in our hobby aren't in it to buy 300$ Wolverines only, and would be into "guys in suits" as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm doing Video Games now. I'm passing through the stuff I've already mentioned above, like MGS, Mass Effect, God Of War, Halo, etc. And Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil have currently running lines, so they're out too. That said:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Might as well do some Comic stuff too. I'm not adding Marvel/DC stuff from the main universes since eventually they'll get to them through the movies/shows. There are specific costumes/looks I?d want, but that?s for another thread. Anyway:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Okay, I turned this into a bit of a wishlist post, but... Eh, screw it. One other thing I wish we could get some really prestige figures of is Historical Figures. Alexander, Caesar, Napoleon, Attila, Newton, Da Vinci, Beethoven and so on. That'd be my No.1 want, I think.

That's some list.

Here?s a few on my dream list and companies I think could do them well. Apologies for any duplicates!
Blues Brothers - Blitzway seem to be doing more music themed figs and I still love my Ghostbusters from them. Box them with mic and stand, harmonica, four fried chickens and a coke[emoji6]
Willow - Asmus is doing pretty nice armour. If they keep improving headsculpts, these would be great! Madmartigan and Willow with Elora Danan
E.T. - Hot Toys, but I?d also love a deluxe pack from Blitzway with E.T. Elliott, Gertie and Michael in one glorious box.
Beetlejuice - Sideshow screwed the pooch. Hot Toys deluxe with maroon tuxedo and striped suit versions. Lots of accessories - Handbook for the recently deceased etc.
Galaxy Quest - QMX but they wouldn?t finish the line, so maybe whatever Nanjin is cooking up.
Jaws - Blitzway - again, a nice deluxe box with all three leads.
Die Hard - Hot Toys with swap out bloody feet!
Alien - Hot Toys v2 please
Aliens- Ripley/Powerloader , Hicks and Newt
BTTF- c?mon Hot Toys, Doc in HazMat with remote control and Einstein please!
Dark Crystal/ Labyrinth - Asmus? The Skeksis armour/costumes would look amazing. If their Gandalf hair turns out nice, the mystics would look incredible. Jen and Kira with Fizzgig, Garthim, Landstriders! Bowie, Hoggle and Sarah....Ludo! Ok Asmus, do it!
Gremlins - Hot Toys. Gizmo, Stripe and Billy would be great.....but a 1/6 Phoebe Cates would be appreciated too. Just sayin
***Edit***
Don?t let Star Ace anywhere NEAR these properties[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The road warrior, how the heck haven't we got a decent mass produced Mad Max yet ? Even an licensed one would do

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

The road warrior, how the heck haven't we got a decent mass produced Mad Max yet ? Even an licensed one would do

Sent from my Blade A5 2019-T using Tapatalk

I think I can answer this one. Miller does not like to do merchandise licenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there can be another thread started for people?s 1/6 wish lists and this one can remain the one for the existing licenses that people want to see further explored?

Maybe there can be another thread started for people?s 1/6 wish lists and this one can remain the one for the existing licenses that people want to see further explored?

Never. This topic has come up hundreds of times over the years, and it always devolves into someone's self-interested wish-list. Because most people cannot read well and are self-absorbed.

Back