What Licenses really need more exploration?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
A new angle on the age old question on who do you want in your collection, with a twist....

What Non - SW Non -Marvel license needs more time to explore the character they have already done?

I would try to focus you answer on a HT or other producer that has ONLY made one figure from a particular property....and dropped it.

2 in the extreme of they should have viably produced 12 figures for that license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conan The Barbarian. We were so close. ****ing chronicle bastards.

Batman Returns is the old wound.

Should have at least got Penguin and the Cat but there was room for more, from the Red Triangle Gang to Max Schreck.

They could have done more with ?89 Batman too.

I second that. I would have bought any further Nicholson Jokers, a BD Keaton Batman, the '89 Armory, Penguin and Catwoman at minimum.

Die Hard. Two versions of McClane from the first movie should be easy enough. Hans Gruber, heck I'd even buy Sgt Al.

A DX style set with McClane and the snowmobile from DH2 would be pretty cool to.

Should have at least got Penguin and the Cat but there was room for more, from the Red Triangle Gang to Max Schreck.

I watched BATMAN RETURNS the other night and there was always a tear in my eye that dated back Feb 18, 2012.

This x1000. So much left on the table with these two movies.

BTTF comes to mind with no Doc in a lab coat.

And Planet of the Apes...Why HT...Why?!

Corporal Hicks is my #1 want. Guess I'll have to settle for Biehn's Lang from Mando (assuming he gets made.)

Won't happen. I have zero confidence in Hot Toys taking risks of any kind. I don't think that character ever got on their radar.

If we’re talking existing Hot Toys licenses:
Batman — ‘66 Batgirl w/bat cycle, Joker, Newmar Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin; ‘92 Penguin, Catwoman; ‘95 Sonar Batman, Robin, Riddler, TwoFace; If offered, I’d also get ‘97 Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Freeze, Ivy
Superman — Superman II Superman, Zod, Ursa, Non, Supergirl
DCEU — Shazamily, Mera, Orm, Black Manta, Cyborg
Aliens — Xenomorphs, Alien Queen, Ripley w/Power Loader, updated Colonial Marines
Terminator — diecast T-850 endo, T1 Sara, T1 Kyle Reese, TX endo
Avatar — Neytiri, native Jake, Quaritch in Mech Suit. Maybe HT is waiting for the sequels.

Star Trek- tons of shows and characters to draw from. Easy to milk with multiple characters in similar costumes but also unique designs.

Indiana Jones- Hot Toys only made Indy. The SideShow Henry Jones, Sr. and Toht figures still hold up pretty well.

Back