What is going on? eBay Hot Toys scams!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it is. I should order one of those too. Am I going to get hit with some crazy import fees on those figures or something?

Crazy....I know. But the seller has good feedback. 100%. 27 positives this month. I dunno......seems too good to be true, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Crazy....I know. But the seller has good feedback. 100%. 27 positives this month. I dunno......seems too good to be true, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Did you not read what has been posted here? Sure positive feedback. 100 plus. And not a single one is a hot toy. It's stuffed animals and 2 dollar earrings and knockoff purses. And then out of the blue he starts selling twenty hot toys figures for 80% off. All supposedly new from factory. When hot toys does not even sell direct. Yea, it's a scam.

Yeah, have to say it's hard to comprehend. I agree w/Motux that it's basically taking advantage of buyer protection. :slap

I could see if it where an auction and it just ended low. But a BIN. Nope. Not if they know what it is. And these listings obviously know that it's a hot toys figure. Nothing spelled wrong or not missing photos. (Well no photos of the actual product in hand, but hot toys photos so they know what it is is my point).

I can't fathom how after reading this forum, especially when I explained exactly those auctions, how anyone could expect this to be anything other then a scam? And given we know you did this by posting in this thread you know it's an issue.

Lol....I started the thread. We will see. I still have a tiny little itsy bitsy glimmer of hope. We shall see.

Lol....I started the thread. We will see. I still have a tiny little itsy bitsy glimmer of hope. We shall see.

Wow. Ok. Well, good luck with that. I can't see anyone trying this

I'm my own worst enemy.............sigh. Try to put a little faith in humanity...........screwed yet again. eBay Money back guarantee, I see you in my near future, lol.

gdyblaugh.gif

Haha..........you guys know how to lift my morale.

Well, we did tell you exactly what listings would be high chance of scams. Even told how positive feedback can be inflated. Or an account hacked and stolen. Told us what to watch out for. You asked, we explained and then you still gambled. Do you think ebay would be so quick to refund your money knowing you knew it was probably a scam?

I got fooled by the feedback score. The other scamers had noticeable problems with their feedback, this guy fooled me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back