What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad how? It wasn't sad for me at all, I loved it, just found out Fox is developing a movie.

No I haven't, which one's that? The one that looks like Flash Gordon?

Yea, it seems like a pseudo John Carter/Flash Gordon mash up.

I thought it was great but the content was heartbreaking to me. Trying not to spoil anything if amount wants to read it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

317642.jpg

I just got done with Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. It was ok. I liked it, but not enough to read again.

I just started Ready Player One. It's interesting so far. I'm not a gamer, but I can relate to the 80s nostalgia.

I just got done with Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. It was ok. I liked it, but not enough to read again.

I just started Ready Player One. It's interesting so far. I'm not a gamer, but I can relate to the 80s nostalgia.

I have Ready Player One in my reading que. I plan to read it while I'm on vacation in a couple weeks. I've heard nothing but good things about the book.

To keep the theme of this thread, I am reading Game of Thrones: A Song of Fire and Ice series. Should have book 2, A Clash of Kings, finished by the end of the week. Will take a break from the series when I'm on vacation to read RPO, then will finish the series after that.

Just listened to "Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store". It's a fun read with characters that work at Google and there's some tech and design talk (although some of it doesn't quite ring true).

13538873.jpg

Here's the synopsis:
A Winner of the Alex Award, a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for First Fiction, named a Best Book of the Year by NPR, Los Angeles Times, and San Francisco Chronicle

The Great Recession has shuffled Clay Jannon away from life as a San Francisco web-design drone and into the aisles of Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore. But after a few days on the job, Clay discovers that the store is more curious than either its name or its gnomic owner might suggest. The customers are few, and they never seem to buy anything--instead, they "check out" large, obscure volumes from strange corners of the store. Suspicious, Clay engineers an analysis of the clientele's behavior, seeking help from his variously talented friends. But when they bring their findings to Mr. Penumbra, they discover the bookstore's secrets extend far beyond its walls. Rendered with irresistible brio and dazzling intelligence, Robin Sloan's Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore is exactly what it sounds like: an establishment you have to enter and will never want to leave.

Making my way through Season Two of Brubaker's Sleeper. Very good read, adds a bit of Superpower flare where you might not expect it. It's like a grittier version of Powers.

Sleeper.jpeg

Almost finished with Roughing It by Mark Twain, but I lost momentum.

Starting Tale of Two Cities tonight. I hate Dickens, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Making my way through Season Two of Brubaker's Sleeper. Very good read, adds a bit of Superpower flare where you might not expect it. It's like a grittier version of Powers.

View attachment 191791

Great series, picked up the omnibus a while back and read halfway. Will need to go back and finish it. Brubaker doing what he does best.

Have you read Criminal or Incognito?

Back