What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
76740.jpg

Thanks for posting that, Snoop! Sounds really good! Although I would have thought all that was covered by now.

I listened to the Martian by Andy Weir. Pretty good. It's about an astronaut who gets stranded on Mars and has to figure out how to survive. It gets pretty technical, and I appreciated that.

I also listened to Star Wars: Razor's Edge. It was ok. I got a bit bored with it. Also listened to Kenobi. Also got a little bored with it, but I thought it was interesting how the structured the story like an old western with the stranger (Ben) coming to a frontier town. It was also interesting to see what happened to Ben when he first got to Tattooine. I enjoyed the two Han Solo novels (Scoundrels and Honor Among Thieves) much better.

Ive been on a real audiobook spree lately:

The Golem and The Jinni: It was quite interesting. Nice take on mythology and I liked the characters but the ending was a bit meh.

The Rook: This was a totally unexpected favorite. Loved it. Story, characters, mythology, the amnesia angle worked well for once. Cant wait for the next book.

Now Ive started listening to Mistborn (since I was in the mood for some more epic fantasy and I cant really listen to Lord of The Rings or Game of Thrones again since I know them by heart). So far so good.

Also picked up Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Should keep my distracted during my 8 hour flight to New York.

I just picked up Ready Player One two days ago and I am hooked so far. It's a bit nerdy but quite enjoyable if you like games. Anyone else read this book before?

I have it...it came in one of the Loot Crates :lol

I happen to picked it up after the sales clerk at the comic book shop recommended it. Half way through the book now. What about you, have you started reading it?

That was also a fun read, especially if you grew up playing video games. Even WOW...

Made me a little nostalgic about arcades.
Sure is a fun and easy read too. I want to keep reading it but I don't want it to end. After reading this I think I will pick up Snow Crash Neal Stepheson or The Win by Cory Doctorow. Also have Dog Blood by the Hater trilogy I need to finish but I got hooked on RPO.

I thought this was such a sad story. Millar's stuff tends to be very strong, at least to me. Did you read Starlight?
Sad how? It wasn't sad for me at all, I loved it, just found out Fox is developing a movie.

No I haven't, which one's that? The one that looks like Flash Gordon?

Back