What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion, you dont need to read anything after Ennis. After Ennis it gets kind of boring and makes you feel like your reading it just for the sake of finishing the series, not because your enjoying it. The Ennis run has been my FAVORITE Punisher run of all time though.

In my opinion, you dont need to read anything after Ennis. After Ennis it gets kind of boring and makes you feel like your reading it just for the sake of finishing the series, not because your enjoying it. The Ennis run has been my FAVORITE Punisher run of all time though.

I thought that it might be the case

The quality just never dropped I think I might go back and read all the hardcovers

Is anyone here a fan of WildC.A.T.S? I'm wondering if it's worth getting to. It seems like a great concept... but the fact that it's so obscure makes me question whether it's a good read.

Going to start this when I get home from work.

Gaiman_3DOceanAtEndOfTheLane-small.png

Half way through A Dance With Dragons ( book 5 of A Song of Ice and Fire). Been reading like crazy...just started the series 3 weeks ago and can't put them down.

I'm averaging 400 pages or so a day when I read...but I am also reading about 8+ hours a day. When I'm not working...I'm reading. Should finish book 5 tonight or tomorrow. Then the wait begins for book 6. :(

I'm averaging 400 pages or so a day when I read...but I am also reading about 8+ hours a day. When I'm not working...I'm reading. Should finish book 5 tonight or tomorrow. Then the wait begins for book 6. :(

DAMN you read fast :lol It would take me like a week and a half per book :monkey2

I just finished "The Eye of the World" and now have quite a few to go to finish the "Wheel of Time" series.

I feel a bit mixed about the first book, overall I liked it... but some aspects of the writing and storytelling felt a little clunky. And of course there are a shat-ton of similarities between the first book and LOTR.

Still, interested to see where the series goes and if I have the fortitude to make it through. Anyone else have a recommendation good or bad on the whole series?

Soooo a year and 4 days later and I'm nearing the end of book 12 :lol

I've only read one book outside of the series (quick Hobbit break) and took about a month where I just wasn't reading. But still, this is by far the most time I've invested in a single series.

It's had it's ups and downs, but I've really enjoyed the series so far and book 12 (the first book of the final 3) has been one of the best yet. Can't wait to see how this all ends up... maybe by the end of summer I'll know :lol

That's my problem... I can pound out a book in one day if I'm not careful. I'm already 500 pages in on storm of swords

Part of me wishes I would have read a bit slower...so perhaps I could finish up around the time 6 comes out and roll right into that...but who really knows when that will be. Plus I have no self control...when I want to know how something ends...I always seem to sprint to that finish line.

Just finished The Wheel of Time... a very satisfying finale to the series. Just a touch over 13 months from book 1 to the end of book 14, but totally worth it.

Now the wait for an awful film adaption can begin :lol

Back